Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
zajome
Earning My Ears

To Excursion or Not To Exursion -- Disney Dream Bahamian Cruise

We are going on our first cruise in March. We are going on a 4 day Disney Dream Bahamian cruise. We are so excited. It will be my husband, myself and our 3 children, ages 12, 11, and 8.

Right now our big cruise question is . . . should we register for excursions while at the Bahama's and Castaway Cay, or should we just wing it, hang out at the beach and see where the days take us.

We have looked into the Blue Lagoon in the Bahamas and snorkeling in Castaway Cay.

Seems like a lot of extra $$$ added onto our cruise.

Would love to not have to spend too much money beyond the cost of the cruise itself, so, if we could be easily entertained without the excursions we would be happy, but don't want to miss out ether.

Very conflicted!

Thanks for you advice for this matter.
zajome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
Sarabi's Cubs
DIS Veteran

I would say that if there's something you absolutely want to do, prebook it so you aren't disappointed. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

Laurie

Contemporary 1972, Fort Wilderness 7/79, WDW offsite 6/84, WDW offsite 12/89, GF 9/96, BC 11/03, Disneyland offsite 6/05, BC 4/08, YC 1/2010, POR 12/2010, Disney Magic New Year's Cruise 12/2010, DIS Exclusive Knights & Lights ABD 9/11, Easter Dream cruise 4/2012, BWV 10/2012, Kidani 4/2013, DIS Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale ABD 9/13, Kidani 12/13, DIS Exclusive Viva Italia ABD 9/14
Sarabi's Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
nancynymomof3
Mouseketeer

We are going on a 5 day cruise in March and for 14 months...

I have been saying, "No excursions." But, the other day, my husband talked me into booking the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter on our day in Nassau. I saved for 14 months to pay for this cruise and I have money stashed away for that excursion. The look on my kid's faces when they read about it, was priceless. I am reading reviews and people are saying how great it is. So, I figure, I can't go wrong, lol. I probably won't cruise again for awhile and my kids are only young once, so I'm all for it now.
nancynymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bahamas, castaway cay, dream

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: