Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

**April 6, 2013** - Fantasy Eastern Caribbean to San Juan!

Hello! I didn't see a cruise meet set up for this sailing, so I figured why not be the first to post?! I'm travelling with my DS who will be 12 on this sailing. This cruise is a birthday gift for myself (YAY!!), so I made sure to book well in advance to give me plenty of time to pay for it! We were originally booked on the Dream, but I definitely want to do a longer cruise, so Fantasy it is!

Anyone else an early-bird planner like me?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCowboy View Post
I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

have a great cruise!
Thank you so much!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

I know I'm a day late, but wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holidays!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
mjruane
Earning My Ears

Happy Holidays to you as well!

So happy someone else is on this cruise!

I will be traveling with my DH and two DS who will be 13 and 10 at the time of sailing. I see that you're from Atlanta -- we live in Marietta (East Cobb.) Your son and my oldest boy are about the same age which is great! We too like the longer cruises and can't wait to get on a new Disney ship (been on the Wonder twice, Magic twice.) Hopefully, some more people will post for this cruise so we can do FE gifts (too fun!)

Have a wonderful 2012 and I look forward to getting to know you. April 2013 will be here before you know it!
mjruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjruane View Post
So happy someone else is on this cruise!

I will be traveling with my DH and two DS who will be 13 and 10 at the time of sailing. I see that you're from Atlanta -- we live in Marietta (East Cobb.) Your son and my oldest boy are about the same age which is great! We too like the longer cruises and can't wait to get on a new Disney ship (been on the Wonder twice, Magic twice.) Hopefully, some more people will post for this cruise so we can do FE gifts (too fun!)

Have a wonderful 2012 and I look forward to getting to know you. April 2013 will be here before you know it!
Hi and WELCOME!! I'm so glad someone has joined me; I was talking to myself over here!

What a coincidence! I used to live in East Cobb - miss that area so much! We live in Powder Springs, in Paulding County. Our school board is still 'working' on our school calendar for 2013, so at this point, I don't even know if this is the week that my son will have his Spring Break. But I booked this cruise based on the surrounding counties break for 2013 (Cobb, Douglas, etc) and they all have their Spring Break for this week. And since Paulding usually copies what Cobb does, I'm crossing my fingers we'll have this week off as well.

We've cruised Disney once before, on the Wonder when my son was just a baby. So it's been quite a few years since we've been on DCL. But I'm excited to return, and especially on the brand new Fantasy! I like how DCL has a separate club for the 11 - 13 y.o., which was a major selling point in us picking DCL. Its nice to know your sons are around the same age as my son. It'll be just my DS and I on this cruise, so he'll definitely need some buddies.

Have a great New Years and look forward to getting to know you too!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #7
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

HAPPY 2012!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #8
mjruane
Earning My Ears

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Just poppin in to say "hello!"

Did anyone happen to catch the video of the Fantasy's float-out? Needless to say, I thought it was a bit lack-luster, compared to the Dream's float-out. It was pretty cool to see the Fantasy live on screen though!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
mjruane
Earning My Ears

Hello!

I missed the float out but saw the video and pictures. She's a beauty! Her maiden voyage is the same week as our Spring Break. Since that cruise would cost as much as a car, we're trying the Carnival Dream this year which sails on the same day. So at Port Canaveral we'll see the Fantasy and probably her Christening ceremony (big sigh). We do not want to do 3 or 4 night cruises anymore (sorry Disney Dream,) so we're trying a different line. I'll let you know how it is...

Hope you're having a good year!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #11
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hello!

I missed the float out but saw the video and pictures. She's a beauty! Her maiden voyage is the same week as our Spring Break. Since that cruise would cost as much as a car, we're trying the Carnival Dream this year which sails on the same day. So at Port Canaveral we'll see the Fantasy and probably her Christening ceremony (big sigh). We do not want to do 3 or 4 night cruises anymore (sorry Disney Dream,) so we're trying a different line. I'll let you know how it is...

Hope you're having a good year!
You mean the Carnival Dream that leaves on March 31st? OMG - my son and I are on that sailing too!! What a coincidence! I booked the Carnival Dream in early 2011 for our Spring Break this year. I wanted to book the Fantasy, but like you said, didn't want to spend as much as a car would cost me (), so booked the Carnival Dream instead. That is so funny!

We have a roll-call for the March 31st Carnival Dream sailing over on Cruise Critic. I can post the link if you're interested.

The Fantasy is a beauty though! I can't wait to sail her next year.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
mjruane
Earning My Ears

My mouth just hit the ground... oh my gosh! I can't believe we're both on the Carnival Dream, March 31st! I'm going to head on over to Cruise Critic right now and look for the roll call. We've got to set up a time to meet -- can't wait!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #13
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My mouth just hit the ground... oh my gosh! I can't believe we're both on the Carnival Dream, March 31st! I'm going to head on over to Cruise Critic right now and look for the roll call. We've got to set up a time to meet -- can't wait!
I know - I thought at first, "she must be joking..."! We're spending a couple of days at Disney before we board Carnival Dream. I check my countdown clock every day! Not too much longer now.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
mummy lee
Earning My Ears

I have just booked for the Fantasy

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and would love to participate in the FE if it's happening x
mummy lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy lee View Post
I have just booked for the Fantasy

This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and would love to participate in the FE if it's happening x
Hi there and WELCOME! So glad you are joining us. I have never participated in an FE, but I'd definitely like to participate in one for our sailing. From what I've read, they seem like so much fun! I don't know how to organize an FE, so any volunteers would be most appreciated!

I will start a roll-call list for this sailing, since more people are joining in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: