Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #166
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Wow awesome update! What a great ending to your first day of cruising. You guys did so much that day!! I am so impressed!

The show looks fantastic and riding the AquaDuck at night looks super cool. Loved the video!

Your pictures are great as always! Can't wait to hear all about the rest of your trip!!
Our day did end pretty well considering that we had a bumpy start. And we did do a lot that day especially since it wasn't even a full day. We didn't even get on the ship until noon.

You have to ride the AD at night. It's really cool with the flashing lights! Your boys are going to LOVE that AD!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
Old 12-27-2011, 08:02 PM   #167
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,773

Loving the updates. It sure brings back memories. We tried to ride the AD at night and they had just cut off the line.
jenseib is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #168
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Hi, Rinky! Hope you had a great Christmas! I am going to try and keep up better with your TR from now on!

You are so right -- nobody does live entertainment like Disney! The Golden Mickeys show looks like a lot of fun!

Hurray for being able to ride the Aqua Duck without a huge line and hot staircase!

That map is really neat -- I would really like that because I would always be wondering where exactly in the ocean we were.
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:53 AM   #169
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Loving the updates. It sure brings back memories. We tried to ride the AD at night and they had just cut off the line.
I know. I want to be back there so bad!

I hate you didn't get to ride at night. That 3 night cruise is so short isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hi, Rinky! Hope you had a great Christmas! I am going to try and keep up better with your TR from now on!

You are so right -- nobody does live entertainment like Disney! The Golden Mickeys show looks like a lot of fun!

Hurray for being able to ride the Aqua Duck without a huge line and hot staircase!

That map is really neat -- I would really like that because I would always be wondering where exactly in the ocean we were.
Don't worry about it. It is such a busy time for everyone. I haven't had time to post much anyway.

I adore Disney shows. They are so good!

I am a total map nerd. I love maps, weather, geography... I can look at maps for hours. I don't know what it is, but it just fascinates me to see where things are.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #170
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

Hey there Rinky! Things have finally slowed down a bit around here and I'm trying to get caught up on the DIS! I'm really enjoying your report so far, but it's giving me serious Dream withdrawals!
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 06:29 PM   #171
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!
 
Lovemy3babes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MN -- 1,638 miles from WDW -- too far
Posts: 3,747

Wow, the show photos make it look amazing! I can't even imagine what it was like in person. So, so neat! I think swimming in the evening when the crowds have died out is such a great idea Rinky. I don't do well with big crowds. Great update!
__________________
Kelli, mom to four awesome kids! (14, 13, 10 & 7)
Nov '06: Pop Nov '08: POFQ Dec '09: OKW Sept '10: AsMo Oct '12: POR

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline  
Old 12-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #172
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney
 
sjs314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 10,015

Great update. Glad the pool cleared out so you guys were able to enjoy a nice swim that evening. The video of the AD was enough for me, you'd never get me on it Everything on the ship looks so pretty and the show you saw looked amazing.That is cool that you can see on the tv where the ship is and how cool are the windows to the sea, although knowing me I would start worrying about them leaking. All in all a wonderful 1st day.
__________________
'89 & '90- Travelodge-Hotel Plaza Blvd,'92 & '93- POFQ,'94-YC,'95 & '96-WL,'97-CSR,'06-AKL,'07-Disneyland Hotel,'09-OKW,F&G '12-BWI,MVMCP '12-BWI,F&W '13-AKL

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline  
Old 12-29-2011, 06:26 AM   #173
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Hey there Rinky! Things have finally slowed down a bit around here and I'm trying to get caught up on the DIS! I'm really enjoying your report so far, but it's giving me serious Dream withdrawals!
Hey Michelle! I am so glad you are back! It hasn't been the same without you!

I know what you mean about withdrawals! I've been having those too. I even think my DH is having them. He made us an Ohana dinner last night (totally out of the blue) and said he was ready for another cruise whenever I was! I was stunned. I think the cruise really impressed him!

Are you having any luck convincing your DH to do another cruise or WDW trip? I know you said he wasn't in love with WDW, but he seemed to enjoy the cruise more, so.... ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Wow, the show photos make it look amazing! I can't even imagine what it was like in person. So, so neat! I think swimming in the evening when the crowds have died out is such a great idea Rinky. I don't do well with big crowds. Great update!
That show was awesome. It was my favorite of the 3. Pure classic Disney all the way!

Swimming at night is the only way to go for me from now on. The crowds just made it miserable in my opinion during the day. Everyone else seemed to be having a good time, but I just can't stand people all over me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Great update. Glad the pool cleared out so you guys were able to enjoy a nice swim that evening. The video of the AD was enough for me, you'd never get me on it Everything on the ship looks so pretty and the show you saw looked amazing.That is cool that you can see on the tv where the ship is and how cool are the windows to the sea, although knowing me I would start worrying about them leaking. All in all a wonderful 1st day.
The AD was lots of fun! What don't you like about it? It wasn't too much of a thrill ride. I am a major ride chicken, and I could do it... once anyway. I wasn't crazy about being in that tube though. I kept imagining it malfunctioning and filling up with water! But that's just my schitzo, claustrophobic mind going off the deep end. It really wasn't that bad.

Our first day did turn out pretty good. I really had my doubts for a while there, but it all ended up fine, well.... until the last night anyway.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
Old 12-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #174
cyndiloveswalt
Mouseketeer
 
cyndiloveswalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Delaware
Posts: 454

Hi Rinky, came over from Shelly's TR. we just did a cruise on the Dream in Nov. loved it! We have cruised Disney 3 times and have never asked for private seating but have always had it, as has everyone around us. I just aasumed Disney only seated families together.
I am with you on those chairs at Animators Pallete, I was a little peeved my DH wouldn't even try to put one under his shirt!
__________________
cyndiloveswalt is offline  
Old 12-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #175
MaryAz
DIS Veteran
 
MaryAz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,262

Great update! The Aqua Duck at nights looks so fun! Glad the first day ended so well. Better get on that cruise planning while Hubby is excited to go!
__________________
Me Dh: DD 10 DD 7
MaryAz is offline  
Old 12-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #176
sharonW
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: nj
Posts: 1,672

Rinky....so glad I saw you on FB or i'd have never know about your trip!
Am lovin your TR so far, the Dream is amazing and your pics are fabulous
Just can't wait for more, more, more!!!
sharonW is offline  
Old 12-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #177
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndiloveswalt View Post
Hi Rinky, came over from Shelly's TR. we just did a cruise on the Dream in Nov. loved it! We have cruised Disney 3 times and have never asked for private seating but have always had it, as has everyone around us. I just aasumed Disney only seated families together.
I am with you on those chairs at Animators Pallete, I was a little peeved my DH wouldn't even try to put one under his shirt!
WELCOME! So glad you decided to join in the fun!

It looked to me like most people were probably only seated with their own families on the cruise, but I do think they seat parties together sometimes b/c they had to change our table number to have us seated by ourselves. Maybe because we were a small party of 3, they decided to join us up with someone else. Not sure how that's determined.

Aren't they some awesome chairs! I loved the entire decor in AP. The plates, utensils, everything was just perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great update! The Aqua Duck at nights looks so fun! Glad the first day ended so well. Better get on that cruise planning while Hubby is excited to go!
The AD is really neat at night! I loved the flashing lights. It made the whole deck look cool.

I know I need to take DH up on his offer while he is still willing. I just can't figure out how to pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Rinky....so glad I saw you on FB or i'd have never know about your trip!
Am lovin your TR so far, the Dream is amazing and your pics are fabulous
Just can't wait for more, more, more!!!
Hey there! I'm so glad you were able to join in over here! Sorry I didn't have long to chat on FB the other day, but I was on my way out the door. I'm really glad you saw me and spoke up though so I could send you the link.

The Dream was awesome! One day you'll have to take those grandbabies on a Disney cruise!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
Old 12-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #178
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran
 
Moodyzblu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 1,571

Joining in !!

I have to say .. this cruise looks just amazing ! I've never cruised before and honestly never really wanted to .. but seeing the pics and hearing about it really makes me want to do it. I have 7yr old twin boys and I know they would love it. Some day .. for sure !

Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip !!
__________________
Michelle ... Single Mom to:Jayden(9) Jesse(9)
Jaymee (27) Jillianne (25) Jeremy (22)

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Moodyzblu is offline  
Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #179
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Joining in !!

I have to say .. this cruise looks just amazing ! I've never cruised before and honestly never really wanted to .. but seeing the pics and hearing about it really makes me want to do it. I have 7yr old twin boys and I know they would love it. Some day .. for sure !

Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip !!
WELCOME! Always glad to have new Dissers joining in!

The cruise is wonderful! It is well worth giving it a try. I think the 3 night cruise is a great way to start out. We had never cruised before either so that's why we chose the shortest cruise possible, and it was the right choice for us. I think 7 is the perfect age to give it a try also. They are old enough to really be able to do everything and still young enough to like the Disney aspects of it. There's lots more good stuff to come about the cruise so stick with me. By the time I get to Castaway Cay, you'll be convinced to take the cruise plunge!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 04:02 PM   #180
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

Happy New Year's Dis Friends!

I hope 2012 is very good to all of you!


RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: