Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #931
smidgy
dimples

goofyy4tink.. we were at WDW in sept. stayed at CBR, BLT and AKL. we purchased our mugs at CBR and used them the whole trip.. no way were we going to buy 3 mugs for one vactation! not a problem at all.
If they get the mugs at all the resorts, next time we do a split stay (which is often) when we get to the new resort, I will bring the mug receipts with the date, AND our resort reservation confirmations to a manager if need be, showing we are on the same single vacation, and I'm pretty sure they will be issuing us new mugs if they can't put new chips in.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #932
pixieMandy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Other non-carbonated options:

There may be Powerade depending on your resort. Pop Century has blue Powerade.

The "regular" lemonade available almost everywhere is Minute Maid Light. Some resorts have pomegrante lemonade; not sure if it that is in addition to regular or instead of.

And you can use your mug for coffee.

Do you know if lemonade and unsweetened iced tea is available at the Wilderness Lodge? We don't drink soda, but we like tea as long as it's not sweet and my daughters like lemonade.
pixieMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #933
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieMandy View Post
Do you know if lemonade and unsweetened iced tea is available at the Wilderness Lodge? We don't drink soda, but we like tea as long as it's not sweet and my daughters like lemonade.
We'll have to get a Wilderness Lodge guest to answer definitively, but I would expect both lemonade and unsweetened tea to be available there. In particular the Gold Peak tea dispensers are pretty standard across the resorts and one of the choices is unsweetened.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #934
MSLRAC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by just-a-kid-at-heart View Post
the problem with buying the other mugs from another resort is if you are staying at ASSp their mugs have radio chips in then. no other mugs work at the soda fountains. when i was there they would work for coffee ,tea, hot chocolate and water only. hope this helps.
We'll actually be at AoA and to be honest, we don't use the mugs until we get home so the chips won't really be an issue. But thanks for the info anyway because you are very right that it could cause an issue if staying at ASSp.
DCL Fantasy ~ Oct 2013 Oct 2014
AoA ~ Aug 2015
MSLRAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #935
tpettie
What"s a tag and why do you want one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSLRAC View Post
We'll actually be at AoA and to be honest, we don't use the mugs until we get home so the chips won't really be an issue. But thanks for the info anyway because you are very right that it could cause an issue if staying at ASSp.
As AoA is a new Resort I wouldn't be too surprised if the put the chip reader ones in there .... As they are testing them now why put in the old machines only to remove them and update them with chip reader at a later point. Unless the test is showing to be more work and not something they are close to using yet...

All Stars Movies December 2008 (First Trip)
All Stars Movies December 2009 (Return with more kids)
POR Nov 28 - Dec 05 2010 (Adult Only Trip)
ASMusic Sept 29 - Oct6 2011 (let go trip)
Sequel Trip AofA Resort Nov/Dec 2012
POP Sept 7-12 with Disney Dream 3 Night Cruise Sept 12-15
tpettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #936
3floridarays
Somebody's got to nail that girl's fins to the floor

I'm confused - does this mean that if I buy our mugs at ASMo and we walk over to ASSp, we won't be able to use our mugs???

ME DH DS-12
3floridarays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #937
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3floridarays View Post
I'm confused - does this mean that if I buy our mugs at ASMo and we walk over to ASSp, we won't be able to use our mugs???
As the way it is now, that is correct. I'd suspect that they would allow refills among sister resorts, like all the All Stars. But that is just my guess.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #938
cpl100
DIS Veteran

I have never bought the refillable mugs in the past because we don't really drink soda. But I just realized I could get (hot) tea in the mug and I do drink a lot of that. Will be staying in POFQ for two nights and wondering how this all works. I read back three pages and it seems like there are some kind of chips in the mugs now or something which limits usage. Very confused. Can a kind, informed person enlighten me please?

cpl100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #939
coastermom
Proud Redhead
I am not crazy just like my job
This makes the decision much easier
ROLLERCOASTERS ARE MY LIFE

Ok we were just at the BC in Aug for my DD sweet 16 trip ... I have two mugs from there and we are going to AKL for an adults only trip .. Our package includes a free resort mug .... Is this a refillable mug ? and since we are there in January is it going to be the same mug I just got in Aug ? Just wondering ...

coastermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #940
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastermom View Post
Ok we were just at the BC in Aug for my DD sweet 16 trip ... I have two mugs from there and we are going to AKL for an adults only trip .. Our package includes a free resort mug .... Is this a refillable mug ? and since we are there in January is it going to be the same mug I just got in Aug ? Just wondering ...
Yes and Yes.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #941
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl100 View Post
I have never bought the refillable mugs in the past because we don't really drink soda. But I just realized I could get (hot) tea in the mug and I do drink a lot of that. Will be staying in POFQ for two nights and wondering how this all works. I read back three pages and it seems like there are some kind of chips in the mugs now or something which limits usage. Very confused. Can a kind, informed person enlighten me please?

Since you are staying at POFQ you probably won't need to worry about the chips in the mugs. Right now..they are only at All Star Sports. If you purchase a mug, you can get as much of the hot tea as you want.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:24 AM   #942
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

The Tinkerbell Fountain Drink Machines @ All-Star Sports

How does everybody like the Test machines?

I liked them OK.

The one main thing I didn't like was that because the RFID mugs have to actually touch the bottom of the "dispenser lever" and there was always some "overflow coke,etc." on the bottom of the lever,the bottom of the mug was always wet with "overflow coke".

I did LOVE that Tinkerbell herself would fill my mug!Wow,she has to fly around FAST to fill all those mugs!

I also LOVED watching the reaction of Guests,who obviously were accustomed to the machines filling ANYTHING,try to fill their thermoses and various and sundry other drink containers only to find that Tinkerbell would not fill these non-RFID containers!PRICELESS!

WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #943
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

This is probably answered somewhere but I can't find it, so I'll ask!!

Are the mugs dishwasher safe?

DisneyGuess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #944
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
This is probably answered somewhere but I can't find it, so I'll ask!!

Are the mugs dishwasher safe?
99% sure the mugs don't say anything on them either way about being dishwasher safe. I will have to check later. (I tend to wash ours by hand, just my preference.)

But, it's pretty likely they are dishwasher safe. When you look at similar products from the manufacturer (Whirley) they are listed as dishwasher safe:
http://www.drinkworks.com/prodlist?r...at=cw&subcat=i

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #945
mathgeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
99% sure the mugs don't say anything on them either way about being dishwasher safe. I will have to check later. (I tend to wash ours by hand, just my preference.)

But, it's pretty likely they are dishwasher safe. When you look at similar products from the manufacturer (Whirley) they are listed as dishwasher safe:
http://www.drinkworks.com/prodlist?r...at=cw&subcat=i
Just checked mine, and it doesn't say dishwasher safe or not. I prefer to wash by hand as well b/c I don't want the design to come off. Plus I have seen that the drying cycle can change the color on them.

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney
mathgeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: