Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #271
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
My sweet Faith - Thank you for posting the video greeting. It was so lovely to see your gorgeous face on the screen!!

Loving the (official) colour combination!!! I may be a little biased as these were our colours too, but I really think that they work really well at the S/D!! This is going to be one pretty wedding!!!

Courtney sweetie - Like Claire said, I have never in my life said 'Pip pip cheerio'. I am not offended at all, but find it incredible that people from other countries think we go about saying that all the time!!!!
I know, I am sorry, it was the only thing I could think of. My sister-in-law is British and I have never heard her say that either, or anything even remotely like that. Her and her family laugh at us all of the time because some of my family has a very thick southern accent (i.e. "country). My cousins, when talking about the drink Sprite say "spryyyyte"...it's sooo funny. Do you guys and gals have a smiliar saying that Americans use? Or that everyone thinks we say but don't? It is interesting to see what the different cultures think about one another.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #272
Tinkerkell007
Mouseketeer

I love your video! What a cute way to send your friends a holiday greeting!

It sounds like you are going to have a full trip in December, lots of fun stuff to do! I wish I could go back and see the resort Christmas decorations, they weren't up yet when I went last month. Take lots of pictures!

Oh yeah....

HOORAY for a school break!!!
BF is done with school this week and we are heading to Ohio for Christmas with my family.

If I don't get back on here before the holidays, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #273
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtenayB View Post
I know lol....nobody says that! Where did that even come from? But if you do say it this week I will think you are possibly the coolest person in the world.
I said it as I left work today!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #274
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Yes!!!! That is great! I am laughing soooooo hard right now.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #275
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
Your video is so cute! What a sweet idea. I think I'll be mailing around 50 Christmas cards too!

Your colors look like they match the Swan/Dolphin perfectly! I love coral too. My favorite color is orange, but many times that's too bright for something (like, say, buying a dress or painting my bedroom), so I'll opt for coral.

December trip sounds exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of The S/D with Christmas decorations!
Thank you! I tried so hard to find the perfect colors!

I LOVE orange!! People think I'm nuts which is why I go with coral (I do love coral too!). We really are twins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
I love the color combo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
hey so i love the video finally got to watch it and I am going to make one too I have a feeling we will be loading our journals with tons of pictures of the christmas decorations at disney! hooray!

ok got to go get christmas cards and stuff

Teresa
Thanks girl! We probably will! I can't wait to hear how your trip goes!
Quote:
Love your Video!!!!! Great Tudor/British shout out. Both you and Teresa sound exactly like I thought you would.
Really? That's interesting! Funny how we can picture what people sound like from their writing!

Thanks Claire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
ur color scheme will go PERFECT with the decor at the S/D! i like it what a fun video u put 2gether , SWEET Even though Karen is leaving i think ur wedding will b just as FABULOUS without her
Thanks girl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
My sweet Faith - Thank you for posting the video greeting. It was so lovely to see your gorgeous face on the screen!!

Loving the (official) colour combination!!! I may be a little biased as these were our colours too, but I really think that they work really well at the S/D!! This is going to be one pretty wedding!!!

Courtney sweetie - Like Claire said, I have never in my life said 'Pip pip cheerio'. I am not offended at all, but find it incredible that people from other countries think we go about saying that all the time!!!!
Jo- you are always so kind! Thank you!

When I saw how gorgeous the colors looked for your wedding I was sold on the coral and turquoise! So so so pretty! I've saved a ton of your pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I love the colors...I think that it will beautiful to work with the colors of the buildings

I can't wait to hear abour your visit, I hope that everything works out perfectly!!

I feel bad sometimes I comment on here or facebook or text, but never in all the places all together

Your video is adorable its so fun to see you after talking to you online and texting!! I wish I was able to do that, I need to get a camera!
Thanks Shannon!

Don't feel bad! I'm all over the place too! No worries!

I used my webcam instead of my point and shoot camera-- I'm too lazy to upload my stuff to my PC so I use my webcam for like everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerkell007 View Post
I love your video! What a cute way to send your friends a holiday greeting!

It sounds like you are going to have a full trip in December, lots of fun stuff to do! I wish I could go back and see the resort Christmas decorations, they weren't up yet when I went last month. Take lots of pictures!

Oh yeah....

HOORAY for a school break!!!
BF is done with school this week and we are heading to Ohio for Christmas with my family.

If I don't get back on here before the holidays, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!
I hope you have a wonderful trip and a very Merry Christmas!!

I will definitely take a ton of pictures!

Quote:

I LOVE IT!!!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #276
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

One Year to Go!

Happy December 22nd, everyone! December 22nd is my favorite day of the year!! "Why?" you ask..? Wellll...Today is our 6 year anniversary aaaaand officially one year till the wedding! I am so excited! I know this year is going to fly by!

Tonight we are going to dinner and out to see a movie to celebrate!

I can't believe we're at a year out finally. I guess that still seems like a long time but since we've been engaged since October of 2009 one year doesn't seem that bad!

I don't have too much to post about today since we haven't made any real developments but I am so looking forward to my mom and I's mini-trip next week to meet with our planner Diana! I'm sure I'll have much more to say then...

I was inspired by Teresa's Secret Santa gift though!! She got the cutest Vinylmation soaps and I was thinking that they would make awesome favors! I've been struggling to come up with an easy favor idea and I think these are super fun!

The only issue is that most I've found are only 2-3 inches tall. Does that seem TOO small?

In other news, we are still waiting on our engagement pictures CD. She said it would take 3 weeks so I think we're at about the 3 week mark. BUT, with Christmas I am hoping to get them next week! Then it's off to create the Save the Dates!

Non-Wedding Related news: this year for Christmas dinner there will be 11 of us! I do not have a big family so this is a huge deal for us! It will be me, Max, my mom, my Pookie (daddy), my grandma, my godfather, his wife, their nephew, his wife, Max's grandma, and Max's cousin! Whew! My mom and I have no clue how we're going to set the house up to have 11 people at one table. Our menu is pretty much set-- doing the traditional ham feast. We are spicing up the dessert this year, though, as we are getting a Carvel Ice Cream Cake! Max and I are also making Christmas cake pops-- we LOVE making them!

I will definitely update after our mini-trip! I hope everyone has a MAGICAL Christmas!!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #277
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

I think those favors r so cute Merry Christmas
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #278
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

Happy anniversary! Those soaps are SO cute. I don't think they are too small. A favor doesn't have to be huge.

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #279
CourtenayB
DisneyFanatic22

The Vinylmation soaps are so cute...at 1st I thougth they were gummy bears (or mice) and I got hungry.

Congrats on being one year away, it will be here before you know it.

Have an amazing Christmas and lots of fun with your family. 11 people is a good size and just enough to not get driven crazy. Oh and your Pookie! That is so sweet. Daddy's girl I presume? Me too!!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #280
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary, Faith! Chris and I celebrated 6 years this year too!!! :D I hope you have a great celebration

And I don't think those favors are too small! But, maybe give each person more than one?? I know I'd like more than one! :D

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #281
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

I love those soaps!!!!!

Happy Anniversary
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:03 PM   #282
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Happy Anniversary! And yay for hitting the one-year mark!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #283
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I love the vinylmation soaps! After seeing them I kind of wished I'd bought the ice cube tray set while I was in Disney so I could make my own. I don't think they're too small, but I agree with Jackie that maybe two each would be good. You could even try and do them in your colors and give one in each color!

Have a fantastic Christmas! Christmas cake pops sound so delicious!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #284
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Got Our Engagement Pictures CD!

We got almost 300 pictures and I love everyone one of them!

In case you haven't seen enough of us () feel free to check out of Facebook album:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0263440&type=3

OR, if you are totally extreme, the photographer's entire album:
1. Go to www.collages.net
2. Use the username: FaithEngagement
3. And the password: 29986

Okay, NOW this is my last post till I get back from my trip!! Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #285
One_Song
DIS Veteran

Faith, the photos are just gorgeous! I was going to tell you which one was my favorite, but when I got to the field-sy photos, I was in love with all of them! The lighting is incredible, and you two look so at ease. It's always wonderful when you can really feel the couple's personalities from the pictures!

Can't wait to hear about your trip-- and Merry Christmas!

Michelle's Wishes Wedding & Honeymoon PJ & TR
One_Song is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: