Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #61
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

Your save the dates are wonderful!

I can't wait to read more. All your plans sound just fantastic. Would you like to help plan my wedding?
Old 12-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #62
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quick Save-the-Date picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
I love your save the dates! Your theme is awesome.
Thank you! I am so pleased that everything is going as planned so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I am OBSESSED with your Save the Dates!! They are so fun and unique! You both did a great job!
Can't wait to see your bridesmaid presents! So glad you updated!!
Thank you so much! I absolutely adore them and I get so happy whenever I see them. I'm still working on giving out one of my bridesmaid presents, so as soon as she gets it I'm going to post them. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I'm sooo happy to see that you updated your PJ, because I love your theme and you have some great, creative ideas! Your save the dates (I can never use the abbreviation either!) are so much fun. They fit your style perfectly and they came out so wonderfully.
Thank you very much! We're really proud of them. I've been dying to update my PJ these past couple months, but every time I've gone to do it I've only had a few moments, not nearly enough to make a post. It's probably going to happen again as soon as I get back to school, but I'm hoping to get at least a few posts in before things get too hectic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Your save the dates are wonderful!

I can't wait to read more. All your plans sound just fantastic. Would you like to help plan my wedding?
Thank you! Haha, I'd love help plan anyone's wedding. I spend so much time looking at ideas online and I think I won't get to use even half of the ones I fall in love with.

- - - - - - - - -

Here's just a quick picture my DF suggested I add of one of our actual Save the Dates.

This is technically a photo of two Save the Dates, but you get the idea.

Tomorrow I'm going to giving my last bridesmaid present to my friend, so I've got a whole bunch of pictures of that to post as soon as I've given it to her. But in other news, the bridesmaid present I gave to cousin went over really well, and she accepted! I'm super happy! But more on that in the next post!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #63
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Just caught up on everything. Your ring is gorgeous, and I LOVE your ideas. While I still haven't seen Casablanca, I do appreciate it's timelessness and just overall...class. The save the dates are super adorable, and I look forward to reading more
Old 01-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #64
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
Just caught up on everything. Your ring is gorgeous, and I LOVE your ideas. While I still haven't seen Casablanca, I do appreciate it's timelessness and just overall...class. The save the dates are super adorable, and I look forward to reading more
Thank you for your kind words and for reading! Unsurprisingly, I would definitely recommend watching Casablanca but I agree, it really has this feeling of timelessness that goes beyond the movie itself... I only hope I can capture even just a small part of that with my plans.
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
Old 01-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #65
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

The "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" Project

This is a little late, but I'd like to wish a happy new year to everyone on the boards!

To start things off, I'd just like to show off a little Christmas photo. It's a little bit late, but I love Christmas, so I'm more than happy to keep the spirit alive, if only for a little bit longer.

For Chrstimas my DF surprised me with a trip to the World for next summer (Aug 21-28)! I was completely surprised and floored. He said it was because we should have a site visit and stay in one of the hotels we hope to have in our room block, Caribbean Beach. We've never stayed there, so I'm very excited about that too. I'm sure you can all imagine, I was so happy and amazed!

As Christmas came and went I had a few other "presents" to deliever, but they weren't for Christmas. Now, I've been hinting at this for quite awhile, and it's my "Will You be my Bridesmaid?" project. I am only having two girls on my side of the bridal party (my best friend since grade two, Vanessa, and my cousin, Ashley), so I wanted to spend a little more time and hopefully make something really special for them.

Stupidly I totally wrapped one of them without taking any pictures of the contents, but since they were mostly the same, I took more than enough photos of the second one. So, just as a warning, this is probably going to be a little photo heavy...

I started with a little box...

It was shaped like a little suitcase. I really love the latch.

There are Parisian motifs, which reminded me of France... Epcot...

The inside.

I put down some white tissue paper. And then a book.

The book was a photobook that I put together and ordered from Snapfish. It was 5x7, hardcover (although the hardness of the actual book is pretty debateable), 20 pages. I filled it with photos from growing up, the present, crazy adventures, and movie quotes and song lyrics of particular meaning.

I won't post all twenty pages, but here are a couple sample pages:

We love Newsies.

Both books had pages similar to this, because this would be us three together at a pirate festival a couple years ago.

And so forth.

Last edited by LittleKittyMarie; 01-09-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #66
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

The "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" Project - Part Two

I also made a stack of cards with a lot of information.

This photo is a little out of focus, which of course I only noticed after the whole thing was wrapped.

The cards were put in the gold envelope...

And I wrapped up the photobook with tissue and ribbon and placed it on top of the card. Then I closed up the boxes and wrapped them both up with brown paper and string, and attached my own little luggage tag name card.

And voila!

I gave the boxes to my girls over the Christmas break and I think they were both happy, because they both agreed to be co-Maids of Honour. I am very, very pleased.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #67
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Your gifts are amazing! I'm glad both of the girls said yes. Though seeing how close you all seem to be the effort you put into it I'm sure it wasn't even a question for them This was so sweet!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #68
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Who could possibly say no to such a creative way of asking? Seriously. I bow down to your creativity
Old 01-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #69
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Your gifts are amazing! I'm glad both of the girls said yes. Though seeing how close you all seem to be the effort you put into it I'm sure it wasn't even a question for them This was so sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
Who could possibly say no to such a creative way of asking? Seriously. I bow down to your creativity
Thank you very much ladies! I spent quite a lot of time surfing the internet looking for inspiration ideas for this project, and I'm very happy with what I choose to do. And it was a lot of fun too!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #70
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

My First Etsy Foray

So this isn't really a big update, but I thought I might as well add it to my PJ anyway because it's related.

This past week I made my first couple purchases on Etsy. Annnd it's even more addicting that I thought it would be. I bought a few things and I heard myself thinking "hmmm... what other things can I also buy now?" and I had to reel myself back.

1. My DF and I finally ordered our custom kitty cake toppers. I posted pretty much every photo I have of the kitties a couple pages back so I won't repost them here (Original Post). I am so excited for them! We're going to be receiving them in June.

2. I was looking at wedding accessories and I saw some Minnie Mouse-inspired garters for sale. They are super cute, but red and white polka dot just isn't relevant enough for what I'd like to use. A couple months back, however, I saw some super cute fabrics for sale. I put my two thoughts together and ordered the fabrics to make my own custom Disney inspired garter. (The garter is never really a wedding tradition I've put any kind of stock in, and I don't intend to do a garter toss or any other garter related display, so this addition is really just for myself and another excuse to add a little more Disney to my day. ) Eventually I'll have to choose just one for the actual garter though... I think it's going to be a tough call!

My wedding is really turning into a Catsablanca theme. Heh, oh yeah.

Last edited by LittleKittyMarie; 01-18-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #71
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Hahaha Catsablanca

I love the fabrics! What a great idea. I really love the first one, that's the one that I would go with - did you find the fabric on etsy or did you get it somewhere else? Either way, it is so cute!

I'm also glad you finally ordered the cat cake toppers, those look so fun and I can't wait to see the ones you get
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #72
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicole, just followed you over from my TR.

You two are such a cute couple. OMG at your engagement, sounded absoultely wonderful. I LOL'd at the $12 ring, bless him. Your actually engagent ring is beautiful, much more engagementy then the first.

The theming for your wedding is lovely and unique, I can't wait to see it all come together.

Awww your cake topper is too cute. Etsy is very good but very addictive

I like the colour scheme, it's so unique and works well together.

I hear you on the 'save the date' thing. I can't use the abbrievation either. Your save the dates are brilliant, I don't blame your DF for wanting a watermark.

WOW - your 'will you be my bridesmaid?' project is so creative and wonderful, I'm pleased that they both said yes!

Catsablanca!

I like the fabrics for the garter, if it were me I'd chose the first one. It's so adorable.

Can't wait for your next update, you have me hooked. I've subbed in xxx
Old 01-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #73
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Holy cow!! You're "Will You Be My Bridesmaid" gifts are INCREDIBLE!! Awesome job!

Isn't Etsy the best? I'm obessed!!

I love the idea of making your own garter. The Aristocat fabric is amazing! Love it!

And, I love love love Catsablanca!!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #74
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran

The artistocats fabric is adorable. I agree with the other ladies, the first fabric is my favorite as well.

I love the books you made for your bridesmaids, especially the lyrics from Newsies. I think I might have to watch that movie soon
Old 01-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #75
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Etsy looks so innocent, but it can be a dangerous, dangerous place. Your plans so far look phenomenal. Can't wait to hear more.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: