Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #121
melonz
Mouseketeer
 
melonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 229

Soooo exciting

Add us please Claire.

Melanie (me) and dd Paris, dd Chanelle and ds Ethan
melonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #122
RubyBlue
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." ~Walt Disney
I just about jumped outta my Mickey Mouse PJ's
 
RubyBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 127

Excuse me if this has already been answered, but how do we know that Disney might be doing this in Oct of '13? Have we any kind of semi-confirmation?
__________________
Karen and Stan
RubyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #123
hazelandannie
Magic here we come
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 294

At my count that's about 67 spaces filled so far... Yikes
hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #124
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!
 
Pinky166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Herts, England
Posts: 13,924

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonz View Post
Soooo exciting

Add us please Claire.

Melanie (me) and dd Paris, dd Chanelle and ds Ethan
Added.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyBlue View Post
Excuse me if this has already been answered, but how do we know that Disney might be doing this in Oct of '13? Have we any kind of semi-confirmation?
Hi Karen,

The Magic is scheduled to be in Madeira, Gibraltar & St Maarten in May & October 2013, the dates tie in with an EBTA and a WBTA. Also one of the Ports used in for the Med cruises (Villefranche) shows the Magic scheduled in Port every 4-5 days.

These have appeared over the last few days as the Port Authorities are updating their websites with the 2013 schedules, these are all independent websites so for them all to be wrong would be highly unlikely, all we need know is DCL to make the official announcement.
__________________
Claire









Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - EBTA, Sept 2014 - WBTA

Last edited by Pinky166; 01-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #125
magic123
Mouseketeer
 
magic123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Added.




Hi Karen,

The Magic is scheduled to be in Madeira, Gibraltar & St Maarten in May & October 2013, the dates tie in with an EBTA and a WBTA. Also one of the Ports used in for the Med cruises (Villefranche) shows the Magic scheduled in Port every 4-5 days.

These have appeared over the last few days as the Port Authorities are updating their websites with the 2013 schedules, these are all independent websites so for them all to be wrong would be highly unlikely, all we need know is DCL to make the official announcement.

Yes Claire I totally agree, it's not polite to keep us all waiting.DISNEY PLEASE MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT and we will on all be on

margaret
__________________
magic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #126
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran
 
Tod&Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Inverness, Scotland
Posts: 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Wooooo Hooooo .... I turn my back on the internet for an evening and what happens ... Claire sets up a DIS cruise thread That will teach me to go AWOL

I suppose we are possibles for this cruise, but our big dream is to do a Med cruise out of Venice ... at the moment I am thinking "DO BOTH!!" Really, though .. with so many wonderful people on board how will I be able to resist this one

So you can add us to the roll call Ms Pinky
Sarah you've got to do this with us!!!!! Wouldn't be the same without you two

We've got a long time to start saving and planning for 2 cruises next year
__________________
Mary x x
DH DW DD Tod Copper

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

13 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #127
magic123
Mouseketeer
 
magic123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Wooooo Hooooo .... I turn my back on the internet for an evening and what happens ... Claire sets up a DIS cruise thread That will teach me to go AWOL

I suppose we are possibles for this cruise, but our big dream is to do a Med cruise out of Venice ... at the moment I am thinking "DO BOTH!!" Really, though .. with so many wonderful people on board how will I be able to resist this one

So you can add us to the roll call Ms Pinky
OH Sarah how can even think about not coming, lol Claire needs you to keep keep her on the straight and narrow resistence is futile. Afterall what's Venice got that you can't find on deck 10 of the magic having a drink with friends and then you can dish all the info to us on Venice !!!

margaret
__________________
magic123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #128
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict
 
TotallyAngelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 6,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
, all we need know is DCL to make the official announcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
Yes Claire I totally agree, it's not polite to keep us all waiting.DISNEY PLEASE MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT and we will on all be on

margaret
That is exactly what we need .... an official announcement and then we could all get booked and the planning could commence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Sarah you've got to do this with us!!!!! Wouldn't be the same without you two

We've got a long time to start saving and planning for 2 cruises next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
OH Sarah how can even think about not coming, lol Claire needs you to keep keep her on the straight and narrow resistence is futile. Afterall what's Venice got that you can't find on deck 10 of the magic having a drink with friends and then you can dish all the info to us on Venice !!!

margaret
Very good points raised Mary and Margaret ... I did mention it to Tony and he said if we had to make a choice then he would prefer the WBTA to a week cruise out of Venice .... and the fact that all you wonderful people will be there too really makes it a no brainer. Hopefully we can do both, but if not the WBTA will win through. Plus ... how could we ever resist an action replay of the Painkiller Experience ... and this time not booking Palo dinner on Tortola night LOL.
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #129
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!
 
ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In between cruises....
Posts: 2,551

So.....are we thinking the WBTA will likely start from Barcelona? Any ideas of what the cruise before it will be? Any ideas why the Villefranche port shows the Magic being there every 4 to 5 days? Shorter cruises? Or just a stop with the Magic going different ways from there?

DCL can't keep secrets these days with the super sleuths, right?
__________________


1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #130
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict
 
TotallyAngelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 6,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
So.....are we thinking the WBTA will likely start from Barcelona? Any ideas of what the cruise before it will be? Any ideas why the Villefranche port shows the Magic being there every 4 to 5 days? Shorter cruises? Or just a stop with the Magic going different ways from there?

DCL can't keep secrets these days with the super sleuths, right?
I am really just assuming Barcelona because of previous WBTA cruises but of course it might not be. Why don't they just put us out of our misery!
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #131
liesbeth1012
Mouseketeer
 
liesbeth1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arnhem, The Netherlands
Posts: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
So.....are we thinking the WBTA will likely start from Barcelona? Any ideas of what the cruise before it will be? Any ideas why the Villefranche port shows the Magic being there every 4 to 5 days? Shorter cruises? Or just a stop with the Magic going different ways from there?

DCL can't keep secrets these days with the super sleuths, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
I am really just assuming Barcelona because of previous WBTA cruises but of course it might not be. Why don't they just put us out of our misery!
The last stop in Villefranche is sept 2. I think the Magic go in drydock then for about 6 weeks and then go on the WBTA? And the drydock is in Venice told Lynne. So it may be possible to leave from Venice for the WBTA?
__________________

Coming
WBTA 2014 Disney Magic 9/6-9/20 2014
Last
Disney Cruise Bahamas 9/22-9/26 2013 Disney Dream+Walt Disney World 9/26-10/9 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland Paris 12/30 2012 - 01/02/2013 Hotel New York
Hawaicruise 14-28 oct 2012 Disney Wonder+Los Angeles 10/6-10/9 2012+Disneyland10/9-10/14 2012
Disney Cruise Transatlantic Barcelona-Port Canaveral 10/9-24/9 2011 Disney Magic+Walt Disney World 24/9-2/10 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort
Disneyland Paris more than 10 times from 1994
liesbeth1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #132
MagicMe
DIS Veteran
 
MagicMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside Philly, PA
Posts: 4,151

Only on the DIS would you find a nine page + thread for a "possible" cruise!!!

That being said, count me in!!

I have a dummy cruised sitting out there for NOV12 and planned on moving it to 2013, all the while hoping for another WBTA. I did not do the WBTA in 2011 but was part of a wonderful group (many which also did the 2011) in 2010!!

forgot to add - for roll call purposes: MagicMe (aka Melodie) and flying solo so far.
__________________
Melodie
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...


MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #133
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!
 
ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In between cruises....
Posts: 2,551

Hmmmm, if it does drydock just before the WBTA, then there won't be an opportunity for a B2B, unless they put one cruise in there first. (just talking aloud here....)
__________________


1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #134
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!
 
ThePhantomsGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In between cruises....
Posts: 2,551

And of course I am over thinking this! Hurry up DCL and let us know what is going on....
__________________


1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #135
poohluv2u
DIS Veteran
 
poohluv2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Beautiful Pacific NW
Posts: 2,020

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
Hi everyone it's so great to see all the old names and faces, the internet can certainly be a wonderful thing at times.... lol a dis thread and a facebook page in less time than it takes to get a bus into town !!!! DH made me laugh by telling me he's going to get his disney bits box organised, and we even discussed fish extenders actually he may be just as excited as me !!

margaret
It makes me happy you guys are excited to go again. What is a Disney bits box

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
..... So much is up in the air! But luckily October should not be a big month people go after in Round One for bidding - not like March, April, Summer, Thanksgiving or Christmas. (Ummm, yes.... we'd be bidding WBTA vacation over Christmas!)
Go for it ... going on a TA cruise is like Christmas X14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Sarah you've got to do this with us!!!!! Wouldn't be the same without you two

We've got a long time to start saving and planning for 2 cruises next year
I'm with Mary, besides you just went to Venice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
I am really just assuming Barcelona because of previous WBTA cruises but of course it might not be. Why don't they just put us out of our misery!
We loved Barcelona and would willingly go there again, but we're open to where ever Disney wants to start from
__________________
......Karen & Ed ......

}»<((((º>`·..·`·..·`·... If I am not upon the sea ... then planning a cruise on the DISboards, I'll be ...·`·..·`·...·`<º))))>«{

poohluv2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.