Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Signing in for 2012.

We did really well last year but there are still some areas to work on. I can only push DH so far to get rid of stuff but he's at least agreeable to boxing stuff up and then taking a look at it later on in the year to see how he feels. I did that previously and pulled out 3 of his boxes for him to look through and he managed to condense his stuff down to 1 box. So good progress for him IMO.

My major areas to tackle this year are:

filing and all papers

books - we don't get rid of books but there has to be something better than piled up on the floor!

the kids toys - I want to get smaller bins so they aren't pulling out a large bin and dumping it to find the stuff they want.

the closets - I keep a lot of stuff in closets and did well with downsizing at the end of the year. I need to keep that momentum going.

That's about it. We have really pared down our possessions and got rid of stuff that wasn't making us happy. There is little to no storage here in the house so making the most of the available space with the things that we want around us is really important. Having clear and open space really makes the difference for me on whether I'm motivated and upbeat or lazy and unhappy.

As for today...I cleaned up DH's side of the bed, organizing the coloring bookcase, finished all the dishes, cleaned up the front room, went through all the bedrooms....and still can't find DS's DS!! ARGH!!! DH said he didn't have it in his car but wasn't going to look and now he's at work. I'm going be relieved yet mad if it's in his car!

And I still cannot find the goodwill list that I've misplaced. Sigh....maybe it's run off with the DS?

oh yeah, I also destashed the dish cabinet. We have lots of kiddie dishes that need to go. I just kept the ones we use on a regular basis. Now the dishwasher can be emptied without DD giving me grief about things not fitting.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: