Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Elgin, IL
Photo Contest rules, voting links, and upcoming contests - 2012
Currently Active Contests
Accepting entries: Christmas at the Resorts here
Final Voting for New in 2012 here
Disboards Weekly Walt Disney World Photo Contest Rules and Topics 2012
Contest will run weekly to 10pm Sunday Central Time time. Submit your entries before that time to ensure they are included.
A new thread will be made for each contest. Post your entry as a reply to that thread. Refer back to this post for links to the contests, and voting threads.
To post your photo, first upload it to a photo hosting site (see tips below for ideas), click on the
button and enter the URL of the image (it should end in jpg, gif, png, etc).
- Photos must be your work. Please no PhotoPass photos (or photos of PhotoPass monitors).
- 1 submission per member, per contest.
- Once you post your picture, please do not replace it.
- Winning photos (top 3) may not be submitted to future contests.
- Photos should be no larger than 1024x768
- Unless otherwise specified in the contest, photos may be taken at any Disney park, resort, ship, store or other Disney related location worldwide, at any time. Photos taken on an Adventures By Disney trip may also be entered.
- Voting will start generally within 12-18 hours after the contest ends. If there are less than 12 entries, 1 poll will be posted, and will be open for 7 days If more than 12 there will be more polls with a final poll consisting of the leaders from the previous polls. To ensure that there is no more than 2 rounds of voting for any one contest, only the first 144 entries will be eligible for voting.
- No breaking park rules in taking of photos. (no flash on dark rides, no unauthorized backstage shots, no venturing off the paths, etc.)
Minor enhancement of photos is permitted (see below), but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
Modifications Not Permitted:
- No borders or frames may be added to images.
- Adding or replacing elements in an image is not permitted.
- Artistic filters are not permitted (with the exception of conversion to B&W)
- Images may be cropped, resized and rotated as necessary.
- Red-eye removal
- One-step enhancement (such as "AutoFix", "QuickFix", "Auto Levels", etc.)
- Minor use of filters to sharpen, soften, blur, despeckle, or remove noise.
- Minor use of corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as white balance, levels, contrast, brightness, curves, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, lightness, value, color balance, desaturation and tint. If it can be done in a step or two its okay, if it takes you 20 minutes to edit the photo, its no longer "minor".
- You can check the size of an image in Internet Explorer by right clicking on the image and selecting Properties, the size will be shown in the box that popsup. Firefox users can right click on the image and select view image, the size will be displayed in the title bar.
- Some ideas for photo hosting sites are available here.
- New in 2012 (Dec 3 9)
Final Voting: here
- Christmas at the Resorts (Dec 10 16)
- Christmas at the Parks (Dec 17 23)
- Post Card Photos (Dec 24 Dec 30)
You would think the 60+ minutes I put into running the weekly photo contests would allow me to put a link in my signature letting people know about the Disney related iPhone projects I work on. You would be wrong.
Last edited by ChiSoxKeith; 12-10-2012 at 09:11 AM.