Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

NateNLogansDad + party of 25 + AKL + MNSSHP = a few thousand pictures (Bonus Video!!)

So, welcome to my latest installment of life in the world of fantasy. A life where we go to escape the normal hustle and bustle of work and the stresses we all go through in our day to day life. Ladies and gentlemen if you have escaped your normal reality with me before in our previous trip reports, I hope you know that you are welcome with open arms and of coarse, the popcorn is always complimentary. If this is your first time joining in, please know that this is a very hard place to leave and there have been tears in the past when we have gone our different ways in the very end. Either way, thank you for coming aboard. Please sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride down memory lane...a ride full of pictures, smiles, laughs, and of coarse fireworks.

For those of you who have not virtually met the family, here we are from a previous trip........

That's me (Rob,) probably the most wonderful caring and understanding wife in the world (Tina,) and 2 of the craziest, pull your hair out and hug them at the same time kids (Nathan and Logan.)

This time, we expanded out a little. This trip was with 4 other families on my mother on law's side. I'll introduce them later on in the report, but here's a visual of what we all look like.......

Yea, I know.

So, there's our introduction. For now, it's more of a place mark on the Disboards. I hope you speak up if you're joining in. The last TR was a lot of fun and I hope this one will come close.

Please note, I take pictures....LOTS of pictures. I hope this will help you either plan out your next trip, remember your last, or just make your day a little bit better. If you are going for the first time, I hope I don't spoil any surprises for you and will let you know if you should skip ahead.

So, who's ready for a bombardment of pictures?

Last edited by NateNLogansDad; 05-10-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I'm in! This should be an awesome report

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Susan121302
Mouseketeer

YAY! Subscribing to this one...... http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/cheer2.gif
Old 12-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

So, our trip starts out on Friday October 21st but really I want to back it up a day just to relive for a minute the experience that I think everybody goes through the night before. We packed everything up early that day and I went off to work. Tina took the night off so she can mend any loose ends that we may have overlooked and I told her that I'd try to come home a few hrs early since we really weren't that busy and our flight was scheduled for 6:30 AM. I really wish I could have said everything went as smooth as possible, but that's just never happened to me. Instead of getting home around 5, I walked in the door around 11:30 that night. Yep, that's how we're going to start it! I had to go for a 550 mile car ride a few hrs before the trip, yay. Who cares you might ask? Well, after all that driving you'd think I'd be exhausted but it was just almost impossible to sleep. I wanted to walk out of the front door and just run to the airport! I dozed off with a big smile AND woke up with the same one. WE WERE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

At 4:45am our ride came. Tina's mom was taking me, Tina, Nate, Logan and Tina's 2 bothers to the airport. You see, the trip was only supposed to be a Sunday-Thursday trip but that's just not how we roll. The 6 of us were getting a 2 day head start! HECK YEA!

We arrived at the airport just after 5 (we live close) and it was mobbed. Like, Thanksgiving Travel kind of mobbed! I tried to take a picture of the chaos going on but my sleep deprivation had led me to leave my camera's focus set to manual so those went in the trash. There was just no way were we making this flight, the lines were insane.

I heard a security guard tell a young couple that the line she was guarding was for parents with small children and it was like the angles started singing from heaven! I quietly yelled for Tina and her brothers to grab all the carry on’s and follow me. We went almost to the front of the line and through security in a few minutes. By the time we got to our gate we had about 15 minutes to grab breakfast at McDonalds and take it onto the plane.

Once we hit the tarmac, not even the spilled orange juice would bring me down. We were finally on our way!
From the plane…..

I hope Tina’s not reading along….

Just 2 ˝ hrs after finding our seats we found ourselves walking into Orlando airport and enjoying our first ride of the trip!!!

Am I the only one who actually likes riding the Magical Express to the hotel???

We were the third stop which wasn’t too bad, but the weirdest thing happened when we got off the bus. There was a gentleman that came out to great us and knew our party by name. I was kind of floored but it brought a smile to my face and at that moment, I felt like we were back home. I was a little surprised that the lobby was so busy. It wasn’t quite noon and check-in wasn’t supposed to be until 4. Our room was ready but not near the rest of our group coming down on Sunday. She offered to set us up another room and would text me when it was ready. Sounds good to me! We dropped off our carry on luggage to the bell services desk and went to check out the Savanna for a minute while we came up with a game plan.

Our “light” breakfast only lasted so long being as tired as we were so everybody was looking for a place to go get some lunch. I know most people need to run right over to the Magic Kingdom as soon as they get down there to see the castle, but for me my favorite place is always going to be…….

And of coarse my argument was going to be that they have the largest variety of food with the Food & Wine Fest going on!

So….. off we went.

And off I go for now. Stay tuned, I’m hoping to have another update in just a little bit!
Old 12-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
I'm in! This should be an awesome report
Thank you but I hope your expectations aren't too high! I'm just a simple truck driver with a new camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan121302 View Post
YAY! Subscribing to this one......
Welcome aboard!!! Did you finally do what we talked about????
Old 12-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
Susan121302
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateNLogansDad View Post
Thank you but I hope your expectations aren't too high! I'm just a simple truck driver with a new camera

Welcome aboard!!! Did you finally do what we talked about????
I did I did I did!!!! I am beyond excited. booked the villa's for 9/8-9/15 and now I think i am going to try and fly down on the 7th and maybe get a regular BC room for the one night. I can't thank you enough for the help and suggestion.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan121302 View Post
I did I did I did!!!! I am beyond excited. booked the villa's for 9/8-9/15 and now I think i am going to try and fly down on the 7th and maybe get a regular BC room for the one night. I can't thank you enough for the help and suggestion.
My pleasure!!!! I hope your son isn't reading the Dis! Don't want to ruin the surprise!!!!

I have another update

be back in a few!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

So, we’re back already!!!

When I left you last, some of you may have asked yourselves “EPCOT? Really? “ Yes, EPCOT! Epcot is by far my favorite park as an adult. My kids love it too, but I’m sure if they only had one park to do every day it would be the Magic Kingdom.

Anyways, back to the story. Remember, it was us 4 and Tina’s 2 bothers Brian and Sean and we were just a wee bit excited as you can see here at the bottom…..

First order of business was to grab some fastpasses for….

Brian has never been to EPCOT and Sean isn’t sure if he actually came here or not a few years ago with a friend of his, so Soarin’ was a definite must-do for today to get this trip started off on the right foot.

Fastpasses achieved, we set out to find some grub. Now, we are in Epcot with the Food and Wine Fest going on….food from all over the world!!! Where do you think everybody wanted to go?

I still shake my head.

I will say this though, pulled pork on a cheeseburger is pretty darn good. We even had some gentleman march through playing the fief and drums. Sorry, I was cleaning up a spilled iced tea and couldn’t get my camera out of the bag fast enough for a shot. *sigh*

Bellies full and kids ready to do some stuff, we headed out to the one thing in the World Showcase that the kids would ride all day if they could. It’s in a little place called MEXICO!

“What!?!?” you ask? A ride in Mexico? Yeppers! Think It’s a Small World meets Donald Duck and heads south of the border.

Sean in Mexico….

Brian….

During the 3 Caballero’s (Technically called the Grand Fiesta Tour)

Last edited by NateNLogansDad; 12-28-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

LOVE THAT RIDE!!!!!

So, that might give you some kind of clue on my pictures. I will take the regular pictures that everybody likes to take but I will have things thrown in that focus (hopefully) on the little things that some may overlook. I LOVE the details that the imaginers get into on everything they do (usually.) Of coarse, if you are joining in from a previous trip report, you know I say it all the time….Disney is in the Details!

So, after our little boat ride searching for Donald, we walked around Mexico and checked out the merchandise….

I have no idea how long we were actually in there, but when we came out I totally forgot that the sun was shinning! Mexico really isn’t all that big but it’s so easy to immerse yourself in it and really believe it’s a romantic candlelit little city you’re in!

So, after felling a little bit more of a world traveler, we headed out to do something that would be easier to do before the rest of the group came down. For the EPCOT veterans, you know what’s coming up next. Everybody else…..well, lets just say we may have pulled a mean little trick on Brian and Sean…..

Stay tuned!

Last edited by NateNLogansDad; 12-28-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #10
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Hmm...I wonder what the "mean trick" will be?

Love your pics! Doesn't Mexico have the strangest yet interesting sculptures? Epcot is always my first park to go to when I visit - our last visit in 2010 was my youngest 2 sons' first visit and I introduced them to WDW by going to Epcot first. They were blown away first by my choice of resort (BWV with boardwalk view) plus Epcot - they are definitely now hooked! and you scored Soarin' fastpasses - way to go

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 12-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #11
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Hmm...I wonder what the "mean trick" will be?

Love your pics! Doesn't Mexico have the strangest yet interesting sculptures? Epcot is always my first park to go to when I visit - our last visit in 2010 was my youngest 2 sons' first visit and I introduced them to WDW by going to Epcot first. They were blown away first by my choice of resort (BWV with boardwalk view) plus Epcot - they are definitely now hooked! and you scored Soarin' fastpasses - way to go
I love Mexico. I wish I could take my camera and tripod in there for a few hrs! There is so much potential in there for some great and crazy pictures

The Boardwalk looks so nice and that view has to be awesome in itself but our hearts are always at the Beach Club. One of my favorite things to do is stare at the Boardwalk from across the lake It's going to be a little while until our next trip, but I think we need to save up and do it right next time. AKL was a beautiful place, but you can not beat the location of the EPCOT hotels!!!!

Thanks for the compliment on the pics Our mean trick will be coming up soon and yes, it is photo-documented
Old 12-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

I am following along! I enjoyed your last TR and can't wait to read this one! I just returned from WDW on 12/20 and these pictures are making me miss it even more but luckily I have a trip planned for August
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
Old 12-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I'm here. I read your other TR and can't wait to see all your pictures from this trip.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #14
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellinNY6 View Post
I am following along! I enjoyed your last TR and can't wait to read this one! I just returned from WDW on 12/20 and these pictures are making me miss it even more but luckily I have a trip planned for August
So glad to have you along for this one too! How were the crowd levels last week? I so wish we had another trip planned This is the first trip in 3 yrs or so that we didn't have another trip planned as soon as we came home. So far, it looks like we may be skipping Disney next year for something new....I'm not saying there's no way....just that right now we don't have anything planned
Old 12-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #15
NateNLogansDad
Still Wish'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I'm here. I read your other TR and can't wait to see all your pictures from this trip.
Thank you!

Hopefully the pics will be a little bit better with the new camera, but we'll have to wait and see

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: