Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #256
DreamtheImpossible
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 107

Oh yes. He is giving me everything I want with this wedding and is jumping in feet first with the Disney theme. The very least I can do is agree to eat steak one night.
__________________
DreamtheImpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #257
PrincessAri
Disneyland Bride and Disneyland Mom
 
PrincessAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32

yes yes. I love that my other half is allowing me to have whatever I want (with in our budget of course) and allowing me to get so excited about having our wedding at Disneyland and it helps that he LOVES the idea just as much as I do. So since he gives his opinions, I take them and factor them in to our day, because after all its not just mine.
__________________
Ari , Mookie , Alexa 5 , Kristopher 7 months

PrincessAri is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-30-2011, 11:04 PM   #258
kipperoo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 67

We picked the steak menu, but DF's dad is allergic to strawberries. When I asked Michelle if we could have a different dessert for him, she offered to just change out the dessert on our menu for the creme brulee from the chicken menu. There was no charge for this, and I'm pretty sure as long as you're switching for similar things on the other menu, they should be pretty accommodating.
__________________
kipperoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #259
Mindyjoy
DIS Veteran
 
Mindyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,525

I don't know if this is allowed for Escape weddings, but you can ask to taste both dishes (the steak and the chicken) at the food tasting. You should also be able to ask for a vegetarian/vegan option if you need one. One of my friends is vegan so they are giving me a vegan dish to try at the tasting.
Mindyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:11 PM   #260
PrincessNurseMRA
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4

Disneyland Escape Questions

hi everyone!! great information on here. I am starting to plan our 5 yr vow renewal at disneyland. We have a verry small wedding and this has always been my dream. I am thinking escape option i hope its still there with the same options in 2013 (cross my fingers lol). Does anyone have sugestion for photographers. Is there any option anywhere to have a profesional session in the parks ?? not in wedding atire just with family kinda like engagement shoots that i have seen Also if anyone knows more about the peirside pavillion for the ceremony. I have seen pics of weddings there but it sorta looks like a ton of upgrades so what is the basic look there. Thanks so much !!
PrincessNurseMRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #261
kipperoo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessNurseMRA View Post
hi everyone!! great information on here. I am starting to plan our 5 yr vow renewal at disneyland. We have a verry small wedding and this has always been my dream. I am thinking escape option i hope its still there with the same options in 2013 (cross my fingers lol). Does anyone have sugestion for photographers. Is there any option anywhere to have a profesional session in the parks ?? not in wedding atire just with family kinda like engagement shoots that i have seen Also if anyone knows more about the peirside pavillion for the ceremony. I have seen pics of weddings there but it sorta looks like a ton of upgrades so what is the basic look there. Thanks so much !!
Hey There! I'm having a DL escape wedding in less than 2 weeks ( ) Disneyland doesn't have any of it's own photographers for weddings. They have some preferred vendors, but you can find your own if you want. When you sign your contract there's a clause that any outside vendors (including photo and video) have liability insurance, so keep that in mind when choosing a photographer. Mine went and got the necessary insurance to shoot our wedding. We also are doing an hour and a half shoot in the park (nothing official, didn't notify anyone, and are just all going into the park with admission) in the afternoon/early evening after our wedding. We're doing an hour of just the two of us in various locations and then 30 minutes of us with our families around the castle. I'll be posting plenty of pictures in a few weeks :D So check out my planning journal for those... I don't have any info on the pierside paviliion, but in the 6 months I've been looking at Disneyland weddings, it seems like they've changed their Escape locations a few times, so I would probably wait until closer to the date to really research Escape venues
__________________
kipperoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #262
Msraye89
Earning My Ears
 
Msraye89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 20

Question

Hi all!

Newb here! We are doing an escape package with Disneyland this December. I was just wondering as I have two nieces (one that will be 1 this august and the other will be 2 in september). Do babies count against the "20" person guest list?
Msraye89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #263
PrincessAri
Disneyland Bride and Disneyland Mom
 
PrincessAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32

WElcome to the boards, they do not count against the guest count if you do not purchase them food. They do count if you want them to have a meal. That is what I have been told. I have the same issue, our daughter who will be 2 when we get married and our niece who will be 1 1/2
__________________
Ari , Mookie , Alexa 5 , Kristopher 7 months

PrincessAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #264
Msraye89
Earning My Ears
 
Msraye89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAri View Post
WElcome to the boards, they do not count against the guest count if you do not purchase them food. They do count if you want them to have a meal. That is what I have been told. I have the same issue, our daughter who will be 2 when we get married and our niece who will be 1 1/2
that is AWESOME to hear. I need to let my fiance know that. He was including both of my nieces in the guest list and with them included it comes to 24.

Thank you!
Msraye89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #265
PrincessAri
Disneyland Bride and Disneyland Mom
 
PrincessAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msraye89 View Post
that is AWESOME to hear. I need to let my fiance know that. He was including both of my nieces in the guest list and with them included it comes to 24.

Thank you!
You also have to keep in mind that the 20 person guest count HAS to include you and your Fiance. So in all reality you are only allowed 18 guests just like the WDW Escape Wedding package. When we started looking into the Escape Package, it was 26 guests total, so now we have to find a way to cut 6 people from our guest list, Its one big bummer.
__________________
Ari , Mookie , Alexa 5 , Kristopher 7 months

PrincessAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #266
Msraye89
Earning My Ears
 
Msraye89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAri View Post
You also have to keep in mind that the 20 person guest count HAS to include you and your Fiance. So in all reality you are only allowed 18 guests just like the WDW Escape Wedding package. When we started looking into the Escape Package, it was 26 guests total, so now we have to find a way to cut 6 people from our guest list, Its one big bummer.
Yeah last year at some point we called to get some initial questions answered and were told 26 people including bride and groom. However, when I called this morning they informed me that is indeed 20 including bride and groom. which is fine. We're going to do immediate family only (parents & siblings) and then we'll do a celebratory lunch thingy when we come home (we live in Arizona).

Another question I have as of just now lol is the escape package includes a reception right?
Msraye89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #267
PrincessAri
Disneyland Bride and Disneyland Mom
 
PrincessAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msraye89 View Post
Yeah last year at some point we called to get some initial questions answered and were told 26 people including bride and groom. However, when I called this morning they informed me that is indeed 20 including bride and groom. which is fine. We're going to do immediate family only (parents & siblings) and then we'll do a celebratory lunch thingy when we come home (we live in Arizona).

Another question I have as of just now lol is the escape package includes a reception right?
We are planning on doing the same thing. But my Future siblings-in law have children that would have to count against the guest count and that is what pushes out guest list over 20. We live in New Mexico so its not that hard for us to do the same thing. And as of right now yes it does, it includes a 3 course meal Salad, main course and deserts. It also includes Fresh seasonal floral bouquet, Fresh seasonal floral boutonniere, Beautiful two-tiered wedding cake 1 Champagne Bottle or 2 non-alcoholic sparkling cider, A CD Player or iPod hook-up to play your own music selections if you choose, or Disney can provide Disney-themed music for your Ceremony. The ipod hook up is extra.A wedding website, a wedding planner, self parking for you and your guests
__________________
Ari , Mookie , Alexa 5 , Kristopher 7 months

PrincessAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #268
Msraye89
Earning My Ears
 
Msraye89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAri View Post
We are planning on doing the same thing. But my Future siblings-in law have children that would have to count against the guest count and that is what pushes out guest list over 20. We live in New Mexico so its not that hard for us to do the same thing. And as of right now yes it does, it includes a 3 course meal Salad, main course and deserts. It also includes Fresh seasonal floral bouquet, Fresh seasonal floral boutonniere, Beautiful two-tiered wedding cake 1 Champagne Bottle or 2 non-alcoholic sparkling cider, A CD Player or iPod hook-up to play your own music selections if you choose, or Disney can provide Disney-themed music for your Ceremony. The ipod hook up is extra.A wedding website, a wedding planner, self parking for you and your guests
That's a lot! I'm SO beyond excited about this and it's still basically 12 months away
lol. When's your big day?
Msraye89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #269
PrincessAri
Disneyland Bride and Disneyland Mom
 
PrincessAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msraye89 View Post
That's a lot! I'm SO beyond excited about this and it's still basically 12 months away
lol. When's your big day?
It's in September. I still have until march to start my planning but I'm so excited, we are going to Disneyland in may and after that there isn't much time to have to wait.
__________________
Ari , Mookie , Alexa 5 , Kristopher 7 months

PrincessAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #270
Msraye89
Earning My Ears
 
Msraye89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAri View Post
It's in September. I still have until march to start my planning but I'm so excited, we are going to Disneyland in may and after that there isn't much time to have to wait.
That's a good month!! I have til June before the "real" planning starts buuut I'm looking at wedding hair, and shoes and such. lol
__________________
Manda[me]- Brandon[him]

Msraye89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: