Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #31
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Sandy, woohoo for the Osbourne lights and leaving so soon. Really, the weather should be fine for most of your stay. I have personally never seen the castle lights. LOL, so dont feel so bad.

Have a fabulous trip! And remember, free wi-fi now, so please report in if you can.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #32
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Hey ladies! Can I chat, too?! I've heard about this thread and wanted to come join along.

Happy New Year!

lauren_elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #33
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

Hello Lauren! Happy New Year to you too! I'm Lynette. I used to post here pretty regularly, but these days I pop in here pretty infrequently (despite my efforts to the contrary) and these ladies are always very friendly and welcoming!

Some of the regular posters here (including the thread mama) are on vacation at the moment, so the thread won't have its usual activity. But these are some of the nicest people on the DIS. Want to tell us about yourself?

Marita, got that tree down yet? The kids and I deChristmasified the house yesterday, and DH removed the outside decorations too. He took the real tree out for trash collection, but the artificial tree is still standing (nekkid!) in the living room, waiting to be deported to the basement. It looks so sad and dark.

Sandy, thanks for the positive 2012 vibes! Things are off to a pretty fantastic start. I pray they continue this trend, and improve for some others here as well!

MommyP, I saw you over on the YES thread. If you haven't yet taken advantage of one of the classes, you're in for a treat! The class Boris and Natasha took in 2010 was lots of fun, and you just cannot beat the discounted tickets! I know that at least one of BBN's littles took a class last summer, and that class got great reviews from them as well.

Mony, sorry about your DH's friend. It's so hard to deal with the loss of people so young, isn't it?

Pumba, it's THAT time of year again for you and me, isn't it? Cold, cold, COLD! We had the oil man deliver earlier today, and even with the discounted cash price, it really puts a dent in our wallet! How many days until summer?????????

Me DH DS14 DD12

Last edited by lalijack; 01-03-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: zhuzhing up my post ;-P
lalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #34
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Hey ladies! Can I chat, too?! I've heard about this thread and wanted to come join along.

Happy New Year!
Well, I don't know, are you over 21?

OOPs, Sorry Lauren, I mistook you for a former poster (PJ). Of course you are welcom here to chat here. We are having a rare convergence of fomer poster currently, lately it's been just 4 for the most part, but the more the merrier.

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 01-04-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Backstage_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #35
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalijack View Post

Marita, got that tree down yet?
Ummm. NO! But I did get the stuff down from the fireplace and TV,which are currently residing on a living room chair. Hey, I got 3 weeks left!
Babysteps!

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 01-04-2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: If it were up to me, I wouldnt put up anthing in the first place!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #36
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalijack View Post
Hello Lauren! Happy New Year to you too! I'm Lynette. I used to post here pretty regularly, but these days I pop in here pretty infrequently (despite my efforts to the contrary) and these ladies are always very friendly and welcoming!

Some of the regular posters here (including the thread mama) are on vacation at the moment, so the thread won't have its usual activity. But these are some of the nicest people on the DIS. Want to tell us about yourself?
Hey Lynette! Glad to hear it.

Well, let's see. I'm Lauren. (Surprise! Hahaha) I'm married to my wonderful husband and we have 2 sweet & crazy kiddos. Our son is 4 years old, starts Kindergarten in the Fall (oh my gosh -- I can't believe it's THIS year!) and our daughter is 10 months old. I'm currently in the process of getting my real estate license and I'm super excited about it. Anxious and nervous, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Well, I don't know, are you over 21?
Sure am!

Old 01-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #37
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Sorry, LE, please read my amended post, I was mistaking you for another Lauren who use to post here.

Welcome!

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 01-04-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: PS: MommyP had 6 kids, so if you need any kid advice, dont ask me, LOL
Old 01-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #38
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Quote:

Happy New Year!
WELCOME INDEED!

as been reported many have drifted - but somehow this new year, we are converging again! I need my imaginary friends! :group hug:

I'm Sandy - I have 3 kids - DS 26 (he just got divorced, no kids married 2 years, he's hard of hearing) DS 24 just got engaged, they live in Chicago, he just started a job downtown with trading stocks - he gave us a scare 2 years ago now, he fell in college, but he's all healed - I appreciated my internet friends... and DD 15 - just started High school... teenager. 'nuff said! DH just started a job He is a big volunteer in the Boy Scouts (both boys are Eagle Scouts, and now he trains adult leaders) and he likes to run, and climb mountains! I like to read, knit, watch reality tv, knit, advocate for my kids, oh, and we have 2 dogs!

And we're going on to DISNEYWORLD! In 24 hours we'll be in Orlando

Marita you're so funny! I wondered how PJ was doing! Its ok to have the tree up - at least till 12th night (or ours will be up till I get home!) There's always next weekend! I will have the laptop, and dh will be napping, (running 39.3 miles, must get up at 3am!) so I'm sure I'll get on and bore you all!! DISNEY, we're going to Disney

Lynette that's a prayer we all can get on board with! In His Mercy! (and I do so hope that mayan calendar is off - can you imagine the end of the world Dec 21, 2012? What would you do? (we survived 11/11/11, why not 12/12/12? )

DH is packing. I finally did my hair. I think I need more time - I can see a few grey hairs I'm babysitting the dogs - DD is studying for finals...

Last edited by Sandy321; 01-04-2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: and we like to add silly things in the edit line - just because. Its an old habit, old thread from years gone by...
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #39
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Lauren!

Hi I am Monica. I have been away for awhile but it resolutioned, ya its a made up word, to check in more often.

I have four kids. 15, 13, 7, and 4. My oldest has Asperger's but we are smooth sailing at the moment, last year at school was a nighmare!!!!

I am a special education major and have 2 semester's left until I gradutate!

This has been a looooong time coming.

I ran a day care for 14 years and closed the doors this summer so I could focus on finishing school. I teach catechism and I am involved in a ministry at my church that helps pregnant women facing a crisis pregnancy.

I just started to substitute teach and start my pre-student teaching this semester. I didn't get placed yet Sandy, school is still out for that district, but she mentioned a resource room at a very close elementary. I would love that!

I deChristmasfyied today. I even thoroughly cleaned the living room. I can now comfortably sit in that room.

Tomorrow I tackle the Kitchen.

School starts next week and I go through this I have to clean my house phase, it is like what you do right before you deliver a baby. LOL!

Oh Mal is selling Girl Scout cookies if anyone is interested. You can even donate a box to the service men and women overseas.

Mal got Just Dance for the Wii and I can't move my arms without them hurting. But it is a great way to get some exercise in while playing with my girls.

Pumba: I don't miss that. I sometimes wouldn't even get a phone call for my no shows. So many mornings I woke up real early for nothing. Not N-E more! ~that's how Maddy says "any".

Marita, I am readig Neb's TR, I am on like page 35, so behind, but I am trying.

Yea! Revenge is on tonight!

Last edited by monymony3471; 01-04-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Have a great trip Sandy!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #40
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

hello NEW PERSON....WELCOME

I am Marie aka PUMBA with ONE A....cause there is another pumbaa but she has two A's...I am a moderator on the restaurant board....I like food...'nuf said...hahaha...oh yah the other pumbaa with two a's is also on the restaurant board....go figure..
My house was deChristmased Monday......I WAS so happy to see it put away...until the next Christmas...

the Hub and me have been married for 45 years in May....I cant believe that...our babies are 42 and almost 40 ...whaaaaaa...OH yah...We have four grandkids...two are 22 and 20 and two are 5 and 7......kinda fun always...

We are going to Disney ...to visit the House of the Mouse in May...our son and daughter in law and two little munchkins are going and also talked our Daughter into going with us...her hub will stay home and take care of the doggies...I am ready to go...
SANDY it is 16 now...our high today was 18 and when I got up at seven it was 3.......yup we stayed in ...no walking ...
EVEN Megara the doggie went out squatted and ran for the door....she was cold...Dalmatians dont have a lot of fur...I should of gotten her a jacket the other day at the pet store...she needs FUR...

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #41
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Quote:

Happy New Year!
Welcome!

I'm MommyP, I have 6 kids(as seen in my signature, but they are all like 2 years older than that now. haha) We live in Florida, but not close enough to WDW! I homeschool and am pretty much losing my mind on a daily basis.

We are LOVING this cold weather down here. It never gets as cold here as in Orlando, but it was 64 in the house this morning, so I put the heat on for a couple hours. When Chad left for work at 6:30 he put extra blankets on us all.

Have you all been faithfully signing up for the new LAME Disney promo to try and win a free trip? I have even though I'm pretty sure it won't cover a family my size.

Did anyone send Twinkiemama and Utahmama PM's with direction to the new digs?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #42
lalijack
Will work for tags
Too bad there isn't a place to study the Tag Fairies in their natural habitat, eh?

[QUOTE=Backstage_Gal;43621031]
Quote:
Ummm. NO! But I did get the stuff down from the fireplace and TV,which are currently residing on a living room chair. Hey, I got 3 weeks left!
Babysteps!
Heehee! I was only teasing you! I know you better than to even think for a second that the tree was down! No hurry....not like it's going anywhere, right?

Quote:
Hey Lynette! Glad to hear it.

Well, let's see. I'm Lauren. (Surprise! Hahaha) I'm married to my wonderful husband and we have 2 sweet & crazy kiddos. Our son is 4 years old, starts Kindergarten in the Fall (oh my gosh -- I can't believe it's THIS year!) and our daughter is 10 months old. I'm currently in the process of getting my real estate license and I'm super excited about it. Anxious and nervous, too.
Time zooms by, doesn't it? My kids are 12 and 10 (as you may have noticed by my siggie), but I'm not quite sure how that happened!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
Lynette that's a prayer we all can get on board with! In His Mercy! (and I do so hope that mayan calendar is off - can you imagine the end of the world Dec 21, 2012? What would you do? (we survived 11/11/11, why not 12/12/12? )
Eek! I hope those Mayans were way off in their calculations too! I don't have time for the end of the world...waaaay too much to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I deChristmasfyied today. I even thoroughly cleaned the living room. I can now comfortably sit in that room.
The kids and I de-Christmasified the house on Monday after suppah, but DH is sick and is being a man-child, so he didn't take the boxes down to the basement until tonight. You know how men are when they're sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoppins View Post
Have you all been faithfully signing up for the new LAME Disney promo to try and win a free trip? I have even though I'm pretty sure it won't cover a family my size.

I have been faithfully entering for the new craptastic promo. What a letdown, huh?

I haven't PM'd either Twink or Wendy. Mony, did I see that you sent Wendy the info? I can PM Twink if no one has done it yet. And BBN too, just in case she wants to pop in.

Me DH DS14 DD12
lalijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #43
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
hello NEW PERSON....WELCOME

I am Marie aka PUMBA with ONE A....cause there is another pumbaa but she has two A's...I am a moderator on the restaurant board....I like food...'nuf said...hahaha...oh yah the other pumbaa with two a's is also on the restaurant board....go figure..
My house was deChristmased Monday......I WAS so happy to see it put away...until the next Christmas...

the Hub and me have been married for 45 years in May....I cant believe that...our babies are 42 and almost 40 ...whaaaaaa...OH yah...We have four grandkids...two are 22 and 20 and two are 5 and 7......kinda fun always...

We are going to Disney ...to visit the House of the Mouse in May...our son and daughter in law and two little munchkins are going and also talked our Daughter into going with us...her hub will stay home and take care of the doggies...I am ready to go...
SANDY it is 16 now...our high today was 18 and when I got up at seven it was 3.......yup we stayed in ...no walking ...
EVEN Megara the doggie went out squatted and ran for the door....she was cold...Dalmatians dont have a lot of fur...I should of gotten her a jacket the other day at the pet store...she needs FUR...
Hey! We took down all of our Christmas stuff today, too. It's always a little sad to see it go.... but Christmas is only a little over 11 months away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Sorry, LE, please read my amended post, I was mistaking you for another Lauren who use to post here.

Welcome!
Not a problem, girl. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
WELCOME INDEED!

as been reported many have drifted - but somehow this new year, we are converging again! I need my imaginary friends! :group hug:

I'm Sandy - I have 3 kids - DS 26 (he just got divorced, no kids married 2 years, he's hard of hearing) DS 24 just got engaged, they live in Chicago, he just started a job downtown with trading stocks - he gave us a scare 2 years ago now, he fell in college, but he's all healed - I appreciated my internet friends... and DD 15 - just started High school... teenager. 'nuff said! DH just started a job He is a big volunteer in the Boy Scouts (both boys are Eagle Scouts, and now he trains adult leaders) and he likes to run, and climb mountains! I like to read, knit, watch reality tv, knit, advocate for my kids, oh, and we have 2 dogs!

And we're going on to DISNEYWORLD! In 24 hours we'll be in Orlando

DH is packing. I finally did my hair. I think I need more time - I can see a few grey hairs I'm babysitting the dogs - DD is studying for finals...
Hi Sandy! What kind of dogs do you have? We also have 2 dogs, a boxer and an american bulldog, and they are both CRAAAAZZYYYY!

You're in Disney World right now and I'm jealous! I hope yall are having a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Lauren!

Hi I am Monica. I have been away for awhile but it resolutioned, ya its a made up word, to check in more often.

I have four kids. 15, 13, 7, and 4. My oldest has Asperger's but we are smooth sailing at the moment, last year at school was a nighmare!!!!

I am a special education major and have 2 semester's left until I gradutate!

This has been a looooong time coming.

I ran a day care for 14 years and closed the doors this summer so I could focus on finishing school. I teach catechism and I am involved in a ministry at my church that helps pregnant women facing a crisis pregnancy.

I just started to substitute teach and start my pre-student teaching this semester. I didn't get placed yet Sandy, school is still out for that district, but she mentioned a resource room at a very close elementary. I would love that!

Tomorrow I tackle the Kitchen.

School starts next week and I go through this I have to clean my house phase, it is like what you do right before you deliver a baby. LOL!

Oh Mal is selling Girl Scout cookies if anyone is interested. You can even donate a box to the service men and women overseas.

Mal got Just Dance for the Wii and I can't move my arms without them hurting. But it is a great way to get some exercise in while playing with my girls.
Hey Monica! You said Mal... is your daughter a Mallory by any chance?! That's my daughter's name!

I think I just might have to order some girl scout cookies... I can never get enough Samoa's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoppins View Post
Welcome!

I'm MommyP, I have 6 kids(as seen in my signature, but they are all like 2 years older than that now. haha) We live in Florida, but not close enough to WDW! I homeschool and am pretty much losing my mind on a daily basis.

We are LOVING this cold weather down here. It never gets as cold here as in Orlando, but it was 64 in the house this morning, so I put the heat on for a couple hours. When Chad left for work at 6:30 he put extra blankets on us all.

Hey! Your kids are gorgeous!!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #44
babynurse1
Atticus Finch Is My Hero
Anybody who knows me, knows that sharing a Diet Coke is a big dot deal

Hi gang! thanks for the heads up on FB! Our computer died. We went to get a virus removed and the technician said our hard drive would be going out soonishly. Unfortunately soonishly was two weeks later. No money in the budget for a new computer right now so I have been using my phone for all my internet needs. It is soooo much easier to pop in on FB than to log in here on my phone.

It is nice to see so many people on here and like Celery, I had completely forgot that poem! Too funny. It brings back some great memories of our little gang.

Welcome to Lauren Elizabeth. Nice to meet you. The weird thing is the Lauren who used to post here was named Lauren Elizabeth too (that was not her username though). When I first saw you I thought it was her under a new name.

My name is Elisabeth too. Obviously spelled with an "s". I have 4 kiddos. My daughter is 18, and my boys are 16, 13, and 11. I am somewhere in my thirties and I work as a nurse. I used to work exclusively on the mom/baby unit but now I flip back and forth between mom/baby, womens medsurg, and pediatrics. We are active in lots of sports in this family and of course we love Disney!

Hope all of you are well. I will try to pop in with more regularity. Maybe it will be my New Years resolution. lol
babynurse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #45
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

Morning everyone..
WE are heating up today...(hopefully) It is 18 now and some where I read it may go up to the high 30s or low 40's ...may get Ava out and take a fast walk..

Hubby didnt go to work today...he has a cold and talks funny....I shall stay away from him....When he called into work, he said when he finds the one that gave it to him he will kiss him on the mouth and slip him the tongue....then the supervisor said that would be so and so....HAHAHHA...I guess a few are already out with the germ...

Hope you all have a great day..
HELLO BABYNURSE and hello L jack....glad to see you guys again....see I AM STILL HERE...

bye

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goog times, minnie moo, moo'vers, nab, pumba

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: