Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #946
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?
 
tpettie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
This is probably answered somewhere but I can't find it, so I'll ask!!

Are the mugs dishwasher safe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
99% sure the mugs don't say anything on them either way about being dishwasher safe. I will have to check later. (I tend to wash ours by hand, just my preference.)

But, it's pretty likely they are dishwasher safe. When you look at similar products from the manufacturer (Whirley) they are listed as dishwasher safe:
http://www.drinkworks.com/prodlist?r...at=cw&subcat=i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathgeek View Post
Just checked mine, and it doesn't say dishwasher safe or not. I prefer to wash by hand as well b/c I don't want the design to come off. Plus I have seen that the drying cycle can change the color on them.
I put mine in the dishwasher every day as DH takes two of them with him on his way to work with coffee in it. The result has been Yes the picture will wear off the over all condition of the mugs are fine however one out of the 6-8 mugs he rotates through there is one that has taken on water I can hear it sloshing around in the mug but he doesn't care an continues to use it "yuck!"
__________________



All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #947
raisindiskids
Mouseketeer
 
raisindiskids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: maine
Posts: 157

When do the new resort mugs come out? Do they change a certain time of year?
I am going to Disney in May and my 5 kids can't wait to see what they look like. If anyone has a picture of the ones we will get I would love for you to post it.
__________________
lori
raisindiskids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #948
jackirkh
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 64

Haven't used the refillable mugs in about 6 years. At that point I remember all of the sodas at the resorts being too carbonated, resulting in an unpleasant beverage. So we haven't paid for them since. However, we may get some use out of them this year since they were added to DDP.
jackirkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:07 AM   #949
seadd67
DIS Veteran
 
seadd67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Seattle,wa
Posts: 3,546

Well they just updated them ast year, i dont think they will chage them at least this year. I think its constented that everyone wants the resort mugs back, not this year
__________________
seadd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #950
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisindiskids View Post
I am going to Disney in May and my 5 kids can't wait to see what they look like. If anyone has a picture of the ones we will get I would love for you to post it.
Here are the mugs at Pop Century on Sunday August 21, 2011.

The green lids were a temporary choice that week along with purple and orange. By the end of my trip the selection was back to black, blue, and pink.

This design started early in 2011 and I expect it will continue for 2012.

__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic

Last edited by jcarwash; 01-04-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added quote
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #951
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night
 
Disneylvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 3,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Here are the mugs at Pop Century on Sunday August 21, 2011.

The green lids were a temporary choice that week along with purple and orange. By the end of my trip the selection was back to black, blue, and pink.

This design started early in 2011 and I expect it will continue for 2012.
NICE! I think this is the first time I have seen the 2011 mugs and since we didn't get to go during 2011, I will be happy to get these next week! Thank you for posting the photo.
__________________
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #952
raisindiskids
Mouseketeer
 
raisindiskids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: maine
Posts: 157

Thank you for the great picture! Can't wait to get them when we are at Pop in May.
__________________
lori
raisindiskids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #953
lrmesq
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68

thanks

Very helpful. Thank you.
lrmesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #954
Shih-Tzu
Mouseketeer
 
Shih-Tzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lincoln, New Brunswick - 1752.41 miles NE of the CBR; 1751.27 miles NE of POFQ; 1760 miles NE of OKW; 3415 miles NE of DLR Anahiem
Posts: 369

Oh goodie - different mugs than the ones we got in Dec 2010......hopefully I will be close enough to where I can refill at OKW.....if it's too far may not be worth it....
__________________
Oct 1991 - Off Site
Sep 2009 - Caribbean Beach
Dec 2010 - POFQ
Feb 2012 - OKW
Nov 2013 - Good Neighbour in Anaheim

Shih-Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #955
AndyMonti
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6

Mugs

The mugs are the best value at Disney!
AndyMonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #956
jazzielady
DIS Veteran
 
jazzielady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: behind my keyboard
Posts: 683

OK, just need to know, have they implemented the RFID chips anywhere besides ASSpts yet? We went in July of last year, and, I'm sorry, if the cups haven't changed, we're taking them next week. No one will be able to tell. I'm certainly not brazen nor rude enough to use BB cups or 7-11 cups.

I just want to know whether to take up extra space in our luggage. Yes, I know the rules. Just give me the facts, please

Remember, no debate allowed on this thread.
__________________
Me 46 DH 55 dd15 dd13 Cindy our golden doodle Nicky our poodle Ivy our 1yo demon dog maltipoo Millie
jazzielady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #957
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzielady View Post
OK, just need to know, have they implemented the RFID chips anywhere besides ASSpts yet? We went in July of last year, and, I'm sorry, if the cups haven't changed, we're taking them next week. No one will be able to tell. I'm certainly not brazen nor rude enough to use BB cups or 7-11 cups.

I just want to know whether to take up extra space in our luggage. Yes, I know the rules. Just give me the facts, please

Remember, no debate allowed on this thread.
I haven't read any reports about the RFID mug test being expanded outside of All Star Sports. I think it's still limited to that resort right now.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #958
DFrench73
Earning My Ears
 
DFrench73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16

Just want to make sure I understand what the 64 or so pages of this thread are telling me. I am arriving at the end of this month and I believe the following....

I have the "free" Dining plan which comes with a refillable mug per person.

This mug will only be able to be used at Fort Wilderness (assuming that is the resort I use my "credit" to grab the mug)

Because I have the 1 Quick Service and 1 Table Service meal per person per day credit, I shouldn't be worried about drinks during the meals at the parks.

Lastly, Assuming I want a drink at the park, that is not a part of the meal, The mug is useless and I have to buy a drink like everyone else.

Are all these statements true, or am I even more confused?
__________________
DFrench73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #959
jcarwash
DIS Veteran
 
jcarwash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,531

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFrench73 View Post
Just want to make sure I understand what the 64 or so pages of this thread are telling me. I am arriving at the end of this month and I believe the following....

I have the "free" Dining plan which comes with a refillable mug per person.

This mug will only be able to be used at Fort Wilderness (assuming that is the resort I use my "credit" to grab the mug)

Because I have the 1 Quick Service and 1 Table Service meal per person per day credit, I shouldn't be worried about drinks during the meals at the parks.

Lastly, Assuming I want a drink at the park, that is not a part of the meal, The mug is useless and I have to buy a drink like everyone else.

Are all these statements true, or am I even more confused?
You got it all right!

Your refill mugs are for use at the resort. You can't refill them inside the park restaurants. You can fill your mug at the resort and bring it into the parks if you want though. I like to do that with coffee in the morning.

Your dining plan will include drinks with each meal, plus if you want you can use your snack credits on drinks too. That's not my favorite option for snack credits, but it's something you can do.
__________________

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #960
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzielady View Post
...I just want to know whether to take up extra space in our luggage. Yes, I know the rules. Just give me the facts, please ...
The facts are the refillable mug is only good for the length of your stay at the resort that you got it from during that trip.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mug, rfid



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: