DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

What is a courtyard view at BWV?

Can someone tell me(and possibly show me a picture?) of a courtyard view at BWV? We will be staying in a studio and our main goal is to have a quiet room that is close to the elevators...we will be with 2 little ones.

* November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
My husband Me My son My daughter
robinbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
Can someone tell me(and possibly show me a picture?) of a courtyard view at BWV? We will be staying in a studio and our main goal is to have a quiet room that is close to the elevators...we will be with 2 little ones.
See map created by Granny:

If you have preferred pool/garden reserved, it could be any of the red areas. The small red area on the boardwalk side is known as the "Village Green". Those rooms would be close to the elevator but not necessarily quiet. The rooms at the far end near the Swan would be more quiet but a long walk to the elevator.
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

So what is courtyard view? Does it cover all the water/garden view?

* November 2013- Dolphin and POFQ *October 2012- WDW Swan * January 2012- WDW Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas. *January 2010-WDW Bay Lake Tower *January 2009-WDW Wilderness Lodge * June 2003- Disneyland Paris on our Honeymoon. WDW SEVERAL times as a kid. *1979- Disneyland in California
Old 01-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
So what is courtyard view? Does it cover all the water/garden view?
preferred water (or pool)/garden view is the term used at the BWVs for the majority of rooms (about 20% are standard view, another 20% preferred BW view, balance of 60% preferred PG view).
i've heard courtyard view used at the BWI, but not BWVs. are you renting points? if so, you can verify the view with the owner.
as far as requests, ask for close to elevators (there is only one bank of elevators in the villas, neccessary with strollers). being closer to the elevators might be a bit noisier, however.
also, upper floors tend to be quieter.
just a suggestion.: try to limit your requests to 1 or 2 (reminder: requests are not guaranteed)and never a specific room. reasons being that too many requests limit the pool of rooms, and you might not get any of your requests met if the rooms that meet your criteria are occupied, same as with requesting a specific room. the BWVs are usually at close to or full occupancy.
hth
Old 01-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
vandy
Vacations are getaways from vacation planning!

As already stated, there is no official 'courtyard' view at BWV. Maybe the room overlooks an area defined as a courtyard, and not overlooking the two pools. I have heard those rooms unofficially described as courtyard view. Again as mentioned before, those would be the ones overlooking the grassy area at the far left of the photo (closest to Swan) and the tiny red area that overlooks the space between the lobby and the boat dock. Sounds like you will need to get further explanation.

vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

if you want near the elevators - definitely say that.

the ones near the elevators are closer to the main pool than the courtyard. the courtyard view - assuming they are talking about the one near the BW - where BWV looks out on the restuarants and BWI. these are not really all that close to the elevators.

this is NOT a request with DVC BWV - only WDW BWI.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
2binak
DVC Owner

When we checked in this past Oct, we were given the choice of a room overlooking the quiet pool or the "courtyard". "Courtyard" was the term that the CM checking us in used to describe the area of lawn that is behind the rooms that are next to Jelly Rolls, but as others have stated, there is no official "courtyard" view.

We declined the "courtyard" view due to the possible noise from Jelly Rolls & took a room overlooking the quiet pool instead.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 SSR
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
robinbutterfly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2binak View Post
When we checked in this past Oct, we were given the choice of a room overlooking the quiet pool or the "courtyard". "Courtyard" was the term that the CM checking us in used to describe the area of lawn that is behind the rooms that are next to Jelly Rolls, but as others have stated, there is no official "courtyard" view.

We declined the "courtyard" view due to the possible noise from Jelly Rolls & took a room overlooking the quiet pool instead.
OH goodness. I don't want the noise from Jelly Rolls!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99

Quote:
OH goodness. I don't want the noise from Jelly Rolls!
The room would be facing the canal, I don't think you would hear noise from Jellyrolls. I had room 3002 once, which was the last room next to Jellyrolls on the canal side, didn't hear anything. You would probably hear noise on the boardwalk side.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
sara mom
Mouseketeer

Can you see fireworks from any of the rooms there? Maybe the boardwalk view? But then again, I have no idea what park is opposite the water.
sara mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara mom View Post
Can you see fireworks from any of the rooms there? Maybe the boardwalk view? But then again, I have no idea what park is opposite the water.
You can see Epcot fireworks from the boardwalk view & some of the standard views. You can also see MK fireworks in the distance from the boardwalk side (look towards the Yacht Club).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: