Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #46
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #47
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Joyeux Noel to you and your family!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #48
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 12-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #49
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on arriving at Disney World!! It sure is the best feeling!

Love the pics of WL and how festive it looks. Wow that cookie at The Writers Stop is huge!! I still have to pay that place a visit.
Arriving at WDW is a truly magical feeling! I swear I relax a little and become a little happier just driving under that sign!

I love everything about WL, especially during the holidays!

The Writers Stop is soooo fabulous! That coffee helped get me through the evening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Love all of the THREE arches you went under!!!

VWL looks so pretty! I sooooooooo need to go during Christmas sometime
I wanted the Kermit hat in October too and never ended up buying it Checked on eBay when I got home and sure enough found one there...just looked for you now and there are Animal versions too

So sweet of John to want to make sure you had your Birthday button Maybe next time you can send him a text to distract him when he is on his phone

Tracy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow! Deja vu. Everything looks strangely familiar. When we visited the WL for AP I was so disappointed I wasn't staying there, so I know WL at Christmas will definitely be in my future.

Great start to I'm sure what is going to be a great trip!
I loved driving under all of those signs!!!

Ohhh! I have to check out ebay! Those hats are too darn cool!!!

anything phone related would distract him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I love the lightpole tree! I imagine you are right, probably for the best that your room wasn't ready so you could make it to DHS. I have mixed feelings about WL at the holidays as it looks like home but I know it's gorgeous. The writers stop.

I'm thinking we need a phone intervention for both of you.
I can see you having mixed feelings about WL! That's why I'm coming to visit you one day! I just know I would love the pacific northwest!!!

I think you're right about the phone intervention!!

BTW, we were talking about cruises the other day and DH said no again but then he said "the only exception would be Alaska!" LOL! I thought of you! One day I'm going to hold him to that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Merry Christmas to you and the family.

Thank you!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Joyeux Noel to you and your family!!
Thank you!! Hope it was magical day for you as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Merry Christmas
Thank you! Hope you had a great day!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:20 PM   #50
MEK
DIS Veteran

Happy birthday tomorrow Melissa. I hope you have something great planned!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #51
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

OOOH Happy early Bday Melissa!!! I share in MEK's sentiments...I hope you have a fabulous day planned!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #52
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Happy birthday tomorrow Melissa. I hope you have something great planned!
Thank you!! My plan so far is to sit on the couch and Dis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
OOOH Happy early Bday Melissa!!! I share in MEK's sentiments...I hope you have a fabulous day planned!
Thank you!!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #53
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Once we got off GMR it was a little after 3 so we decided to venture toward Mama Melrose. When we got there we found that it was completely mobbed! People, cranky people all over the place! But it was a Fantasmic night so I’m sure a lot of those people were there for the dinner package! I got in line to check in and the lady behind me was saying something about them telling people they couldn’t check-in until exactly their ADR time. We were still about 5 or 10 minutes off from our ADR but they let me check in! We waited a good 30 minutes before we were seated. The thing that puzzles me is that there were a lot of empty tables in the restaurant!! OK!?

I ordered Penne Alla Vodka and DH ordered Chicken Parmigiana. DH enjoyed his chicken and I really loved my Penne! I’m a huge fan of Penne alla Vodka and I find that a lot of times the vodka sauce has too much vodka in it! It kind of becomes over powering! This was perfect and sooo yummy! I’d love to have it right now!!

With full and happy bellies it was time for dessert! I ordered the Chocolate Cannoli Cake and DH ordered cheesecake! I also ordered a latte to help me get through the rest of the evening!

With dessert came this yummy little drink, I believe it was prosecco although the waiter couldn’t confirm. No matter, it was good and DH, who hates all wine and champagne, really liked it!

Dessert was also yummy! I really enjoyed my Cannoli Cake!

With our bellies even more full and happy it was time to head out!

Our goal for the day was really to see the Osborne Lights! It still wasn’t quite dark enough and definitely not 6:30 so we headed toward to main entrance to do some shopping! I browsed in Keystone Clothier and a few other shops, including the Christmas Shop!

Then we head over to the Streets of America!

We waited a little bit for the lights to be lit and were close enough to see the little girl who got to do the honors and her HUGE smile! It was very cool!

We thoroughly enjoyed the lights! I can’t tell you how happy those lights make me! Well, I think it’s the combo of the lights, the music and the snow!

I took a video of the dancing with phone! So, please enjoy The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights through my phone and camera!

video,

After the light
s we headed out of DHS, honestly I have very little recollection of the trip back to WL other then we self parked when we got back!

Then it was off to room 4011!! For a few cold drinks, getting our stuff from Bell Services and settling in!!! After a long but fun day it was lovely to enjoy our fabulous room and get a good night sleep! Hopefully day 2 would go as well as day 1!?
Old 12-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #54
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Always a nice way to start, by seeing the lights.

I will be doing the same in 2 days!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 12-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #55
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOW those lights are just so gorgeous!! You took some very amazing pictures!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Glad your dinner went so well!!! I'm definitely looking forward to your day 2!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 12-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #56
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

The lights are super festive! The one time I saw them in person it was so mobbed that you were almost carried along the street in a sea of people... that was not so fun but there's no denying they are GORGEOUS!

So glad day #1 was a hit and hoping day #2 was more of the same!

Old 12-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #57
MEK
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed the lights this trip as well. And to think I was almost going to skip them, but Nick insisted we go and I'm so glad he did. They were fabulous. Really better than ever and it surprisingly was not crowded. I took about 130 pictures and we even stood in line for a photopass picture.

So loved your video when you posted it on fb, but obviously can't see it now.

So glad you enjoyed you meal. I have always liked mama melrose even though it often gets bad reviews.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #58
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Someday we will make it down for Christmas! I grew up in FL in the 80's and Christmas was our favorite time to see Disney. That was before "MGM" and AK were even open! I would love to see it now...someday!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #59
manntra
DIS Veteran

Seems like some cases of temper tummy at Mama Melrose with the cranky people on line Mmm I love vodka sauce also and know exactly what you mean about the vodka.

Love all of your Osborne light photos and video. What a wonderful day and night.

Hope you are enjoying your special day today!!

pa rty:

Tracy
Old 12-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #60
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Soooooooo pretty. I really really really hope one day I get to visit WDW around Christmas time to enjoy all of the Holiday decorations and those wonderful lights.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: