Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

A Mom, 12 Year Old & a Sausage on a Dream Voyage Jan 12! Complete 2/28!!

Hello and welcome to my first trip report!! My name is Tracy and in two short weeks my DD and I will be leaving for vacation! Iíve been faithfully reading this board for over a year now in preparation for our first cruise Ė 3 nights on the Dream on January 12th. If I hadnít found this board I donít know how I would even be close to prepared for this! This trip includes a day at Universal Studios, the 3 day Dream cruise and 2 days at WDW!
This is my DD Eilee (pronounced like eye-lee, rhymes with smiley) during our last trip in 2010. She is now 12 and she is very excited to be going on a cruise and also to get out of Wisconsin for a warmer destination in January! Sheís in 7th grade and she is very social and goofy. She loves to make new friends so I have a feeling that I wonít see her much!

And this is me. I did a dining review of my most recent trip with my sister so Iíll just steal the same photo from that report!

Iíve only recently converted to Disney-ism (within the past few years) and now Iím hooked. Iím still learning about WDW Ė rides and resorts and restaurants Ė but Iím enjoying the research! I wouldnít exactly consider myself a ďfoodieĒ but I do love to eat so Iím sure this report will contain lots of food photos too!

Also along on this trip will be the Traveling Sausage. I know, I know. You are asking yourself ďWHY would she bring a sausage along??" So here is the story. My sister and I take a trip every year and about 4 or 5 years ago we went to visit my cousin Paula in Puerto Rico. When we were on the plane we realized that we had not brought a hostess gift for her so as a joke we took the sausage out of the snack box on the plane and gave that to Paula. During our trip we ended up taking photos of the sausage and it became a tradition. The sausage goes everywhere with us! This is the sausage's second trip to Disney.

We will also be traveling with two other people Ė a mom Holly & her daughter Leah (also 12). Eilee and Leah have gone to school together since they were in kindergarten and her mom Holly used to run the after school care program in elementary school so they are friends of ours. When we booked the trip Eilee & Leah were good friends but now that they are in Middle School they are split up into two separate ďhousesĒ and they do not hang out together at all with two separate groups of friends!! Iím a little nervous about that but Iím sure theyíll be fine. We told them that they donít have to hang out together all the time (even though I think they will!).

Thanks for joining in on a newbie trip report and I will try to include information and photos of things that might be helpful for others when planning their trips!

Last edited by Tracerr00; 02-29-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: