Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #136
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Very good points raised Mary and Margaret ... I did mention it to Tony and he said if we had to make a choice then he would prefer the WBTA to a week cruise out of Venice .... and the fact that all you wonderful people will be there too really makes it a no brainer. Hopefully we can do both, but if not the WBTA will win through. Plus ... how could we ever resist an action replay of the Painkiller Experience ... and this time not booking Palo dinner on Tortola night LOL.
I will never ever when cruise planning again, when on a WBTA or Eastern Caribbean cruise organise for my Palo night to be Tortola night

That was one day I'll never forget for good and bad reasons

To my table buddies 67/68/69, those Jimmy Choos that Stevie was to buy me for missing Palo that night appeared on christmas day

All I can say is thank goodness for Claire and Lee to the rescue so I wasn't dining alone or missing it completely

I need my coconut shrimp buddy Tony on the cruise with me

I was just having a look at the Villefranche dates for next year. DCL is really mixing it up. Last year was alternating 10 and 11 night med cruises from Barcelona to Valletta, Palermo, Naples, Civitavecchia, Ajaccio and Villefranche and then they changed in August to 7 night itineraries.

This really doesn't tie in with the dates posted on the port schedule, so it's definitely not going to be like last year. It looks like there may be shorter cruises and the big 12 day gaps may mean that they can go a bit farther afield???? Nip round to the eastern side of Italy instead of Civitavecchia and Naples ..... we can but live in hope.

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #137
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesbeth1012 View Post
The last stop in Villefranche is sept 2. I think the Magic go in drydock then for about 6 weeks and then go on the WBTA? And the drydock is in Venice told Lynne. So it may be possible to leave from Venice for the WBTA?
If Gibraltar is scheduled for 14th October, then we are all assuming that we will be sailing on Saturday 12th October from Barcelona as per the last 2 WBTAs.

I have never done eastern med sailing before, but it must be at least a few days sailing from Venice to Gibraltar DCL have done 15 day cruises before

Come on DCL, you monitor the Boards, put us out of our misery pretty please

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #138
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
I have never done eastern med sailing before, but it must be at least a few days sailing from Venice to Gibraltar DCL have done 15 day cruises before

Come on DCL, you monitor the Boards, put us out of our misery pretty please
That would be cool - maybe a 15 day or a little more for a WBTA? (but more $ of course....)

Part of me wants DCL to know how excited we are. The other part doesn't want them to realize we are at 10 pages on a "possible" cruise so that they don't raise prices before we even get notified!

Sigh....I'm obsessing...

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #139
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohluv2u View Post
It makes me happy you guys are excited to go again. What is a Disney bits box
karen, Norman says it's like a womans hope chest, but he uses it in anticipation of a disney cruise. Now I'm confused haven't a clue what he's talking about

margaret
Old 01-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #140
M M
Earning My Ears

Hi all, myself (Tim) and DW Kerrie currently have a 7 night cruise booked on the Fantasy in Oct 2013 but think we would probably change it to do another WBTA
Old 01-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #141
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

We are going to take over the Magic the rate this is going!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #142
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

[QUOTE=auntlynne;43607529]

I had a strange dining situation on a Dream Cruise and met Susan and DH Scott when I joined other DISers for dinner. And they are scheduled for the October 2012 Hawaii cruise.

QUOTE]

Hi Lynne..

we did the PC repo with lots of DISers too..so this will feel right at home..

only, I should be focused on the MR cruise on the Wonder in 10 days, or the Hawaii cruise is october 2012..but here I am...

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #143
SonjaLeigh
HavingFun1DayAttaTime

wbta include me again :)

count me in! 3 total just like b4. but i am better at fb then db so i will again need help. thanks!!! ebta too please
Old 01-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #144
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Only on the DIS would you find a nine page + thread for a "possible" cruise!!!

That being said, count me in!!

I have a dummy cruised sitting out there for NOV12 and planned on moving it to 2013, all the while hoping for another WBTA. I did not do the WBTA in 2011 but was part of a wonderful group (many which also did the 2011) in 2010!!

forgot to add - for roll call purposes: MagicMe (aka Melodie) and flying solo so far.
Welcome Melodie, I will add you to the roll call on page 1.

Quote:
It makes me happy you guys are excited to go again. What is a Disney bits box

I just keep a box in the spare bedroom and as I collect things I need for the cruise (eg: toiletries, fish extender gifts etc) I pop them in there until it's time to pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
I will never ever when cruise planning again, when on a WBTA or Eastern Caribbean cruise organise for my Palo night to be Tortola night

All I can say is thank goodness for Claire and Lee to the rescue so I wasn't dining alone or missing it completely

I need my coconut shrimp buddy Tony on the cruise with me

I tried and failed miserably to recreate the coconut shrimp with sweet chilli sauce at home the other night......we need to get them again & that fab curry!

We will definitely be doing JVD this time!!!

I still can't forget all that bloody food Lee ordered in Palo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Sigh....I'm obsessing...

You are going to fit in really well with us Holly........we are all obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M M View Post
Hi all, myself (Tim) and DW Kerrie currently have a 7 night cruise booked on the Fantasy in Oct 2013 but think we would probably change it to do another WBTA
Welcome, I will add you to the roll call.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #145
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonjaLeigh View Post
count me in! 3 total just like b4. but i am better at fb then db so i will again need help. thanks!!! ebta too please
I've added you.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #146
DisneyDee27
Disney fanatic since '75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
So who is just as excited as I am about the possibility of a West Bound Trans Atlantic Cruise in October 2013???

I know plenty of my cruise friends from September 2011's WBTA are desperately hoping the rumours are true and I am hoping we get to sail together again and of course making many new friends along the way.....

Let's start a roll call here right now!!!! (Just because we need somewhere to get excited about this possible cruise ) I will then we add things to the thread as and when DCL make any formal announcements!

Please state the names of everyone in your party below so I can keep a list of who's joining us.....hopefully.

Let's go!!!!

Roll Call so far:

Pinky166 - Claire & Lee (DH)
Tod&Copper - Mary & Stevie (DH, StephenKay)
Hazelandannie - Hazel & Anne-Marie (DP, JustAnnienotHazel)
Susie2 -
Binkytell - Sarah, Brian (DH), Beth & Ellie (DD's)
Babydiver - Richard & Sue (DW)
Florida Sun - Sue & Vicki (DD, 23)
Geffric -
ThePhantomsGirl - Holly
PFlamingo - Pat & Dennis (DH)
Liesbeth1012 - Liesbeth & Paul (DS, Paul312)
Squitty - Michelle & Neil (DH)
Fly4free2 - Evelyn
Birkner - Noel & John (DH)
Seraphine - Dawn, Steve (DH), Calum (DS), Eilidh (DD)
Bound2Travel - Kristi
JessicasMom - Pat & Larry (DH)
Poohluv2u - Karen & Ed (DH)
Magic123 - Margaret & Norman (DH, Grumpy1234)
Lovingthemouse - Caroline
HeatherLOVESmickey - Heather & Erik (DH)
Paragd911 - Mark
Disneyfan_SD - Crystal & Trent (DH)
RubyBlue - Karen & Stan (DH)
Christeena - Christeena & Jennifer (DFriend)
Lindababe - Linda & Bruce (DH)
CruisingSwedes - Jenny & Babes
TotallyAngellic - Sarah & Tony (DH)
MandyGirl - Mandy, Curt (DH), 2 x DD's
Davidls - David & Donna (DW)
Sarotogagirl - Jules & Ian (DH)
Melonz - Mel, Paris (DD), Chanelle (DD), Ethan (DS)
I'm interested in the WBTA. I'm disneydee27 and DW Christy.

Dee

DL 1975, WDW 1998, Tokyo DL/DS 2006, 2007 & 2013, Paris DL 2009, DCL Dream B2B 2011, 2013 & 2014, DCL Fantasy 2012 & 2014, HKDL 2013, DCL Magic 2014
DisneyDee27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #147
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Tim and Kerrie aswell ...... it keeps getting better all the time : )
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #148
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
So who is just as excited as I am about the possibility of a West Bound Trans Atlantic Cruise in October 2013???

I know plenty of my cruise friends from September 2011's WBTA are desperately hoping the rumours are true and I am hoping we get to sail together again and of course making many new friends along the way.....

Let's start a roll call here right now!!!! (Just because we need somewhere to get excited about this possible cruise ) I will then we add things to the thread as and when DCL make any formal announcements!

Please state the names of everyone in your party below so I can keep a list of who's joining us.....hopefully.

Let's go!!!!
Wow!!! Wow!!! WOW!!!!!!!!

With so many wonderful people onboard, how could a DCL-addict resist????? AND would LOVE to do another WBTA so, Claire sweetie, could you please add Richard and I to the Roll Call???

Looking forward to meeting friends - old & new...
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogagirl View Post
I am so hoping that we will be there, its myself and DH Ian
Oh. My. Bring it on!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida sun View Post
WOO HOO, Im not going without you!!!!
Missus Wobbley!!!! How fab'lous...

Quote:
Hello Tim! Sadly Richard & I won't be on the Fantasy Inaugural BUT I shall look forward to seeing you both on this VERY exciting cruise!!!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #149
Autumn Fairy
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Let's go!!!!

Roll Call so far:

Pinky166 - Claire & Lee (DH)
Tod&Copper - Mary & Stevie (DH, StephenKay)
Hazelandannie - Hazel & Anne-Marie (DP, JustAnnienotHazel)
Susie2 -
Binkytell - Sarah, Brian (DH), Beth & Ellie (DD's)
Babydiver - Richard & Sue (DW)
Florida Sun - Sue & Vicki (DD, 23)
Geffric -
ThePhantomsGirl - Holly
PFlamingo - Pat & Dennis (DH)
Liesbeth1012 - Liesbeth & Paul (DS, Paul312)
Squitty - Michelle & Neil (DH)
Fly4free2 - Evelyn
Birkner - Noel & John (DH)
Seraphine - Dawn, Steve (DH), Calum (DS), Eilidh (DD)
Bound2Travel - Kristi
JessicasMom - Pat & Larry (DH)
Poohluv2u - Karen & Ed (DH)
Magic123 - Margaret & Norman (DH, Grumpy1234)
Lovingthemouse - Caroline
HeatherLOVESmickey - Heather & Erik (DH)
Paragd911 - Mark
Disneyfan_SD - Crystal & Trent (DH)
RubyBlue - Karen & Stan (DH)
Christeena - Christeena & Jennifer (DFriend)
Lindababe - Linda & Bruce (DH)
CruisingSwedes - Jenny & Babes
TotallyAngellic - Sarah & Tony (DH)
MandyGirl - Mandy, Curt (DH), 2 x DD's
Davidls - David & Donna (DW)
Sarotogagirl - Jules & Ian (DH)
Melonz - Mel, Paris (DD), Chanelle (DD), Ethan (DS)
M M - Tim & Kerrie (DW)
MagicMe - Melodie
SonjaLeigh - x3
Sign us up!

Liz, Bobby (DH), and Autumn (age 6 now, but will turn 8 during the 2013 WBTA cruise)
Autumn Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #150
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesbeth1012 View Post
The last stop in Villefranche is sept 2. I think the Magic go in drydock then for about 6 weeks and then go on the WBTA? And the drydock is in Venice told Lynne. So it may be possible to leave from Venice for the WBTA?
That would kill two birds with one stone ... Venice and WBTA in one wonderful cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Only on the DIS would you find a nine page + thread for a "possible" cruise!!!

That being said, count me in!!

I have a dummy cruised sitting out there for NOV12 and planned on moving it to 2013, all the while hoping for another WBTA. I did not do the WBTA in 2011 but was part of a wonderful group (many which also did the 2011) in 2010!!

forgot to add - for roll call purposes: MagicMe (aka Melodie) and flying solo so far.
Hi Melodie .... great to see you on board so to speak .... what about Dave and Amy? I think Kimberly is interested too

Quote:

I'm with Mary, besides you just went to Venice
That is true .... plus we can go there for a short break any time ... the flights are often cheaper than a train to London. But the thought of leaving or approaching Venice on the Disney Magic ... well that would be epic and sublime rolled into one.
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: