Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Location: Lousiana- 14 hours away from my happiest place on earth!!!

Did you put the Pull-Ups in the trunk? No!?! Did you?!? No!?! Eeek!

If you didn't follow along with my PTR, I will reintroduce the cast!

Left to right: My little 3 year old princess Alexa, my childhood crush Peter Pan.. although this one was not very um masculine... more to come later on that one.. and me, Ashley.. 23 year old mom and Licensed Massage Therapist. Tinkerbell and all things Disney lover! I've been to the World I think 26 times. (About 8 years ago a CM asked if it was our first visit, when she looked it up it said 27 times.. I know my mom and dad had been on about 2 trips without us and 2 trips that Joseph went on that I couldn't miss school for. So I'm guessing 25-27 times? We do Disney like some families go to the beach.)

Mom wonderful mom. (She hates taking pictures by the way.) Everyone thinks she's my sister, so I'll just let you guess how old she really is! Her favorite character is Dopey! She needed this trip. Well come to find out she has a new friend that we didn't find out about till almost the end of the trip!

My 18 year old Big Little Brother. He's a senior this year. He took the ASVAB last year and got a 86/90. Set a record for his school. This year with the new scoring he got in the 91/100 % or however the new scoring is. More on par with the ACT scoring. The shop score was a 43% tell you what his score would have been without that loveliness. He's the Executive Officer in ROTC. He has been contacted by every branch of the service for scholarships and to pay for his schooling to go be an orthopedic surgeon and be in special forces. He just has to decide where he is going.

and last and most importantly. The little Princess! Erm.. Warrior Princess?

This is my precocious 3 year old who thinks she is 13. She has the attitude already.. She is my world. She might not have gotten her at the opportune time, but she has been a blessing every day since she came into our lives! She loves all the princesses, Cluto (We all know him as Pluto!), and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger!

And my DF.
Who is a silent member of our trip, but sacrificed a lot to be able to let us go with my mom during one of my busiest work times of the year.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

First one here!!! Thanks to this stupid cold that won't let me sleep. I look forward to reading about your trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Ok, so someone beat me to first... but I am still here early enough that I didn't miss much!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Old 01-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #5
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I love the intros! I can't believe how many times you have been to WDW!!!!

I am very impressed by your brother. WOW! I wish my ds had more opportunity in his military career.

Alexa is so cute...warrior princess or regular.

Your mom.. I have to laugh at people thinking she is your sister. I DEFINITELY would think that...but also, I would guess she is my age. You see... my dd is about your age..and we get the whole "we must be sisters thing" all the time. And sadly, she is the one often mistaken for Zoe's mom. I think the two of you would hit it off since she is now married and thinking of having kids AND is in her early 20's. Funny how so many people are just getting married and having families at such an old age. I don't' think I would have the family I do have had it not been for me starting as young as I did.

I love the Christmas pic of the three of you! AND..Your hair!!! I did mention how cute it is. I need to get a hair cut.... thinking I need a cute do
Old 01-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #6
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

Subbing to come back today and read a little more... right now I'm fighting a Monkey to get ready for school...
Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Bookmarking! Will come back and read once Alex goes down for his first nap
Old 01-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Ok I lied, I went ahead and read. Alex is still eating breakfast (slowly ). Great intros! Can't wait to read the first post of the trip!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

WOW congrats to your brother! They are trying to take away the ROTC here in our school district (one of the very few on Long Island that still have it), but I believe that it brings great opportunity to kids! Your brother is proof!

Awww... Alexa the warrior princess I love it!

And your mom.... Hmm... your not that much younger than I am so I am going to guess that she's around 45-50 like my mom? But from what you can see of her she does look young!

I think that's the same Peter Pan that we saw (didn't get pictures or signature's), but K says "Oh look we're skipping the real dudes" I started to think of you and wonder if you were going to see the same one and I guess that you did--- at least they look similar!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! So how are we doing this? Slow and steady or fast? Does it matter?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #10
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
First one here!!! Thanks to this stupid cold that won't let me sleep. I look forward to reading about your trip!
Sorry to hear your sick!
Glad you posted since I hadn't seen you had started your TR yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Ok, so someone beat me to first... but I am still here early enough that I didn't miss much!!!
Lol Ann! And I posted on FB to y'all as soon as I posted it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Glad to have you along!

Quote:
I love the intros! I can't believe how many times you have been to WDW!!!!

I am very impressed by your brother. WOW! I wish my ds had more opportunity in his military career.

Alexa is so cute...warrior princess or regular.

Your mom.. I have to laugh at people thinking she is your sister. I DEFINITELY would think that...but also, I would guess she is my age. You see... my dd is about your age..and we get the whole "we must be sisters thing" all the time. And sadly, she is the one often mistaken for Zoe's mom. I think the two of you would hit it off since she is now married and thinking of having kids AND is in her early 20's. Funny how so many people are just getting married and having families at such an old age. I don't' think I would have the family I do have had it not been for me starting as young as I did.

I love the Christmas pic of the three of you! AND..Your hair!!! I did mention how cute it is. I need to get a hair cut.... thinking I need a cute do
I told you we had been a lot! (My PTR title lol.)

Yeah, we've pretty much known since he was little that he was going to be something with the military.

I've read her PTR's TR's. She and I probably would hit it off very well. And your right, y'all are probably close in age! Makes me feel kinda weird sometimes talking to you all since I'm the youngest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monknmom View Post
Subbing to come back today and read a little more... right now I'm fighting a Monkey to get ready for school...
Lol. Coming back to read after the kids are off to school or sleep seems to be the trend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Bookmarking! Will come back and read once Alex goes down for his first nap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Ok I lied, I went ahead and read. Alex is still eating breakfast (slowly ). Great intros! Can't wait to read the first post of the trip!
Lol! Just couldnt wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monknmom View Post
WOW congrats to your brother! They are trying to take away the ROTC here in our school district (one of the very few on Long Island that still have it), but I believe that it brings great opportunity to kids! Your brother is proof!

Awww... Alexa the warrior princess I love it!

And your mom.... Hmm... your not that much younger than I am so I am going to guess that she's around 45-50 like my mom? But from what you can see of her she does look young!

I think that's the same Peter Pan that we saw (didn't get pictures or signature's), but K says "Oh look we're skipping the real dudes" I started to think of you and wonder if you were going to see the same one and I guess that you did--- at least they look similar!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip! So how are we doing this? Slow and steady or fast? Does it matter?
Yeah he's excited and loves the ROTC program. Has been in it since Junior High.

And she's right in the middle there. She really really hates pictures... Y'all will get to see the procession of pictures that took place trying to get that one! lol

Yeah I told Joseph he looked and sounded just like the young guy out of Glee!

I'm doing mine as I can make myself update. Having everything already there and just putting it all back together is going to be easier for me that the PTR was. Waiting or thinking up things to post about and me apparently didn't get along as slow as my PTR moved! I know Ann has the goal to do a "day" a week. My photopass CD is on the way right now.. turned 120 pics into 206 lol!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #11
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Yeah, we've pretty much known since he was little that he was going to be something with the military. [/quote]

This is how my ds was too. It was strange since we are not a military family...but it suits him well. Sounds like it definitely does you brother too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
I've read her PTR's TR's. She and I probably would hit it off very well. And your right, y'all are probably close in age! Makes me feel kinda weird sometimes talking to you all since I'm the youngest!
You shouldn't feel odd. I think at some point, age stops really mattering. I mean...Kira is one of my favorite people to hang out with (now a few years ago ) And besides... you have a lot in common with all of us since you have a little girl and you love Disney
Old 01-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is how my ds was too. It was strange since we are not a military family...but it suits him well. Sounds like it definitely does you brother too!

You shouldn't feel odd. I think at some point, age stops really mattering. I mean...Kira is one of my favorite people to hang out with (now a few years ago ) And besides... you have a lot in common with all of us since you have a little girl and you love Disney
My dad's dad's dad (my great grandpa) died before my grandpa was even born. Was driving an ambulance in the war and had a shell dropped on it. So my grandpa has always been very military obsessed. Did any and all research he could find about his dad before and during the service. He has hundreds of books on everything military. My dad's only brother has been in the Airforce since he graduated high school. So my brother kind of grew up around all that, and really loves it. (He likes making the cadets cry when they don't know right from left in drill.) He actually told a freshman that had to run laps for the 3rd time when he turned the wrong way again. (come on right and left? I know some ppl have problems with it, but when this is half way through the school year already, and you've been doing these drills all that time.. You should have the R and L down. lol) Joseph told him laps again and the kid started crying. Joseph (who has played football for Central since 6 grade and they were out on the field) told him there was "no crying in ROTC and no crying on my football field".

I'm glad y'all don't think I'm out of place. Maybe not out of place, but maybe like 5th wheelish? Since I don't have all the experiences that come as someone goes through life. Yeah I'm a mom and I've been working since I was 12 years old, but I don't have the older kid experience yet (well besides from my own which weren't a very long time ago lol) or the school drama with kids, etc. Maybe that's what I was trying to convey? But yes... I fit right along with y'all in the obsessing about our happy place!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
Monknmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
Lol. Coming back to read after the kids are off to school or sleep seems to be the trend!
Yeah he's excited and loves the ROTC program. Has been in it since Junior High.

And she's right in the middle there. She really really hates pictures... Y'all will get to see the procession of pictures that took place trying to get that one! lol

Yeah I told Joseph he looked and sounded just like the young guy out of Glee!

I'm doing mine as I can make myself update. Having everything already there and just putting it all back together is going to be easier for me that the PTR was. Waiting or thinking up things to post about and me apparently didn't get along as slow as my PTR moved! I know Ann has the goal to do a "day" a week. My photopass CD is on the way right now.. turned 120 pics into 206 lol!
It's seems to take longer to get him on the bus when I want to come back and read- like today the bus never came so I had to drive him in!
From what I see the ROTC is really good for the men/boys that I have met from there or heard from their parents! It also brings them a lot of opportunities! I would have loved to be part of something like that-- but then again I may have not been able to meet K and have a monkey if I did!
In K's culture there is this thing about taking pictures and how it ages you.. if your mom doesn't like them and looks young maybe that holds some truth! Just kidding!
I'm waiting for my PP CD too since those will be most of the only pictures that I am going to have! I'll never repeat this to Kaung, but I should have listened to him
Old 01-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #14
swwake
RIP our sweet Magic (09/27/10)

I'm here, but getting up early to head to Breckenridge tomorrow morning, so I'll have to catch up later! Can't wait to hear the stories.

Visit my travel blog: Oh, the Places We'll Go!
December 2011 PTR September 2010 Trip Report Oasis of the Seas Cruise TR Las Vegas TR
1974, 1983, 1987, 1989 off property * 1988 DL * 1989 Premiere Cruise & Disney * 1997 ASMu * 1998 CBR * 2000 DL * 2008 BC * 2010 AKL CL * 2011 Poly CL * 2013 CBR
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #15
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Joining in from Louisiana - Hi "neighbor"!

Can't wait to hear about all the fun y'all had!

ETA: I just hopped over to your PTR & saw where you said your brother goes to Central High. My family & I used to live very close to Central.....we were in the Watson area. We just moved away from Watson to Lafayette this past June. I have an aunt & uncle who have lived in Central for as long as I can remember.

Last edited by amandaw; 01-06-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: