Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #16
missusa82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy162 View Post
We'll be on the Dream in January with my 7 and 9 y/o dds so I'm excited to read your report! Your pics are great and I can't wait to see more!! How did your 9 y/o like the clubs? Did your kids participate in any of the scheduled club activities (pj party, making flubber, etc?) Did they meet any characters in the clubs or just in the meet and greets? I am getting so excited for January! Thanks for any info you can give!!!

All of my kids liked the club except during peak hours. Too many kids for them to feel comfortable. So they stayed with us for the most part. We did ask them if they wanted to try again and they did. This time I we took them around 8pm when second dinner seating and show were taking place on our 3rd night. We had a ressie to Palo that night at 8pm. They did better then. My kids are rather attached to mom and dad so I didn't force it. I know they did get to see Jack Sparrow one night and they all 3 participated in the cookie making activity, which they loved!
Past DCL: Dream 10/2011, DCL: Fantasy03/2013
Future DCL: Fantasy 10/2014
Seaworld Passholder: 2011, 2012 & 2013
Cruise Dream Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2829162

missusa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:43 AM   #17
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Great trip report! You have an awesome camera! Your children are so beautiful. I'm enjoying your report!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #18
missusa82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Great trip report! You have an awesome camera! Your children are so beautiful. I'm enjoying your report!
Thanks!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #19
missusa82
Mouseketeer

The rest of our Dream cruise!

Nov. 02, 2011

Day at Sea-

Pool: We woke up fairly late that morning compared to the last few mornings. We dressed everyone in their bathing suits and cover-ups. Since we were in the aft of the boat we had easy access to the aft elevators that lead us right into Cabanas. We had our usual breakfast favorites. After breakfast we headed straight for the pool deck. By then it was close to noon, and the pool deck was roaring with people. The pools were fairly full but there was still room for my 3. They quickly jumped into the pool while I sat pool side and watched them play. Jose and Alyzea decided to right the Aquaduck one last time. It was cool that day so I decided to join the kiddies into the fairly warm water. Jose and Alyzea joined us and we moved to the family pool. The big screen TV was one and as I watch my hubby and children become complete fixed to the screen I looked around and saw that everyone else was glue to the screen as well! All the little ones were holding on the sides while the dads, in the middle, watch the cartoon skit that was being played. We played awhile longer in the pool and decided to head back to the room to get our fish extender gifts to deliver. We also started to pack up so we could leave our luggage outside our stateroom before 10:30pm. Since our room was clean I wanted to snap some photos!

Fish Extenders: As I researched the internet about the Dream and what it all has to offer, I found an online forum called DISBoards. To make a long story short, we found fellow sailors to do a gift exchange with. I made each adult in our group bookmarks and each child got a bag of candy with a pumpkin photo frame magnet. We had over 50 rooms to deliver to so we dropped the kids of in the kids club for awhile while we delivered. We also wanted to rebook on board so we made our way to the booking desk on deck 4. We rebooked a dummie date on the Dream that has now become a set date 7 day cruise on the Fantasy. EXCITED AND CAN’T WAIT!!!

Kids Club/Lunch: We made our way back to the oceaneers lab where the kids were about to make cookies. They refused to leave so we said we would be back in 45min. We headed up to the pool deck to grab a quick bite to eat. I ate ½ sandwich and a slice of pizza (wasn’t too impressed) and hubby at 2 slices of pizza and some fries. After we were done we went back down to deck 5 to get the kids. They had finished making and eating their cookies. It was almost time for dinner so we went back to the room to get ready. Before dinner we went to our regular before dinner photo op in the Atrium.

Dinner: Tonight we were eating at Animators Palate again. This time it was the regular menu and it was the last night we were going to enjoy our servers. The kids really enjoyed the sea animals making their rounds from screen to screen. Crush came and talk to 2 people in our sections. We weren’t one of them but that was ok. It was a great meal as all the other dinners we had while on the dream. Bittersweet that this was the last time we would see Constantine and Amania again. They kind of became part of our family. We snapped a few photos of us with our servers said some inform goodbyes and head to the last show of the voyage, Believe.

Show/Bed time: We knew if we wanted to get a great seat we had to be there early. Jose had his eye on one of 2 balconies on the 2nd level so we arrived to the theater 1/2hour early to get good seats. To our luck we got one of the balconies Jose oh so longed for! To my surprise, the balcony we had sat in was to start the show! The spot light was on us as we all cheered for the show to begin and everyone else followed. The show was great. We had a great view. Layla and Jayson had had a long day so Jayson fell asleep on my chest. Layla was way ready for bed so we went back to our room to finish packing and get the kids to bed. There was a sense of sadness that night knowing we were going to wake up in Port Canaveral. The kids whined about how they didn’t want to leave. I didn’t want to leave either. We packed up our things and put our 2 suitcases outside our door. I got my gratuities ready for delivery tomorrow morning and filled out a survey about our experience on the Dream. 5 star service and a trip I’ll never forget! We all slept well that night despite the sadness that we knew we would all feel as we left this beautiful ship behind!

Nov. 3rd, 2011

Disembarkment Day

We were invited to have breakfast that morning in Animators Palate at 6:45am but we opted out since we are not morning people. We got up around 8am got dressed and left our stateroom to deliver our gratuities to the crew members that hold a small piece of our hearts. We first saw our stateroom lady, Cecilia, gave her hugs and thanked her for all she did to keep our stateroom looking beautiful. We then made our way to Animators Palate to say our last goodbyes to Constantine and Amania. Our hugs we welcomed and Constantine gave us his name and email address to keep in touch. Since then I’ve added him to my Facebook. We then went up to Cabanas for our final breakfast. It was calm and more quiet than usual as everyone realized it was the end. We finished up and headed to the pool deck to take a few photos of what was a bustling deck to a now empty ghost town. We were ready to say our goodbyes to the Dream as we walked off the gangway into the port terminal. We followed the line of people to the customs desk as we cleared to enter the US. We made our way down an escalator to find our bags neatly place together. We found our car in the parking terminal and loaded up the car kids and all. I was sad, sad to leave such a great ship. A 45 minute drive home and it was back to the real world.

A few days after: I don’t know what it was but I think I had a delayed motion sickness. I felt dizzy and almost like that had a hangover. I had to take Dramamine for a few days until it wore off, which it did. All the photos we loaded into the computer, the video we recorded has been watch twice so far, and I’ve started on our Cruise scrapbook. I’m still reading the boards often and looking at excursions of our next cruise in March 2013 on the Fantasy. We still talk about our trip and can’t wait to do it again. We’ve even decided to get WDW passes for the year. For a first cruise, it was a great one!

Last edited by missusa82; 11-22-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: add photos
Old 11-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #20
Laundress
Mouseketeer

Loved your trip report. Thank you for taking the time to put it together. Great photos.

Laundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 AM   #21
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Great trip report - made me really look forward to our upcoming cruise. We will be driving to the Port as well and I wondered if you parked and just brought your luggage with you or did your DH drop the luggage and you guys off with the porters. Not sure what the process is since this is our first cruise.

Thanks!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
TyRy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #22
missusa82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Great trip report - made me really look forward to our upcoming cruise. We will be driving to the Port as well and I wondered if you parked and just brought your luggage with you or did your DH drop the luggage and you guys off with the porters. Not sure what the process is since this is our first cruise.

Thanks!
We dropped our luggage off at with the Porter first. I didn't want to be left behind with 3 very excited kids so we all went together to park the car in the parking deck that was right across the street. We parked on deck 3 where there is a bridge connecting to parking deck to terminal together. I don't think many people knew about this because we walked right in, no line at all. Took us 5 minutes from the car, to the security check point, to the terminal. Hope you have a great time!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #23
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Thank you for sharing!
Beautiful pictures!!! Beautiful family!!!
We're going on the Dream Feb 19 2012...We're so looking forward to this cruise.

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 07:18 PM   #24
princessME!
Earning My Ears

Great Report! Your kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

princessME! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #25
Bytor01
Mouseketeer

Great trip report. The kids looked adorable all dressed up for Halloween. We're they able to get any trick or treating done while on board?

We sail on jan. 15th and can't wait. We have been on he Wonder and Magic before ( this will be our 5th cruise) but this will be our first on the Dream.

You said you ate in Animator's twice. Did they have the show (video screens going with Crush et al talking to everyone) both nights?

Tim
Bytor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #26
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Great TR! I loved it
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #27
missusa82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor01 View Post
Great trip report. The kids looked adorable all dressed up for Halloween. We're they able to get any trick or treating done while on board?

We sail on jan. 15th and can't wait. We have been on he Wonder and Magic before ( this will be our 5th cruise) but this will be our first on the Dream.

You said you ate in Animator's twice. Did they have the show (video screens going with Crush et al talking to everyone) both nights?

Tim
No the kids didn't get to trick or treat on this cruise b/c of bad weather. But DCL did have tables outside of each dining room filled with candy and they also delivered several small bags full of candy to each stateroom.

Yes one a 4 day you eat the same resturant 2x. Once for pirate night and for a regular dining night. Pirate Night is themed so we didn't see crush that night but we did see him on our last night!

Old 11-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #28
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I just read your first post. I have to ask...the goofy picture ...taken in the Atrium, Do they add Goofy into the picture or was he there? I asked for some magic shots (I actually asked for Captain Hook) and they gave my little one Tink, which was fine, but I wanted a few different ones ,as we bought the CD as well.

Edit....I see my question was answered once I read further. What an awesome treat.

Last edited by jenseib; 11-27-2011 at 01:02 PM.
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #29
missusa82
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I just read your first post. I have to ask...the goofy picture ...taken in the Atrium, Do they add Goofy into the picture or was he there? I asked for some magic shots (I actually asked for Captain Hook) and they gave my little one Tink, which was fine, but I wanted a few different ones ,as we bought the CD as well.

Edit....I see my question was answered once I read further. What an awesome treat.
The CD was the best investment I think we made on the whole trip!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #30
disneyluvrtink
Mouseketeer

Hey! I enjoyed reading your trip report! I love your family portraits! How do you go about scheduling those. I am going in May and would love to have some family portraits done. Also, how do the family portraits and the character and port pictures work, is it the same as in the parks where they give you a photopass card and the photographer scans it each time? This is my first Disney cruise and I was just curious. Thank you so much!

Emmy
disneyluvrtink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: