Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2011, 10:25 PM   #16
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I just got back from the MK tonight after seeing DEP, Memories and Wishes. Everyone in my group were all amazed and glad to see the DEP again after not seeing it for years. They loved Memories as well as Wishes. We also went to Islands of Adventures today and I got to go in the Wand Shop and ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

I will have the pictures up later when I get back since i am having trouble uploading the pictures from the hotel. The internet over here really sucks so I won't load a lot of pictures as I usually do on my flickr account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Joining in !! Love a live TR .. looks so pretty there right now.
Thank you for coming along Michelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
What beautiful pictures. I'm very excited about the new Fantasyland as Beauty and the Beast is my all-time favorite Disney film.

The two black and white pics with colorized accents are great! How did you do them?

The Osborn Family Light Show is not to me missed. Just beautiful. Did you see the stunt car show while you were visiting?

TK
Thank you TK. The new Fantasyland is very nice and it will be very nice to see in a few years.

I use my new Nikon DSLR camera for the two color pictures. It is a mode called color sketch. I select a color from my camera or get a color from an object. Then the camera only shows the color that I select or multiple colors. It was neat to get something like that on a picture. When I saw Deej picture with only the red and black and white, I want to get something like that and found out how to do it on my camera.

THe Osborne Family light show is a must see during the Holiday season at DHS. I just can't upload any pics so it might take awhile to show some of the pics from the Osborne ligts. I didn't see Lights Motor Action Extreme Stunt show on Saturday and I might not see it during this trip since everyone is not interested in that show.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:09 AM   #17
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
So I'm guessing this is of the Beast's castle from F'land? Looks pretty cool so far!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #18
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

From far away the FLE looks very distance with the castle up on the ridge.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #19
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Sorry for not responding since I was so tired from getting back late at the WDW and left early in the morning to go on the rides and shows. But overall it was an enjoyable vacation at WDW. I really like this trip a lot since i helped plan this trip with my dad's friends family. I will get to the TR another day, right now I have to answer some questions below and show some more pics from my TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
So I'm guessing this is of the Beast's castle from F'land? Looks pretty cool so far!
You are right Allison. I had to use my long lens to get castle. It was so neat to see it in person after seeing it on these different websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
From far away the FLE looks very distance with the castle up on the ridge.
It does look long when you look at it Matt.

Here are some pics from my trip. Most of these were the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. I'm just going to show a couple since I have to put them on my TR.

I can't believe the wait time for ST was only 20 minutes at DHS compare to about 30+ minute wait at DL. Why is it so short of a wait time at DHS while DL can be up to 50+ minute wait? We rode it a few times during the trip and we were all excited. The lowest I have seen was at 10 minutes.

I will get back to the WDW TR after I finish my DL TR from last month.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:15 AM   #20
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Two TRs at once. Don't forget anything.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #21
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Glad I found this. Going to catch up.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 12-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #22
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

With our current plans, it looks like we won't be back to WDW at Christmas until 2014, we were planning 2012, but with the postponement of our 2011 trip and the DIS gamers meet in 2013 during October, we'll have to look towards 2014 for a Christmas trip. The Osborne lights look so cool. I can't wait to see them in person!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 12-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #23
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Two TRs at once. Don't forget anything.
Yup two TR at once and it is crazy to try and remember everything. So I will do the DL first before I get more into the WDW TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Glad I found this. Going to catch up.
Glad that you are here. I need to check your DL TR which is almost being done so I will stop by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
With our current plans, it looks like we won't be back to WDW at Christmas until 2014, we were planning 2012, but with the postponement of our 2011 trip and the DIS gamers meet in 2013 during October, we'll have to look towards 2014 for a Christmas trip. The Osborne lights look so cool. I can't wait to see them in person!
At least the new Fantasyland expansion should be done and I would guess that it will be decorated during the Holiday season which will be great. You got to see the Osborne Family lights in person and see how amazing it is. It is not the same when you see it on video and in person.

The first installment of my WDW TR is coming up shortly.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #24
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – December 10, 2011 – Part 1

On that Friday morning the 9th, my dad, my DB and I left our house to Sacramento International Airport at 5am. I don’t like getting up really early in the morning, but this was a requirement so we can get to Orlando early that night. Our first flight is to LAX where we will meet up with my dads friend.

We left Sacramento around 7am and on our way to LAX.

We got to LAX around 8am and we met up with my dad’s friend family and we took the same flight together to Orlando. But first we had to go to Denver first and then to Orlando. It was a pain to fly three times that day, but it didn’t bother me at all.

The time we got to Orlando International Airport was around 6pm eastern time which was great from flying three times that day. The first thing we did was to get our luggage and get our cars. My dad accidentally got two cars instead on one because he forgot to cancel one of the dealerships when the trip was coming closer. So I was able to get a car for myself and it did made a big difference. But I will talk about that later on.

My family had two cars while my dad’s friend family had one car so in total we had three cars to use during this trip. We left the airport and we were on our way to the Sheraton Vistana Resort. I have stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort last year and it was great resort. I hope that my family and my dad’s friend family will like the place. But I can tell that they will like it a lot.

We got to the Sheraton Vistana Resort around 7pm and we got to check-in. This time we will be staying at the Cascade area while my DA and I stayed at the Spa area last year. I maybe need to get a map of where it was, but I will try to show it later on. The good thing is that my dad’s friend family was right next to us so we could walk on over to the room.

We head on over to the room and they were all impressed with the room. This time the room was completely different from the last one. It did have a master bedroom, two double bedroom, living room, a kitchen, washer & dryer, plus the two bathroom which was a master and standard bathroom. The design was way different from the one that I stayed last year. I am sorry that I didn’t have any pics until we left that day. So I might have to show them on the website.

When we got settled in, we need some supplies so we head on out of the resort and went to Wal Mart. It was nice to go to a store and get some supplies for our trip.

After getting our supplies at Wal Mart, we went to dinner and we decided to eat at Steak N’ Shake. It is a fast food restaurant that is only on the east side so I was happy to have lunch there as well as my dad. They really enjoyed the food at Steak N’ Shake and it was getting late so we head on back to the Sheraton Vistana Resort.

We got back to the resort and we decided to call it for the night. It was a long day of transferring flights and getting supplies that night. But it was good to have those products during the trip since we were hungry or thirsty while we were waiting at the room.

Day 1 – December 10, 2011 – Part 1

That Saturday morning everyone was still sleeping and I told my dad that I was going to the parks that morning. But my dad and my DB decided to go shopping that morning and my dad’s friend family was planning on going to Universal Orlando to see the Wizardy World of Harry Potter since they have a three day ticket. This is where the extra car comes into play since I can drive to the parks without using the other car.

So I head on out of the Sheraton Vistana Resort and I chose to go to the MK as the first park that day. I knew that going to the MK that day will be really busy when I first checked it out on Touring Plans and said to be a 9/10. So the first few hours will have to be really quick before the crowds come in.

I got to the Transportation and Ticket parking lot around 7:45am that morning and was close to ticket center. At least there weren’t too many people but I knew that I wouldn’t make the rope drop.

I went on the express monorail since it goes straight towards the MK instead of the resort line which goes to the hotels. I always like going on the resort line since I like to stop and go in the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian.

Monorail Teal on the Resort line

It took awhile for the next monorail on the express line to show up so I waited until another monorail showed up on the resort line.

This was not Monorail Orange since it doesn’t have the white deltas. It was actually Monorail Coral since I used the new one touch picture and you can see from the background that it was grey.

I got on the express monorail line which was Silver. Now I was back at the MK after a year long wait and was great to be outside the turnstiles.

Now at the front of the MS station and finding all the Christmas decorations around MS. The front entrance of MS at the MK and DL are completely different and the MK station is more decorated then DL MS station.

I head on inside MS on the left hand side which is where City Hall is located.

Inside the park, it was not that crowded that morning which is a good sign since I can get some pics of the Holiday decorations.

The Chamber of Commerce building

Now the wreaths on the building

MS Town Square

Candy Cane Garden which is also a meet and greet area for Santa

City Hall with its decorations

It was already 8:15am that morning

The Christmas tree at Town Square

Engine Co. 71 Firehouse with the decorations

I just kept going around Town Square to get a lot of pics and I will head on over to the Hub.

That’s it for this post since I am out of posts. I will get back to the post until I finish my DL TR from last month.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 11-05-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #25
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Great pictures Bret! The MK doesn't look too crowded this day. How was the temperature while you were there?

TK
Old 12-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #26
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

I had to get myself subscribed here because these TR's are next to impossible to find on the WDW side of the board when there are so many of them happening at one time and moving down the forum page at lightning speed!

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to move a thread from one forum to another on the WDW side of town but, if I am not mistaken, I think you have to send a PM to the moderator of this Pre-TR forum and ask him/her to move your thread or close a thread.

OR, since they have very specific forums for Pre-TR's, active TR's and completed TR's on this side, you could also just copy and paste all the actual TR stuff you have posted here into a new TR thread in the main TR section. In other words, ask them to close this Pre-TR thread out and then start the actual active TR in their designated TR section with the pictures, etc., you have already posted here.

I am always fascinated to see the WDW decorations since I am so familiar with DLR and its holiday celebration. I always come to the same conclusion - there are specific things or items at WDW that are better, and then there are certain things I like better at DLR. I like the wreaths on Main Street at the MK in WDW, for example. But some of the actual Christmas trees I prefer at DLR. I like the topiaries at WDW. I actually kind of like the look of our DLR Winter Castle at night better than the one at WDW (I just like the 'glow and sparkle' factor better on our Castle - don't kill me, WDW veterans!).

Anyway, thanks for putting in a plug for the Christmas Superthread, Bret, and for the Tree Quest and Wreath Quest. Between all of the hotels at WDW, as well as the 4 parks and the shops, restaurants, etc., a Tree Quest and Wreath Quest around WDW would be absolutely exhausting and daunting. It's tiring enough to take on at DLR! But if I ever get to go to WDW for the holidays, I will surely attempt the Quests even if I pass out in the process!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 12-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #27
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Love your photos. They are making me very excited to return to WDW next October. We haven't been since May 2009. Keep them coming.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Old 12-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #28
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Great pictures Bret! The MK doesn't look too crowded this day. How was the temperature while you were there?

TK
Thank you TK. The MK didn't look crowded that morning, but later on it was crazy. I will tell you about that later on during the TR. The weather was so great that morning. It was close to the mid 60s that morning. I wish I was still back in Florida since it is really cold here in Cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I had to get myself subscribed here because these TR's are next to impossible to find on the WDW side of the board when there are so many of them happening at one time and moving down the forum page at lightning speed!

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to move a thread from one forum to another on the WDW side of town but, if I am not mistaken, I think you have to send a PM to the moderator of this Pre-TR forum and ask him/her to move your thread or close a thread.

OR, since they have very specific forums for Pre-TR's, active TR's and completed TR's on this side, you could also just copy and paste all the actual TR stuff you have posted here into a new TR thread in the main TR section. In other words, ask them to close this Pre-TR thread out and then start the actual active TR in their designated TR section with the pictures, etc., you have already posted here.

I am always fascinated to see the WDW decorations since I am so familiar with DLR and its holiday celebration. I always come to the same conclusion - there are specific things or items at WDW that are better, and then there are certain things I like better at DLR. I like the wreaths on Main Street at the MK in WDW, for example. But some of the actual Christmas trees I prefer at DLR. I like the topiaries at WDW. I actually kind of like the look of our DLR Winter Castle at night better than the one at WDW (I just like the 'glow and sparkle' factor better on our Castle - don't kill me, WDW veterans!).

Anyway, thanks for putting in a plug for the Christmas Superthread, Bret, and for the Tree Quest and Wreath Quest. Between all of the hotels at WDW, as well as the 4 parks and the shops, restaurants, etc., a Tree Quest and Wreath Quest around WDW would be absolutely exhausting and daunting. It's tiring enough to take on at DLR! But if I ever get to go to WDW for the holidays, I will surely attempt the Quests even if I pass out in the process!
No kidding Sherry that these TRs on the WDW side are so hard to find if no one posts after a few days then the ones on the DL side. Luckily I have my WDW thread on my signature below so I could go to it and don't have to look for it.

I did send a pm to the moderators on the WDW side and ask them to move my pre-TR to the TR threads.

You are correct about that Sherry about the Holiday decorations at the DLR and WDW. There are a lot of different Holiday decorations that are different compare to DL and WDW. I compare DL and the MK at WDW is that the wreaths on the lamp posts at the MK are very nice compare to our DL which you can see a Mickey shape wreath. The trees are very nice at DL compare to WDW. The topiaries are so amazing. I will have topiaries up shortly on my TR. And for the castle which is the best is still SB Castle with all those different Holiday decorations then Cinderella Castle. Cinderella Castle is great with the icicles at night. SB Castle have the wreath, garlands and icicles of course. But I also like the snow on the turrets of the castle which is a great picture to take during the daytime.

You are welcome for putting a link to the DLR Christmas Superthread. The DLR is so amazing during the Holiday season as well as WDW. It would be almost impossible to get every tree and wreath at WDW. DL is a lot and it was fun to find as many trees and wreaths during my TR. So stay tune for more trees and wreaths at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Love your photos. They are making me very excited to return to WDW next October. We haven't been since May 2009. Keep them coming.
Thank you. I hope that you and your family have a great trip to WDW next month at WDW during the Halloween season. That is the next time I want to go back to WDW and see the Halloween decorations.

I will have the next update up tonight before I head to bed.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #29
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – December 10, 2011 – Part 2

Day 1 – December 10, 2011 – Part 2

I left off at MS Town Square getting some pictures of the Christmas decorations and now I am about to head on over to the Hub. But before I do that I had to get the Holiday decorations on the MS buildings. Luckily, the park wasn’t that crowded that morning, but I knew that it will be really busy with all these people later that afternoon. So I had to go through the MK as fast as I can before more people come in the park.

Now let’s get back to the TR. While I was taking pictures of MS Town Square, the Emporium store which is the main store just like DL have some great window display of Scrooge. One of the window displays was blocked that day but I did get it later on during my trip which will be another time.

After getting the window displays at the Emporium, now it was time to get all those buildings down on MS which are very nice to look. There were a lot of wreaths down MS.

The garlands on MS are very nice with the candle in the center of the wreath.

The Mickey shape wreaths are very nice on the lamp posts

Plaza Ice Cream Parlor with a large wreath on the sign

There was a mini show going right by the horse drawn trolley

Now was around the Hub. The Hub at the MK is way bigger then DL and doesn’t have too many trees which is a good thing to see Cinderella castle.

Some plants and trees with nice Christmas red colors

Here is one of the new one touch color pictures that is feature on my Nikon camera which is amazing to get one color and the rest grey.

Partners statue is always something I like to look at every time I am at the MK

Cinderella Castle

Cinderella Castle with only blue color

After getting some pictures around the Hub, I went on over to Tomorrowland. On the way, there were a Mickey and Minnie topiary which is a great picture.

That’s it for this post and I will get back to my adventures.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:40 AM   #30
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Wow .. loving all the great pics !!

Love the fact that there was NO crowd at MK ! The Christmas decorations are amazing too .. just beautiful !

Thankyou so much for sharing your vacation with us !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: