Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Unfortunately, my family STILL thinks I'm crazy..a double PTR. *6/6-Beating the heat?

Here we go again...

The eye rolls .
The sighs .
The bored, glazed over looks .

I knew it was bound to happen. At this point, I shouldn't even be surprised by it!

That's right--we booked another trip and the fact that I did so just put my family one step closer to throwing me in the looney bin. Seriously. I can't believe it didn't happen the last time we booked a trip. I don't know what I was thinking this time around. I'm certain that I will not actually make it to Disney this time because I will be stuck in a padded room courtesy of my family.

For the love of Disney, why did I even tell them?!? And because I had to open my big mouth and tell them about it, now I can't actually talk about it. Not that I could before anyway. Which is a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation anyway, if you know what I mean.

So what's my only option at this point? Write a PTR of course!!

This PTR will focus on highlighting not only what we will do on our trip, but also all the reasons why I might actually be crazy.....

....So if you've ever been accused of being crazy because you LOVE Disney...

or if you think you might actually be crazy because you LOVE Disney...

or if you LOVE Disney because you are crazy...

...then this PTR is for YOU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Introducing my partners in crime!

So am I really crazy? Let us count the ways...

According to my family, first and foremost I am crazy because...
Brainwashing or pure genius?
On two things I may agree with my family that I am slightly crazy.
Your making what?!?
You want WHAT?!?
How do YOU have adult fun at Disney??
Countdowns galore
You know it's a good day when...
HELP! Photopass ideas wanted!
Time for you to chime in...What would YOU do???
Countdowns, t-shirts and to do lists, OH MY!!
Can I have your autograph?
Things are finally starting to come together...
Park Plans--Finally!

Last edited by AKL LOVER; 06-06-2012 at 11:06 AM.
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
dilligaf212
Mouseketeer

Oh I can't wait to read lol.. How could they not be excited to go to Disney

dilligaf212 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I'm coming along for the ride.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
SDS33
Earning My Ears

Same here! I have decided to go on my first solo trip and when i explained to my mom what I was doing she said that I maybe shouldn't tell anyone because people will wonder why I am going without my children.

Just a little back-story... my children have been there several times, so i am not depriving them of a trip to see the Mouse. My husband does not want to go back and I tried to get him to go. He said to me that if I wanted to go that i could. That's where the solo part comes in

I always worry about what other people think, i always have. My husband tells me that I shouldn't. We haven't mentioned to his family that I am going because I am afraid of what they might say or think. DH said to me, "After all of the stupid things they have done, why would you care what they think?"

So, i am trying to take his advice. I want to enjoy my trip and I hope that you enjoy your trip also.
SDS33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Joining in and looking forward to another report!
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Totally here!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
nvsnot
Mouseketeer

Great start , I'm in !!!

June 7-14, 2011 TH Villas
nvsnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm in, and can totally relate...I texted my DH while I was at work today and asked "can we go to Disney in May AND September?" (I'm supposed to pick one or the other, as of now! ) To which he replied "this is insane, it's getting out of control." Whatever, I just want to go to Disney World!!!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
Robinh
Earning My Ears

I'm excited for you!

I can't wait to read more.

Last edited by Robinh; 12-18-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Robinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
Deemarch
DIS Veteran

All three!!!!

And I'm in again!!

Deemarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Wow guys! Thanks so much for all the traffic so far...and I haven't even really gotten a true post up yet!

But I'm not one to disappoint, so let's get this party started...

This trip includes just the 4 of us again. Myself, DH, DD7 and DS4 (he'll be 5 by the time we go). We most recently went in May 2011:

First there is myself, Melissa.

I work full time as a teacher--7th grade Life Science to be exact. I like to think that I took this job to make a difference, but deep down I think I took this job just to prepared for all the drama DD unleashes on our house on a regular basis (In case you are wondering, I have ESP so I totally knew that I would have a dramatic daughter before I even had her!). I'm the one that started the Disney-craze in our family. And I'm afraid it may die out without me...good thing I'm here to keep it going! It really amazes me at how much I learn about my family each time we go to Disney. I'm a little sorry to admit that I put very little time and planning into our first trip. In fact, if you can believe it, we booked at about 6 weeks out!! But the trip really turned out great and we immediately fell in love with Disney!

Next is my DH, JJ.

Lord, he would be so embarrassed if he knew this picture was posted on here!! (I posted a nice picture of me but a silly one of him because that's just how I roll!) I love DH to death because he continues to put up with my crazy Disney fits and he even get's into it himself sometimes. But don't tell him that I told you! I even have proof of this fact:

See?!? What grown man would do this if they weren't enjoying themself at Disney??

Then there is DD7.

While she can be a bit dramatic, she is generally a happy go lucky girl. She alsmost always has a smile on her face and is in a good mood. As she is getting older, she is definitely trying my patience. It just so happens that I have acquired a lot of patience in my 10 years of teaching so that works out really well for us.

Last, but definitely not least, is DS4.

He is such a mama's boy and I LOVE IT. He is so sweet and snuggily. Like every mom I hate that he has grown so big. It makes my heart ache. And is making me itch for another addition...but THAT is a totally different story! DS is currently at the perfect age for Disney. He just loves everything Disney. My family thinks I've brainwashed them, which really brings me to reason #1 of why my family thinks I'm crazy...

My KIDS now talk about Disney. Going to Disney. Rides in Disney. Disney characters. They will bring Disney up in a normal conversation around my family and the eyerolls have a tendancy to start. Hehehehe...I love it, I love it, I love it!!

Wow. I learned from this update that I really do love a lot of things! And now I leave you with a few pictures from our very first trip. Enjoy!

Continue to next update

Last edited by AKL LOVER; 12-29-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf212 View Post
Oh I can't wait to read lol.. How could they not be excited to go to Disney
They think I'm crazy for loving Disney and I constantly insist that they are crazy for NOT loving Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS33 View Post
Same here! I have decided to go on my first solo trip and when i explained to my mom what I was doing she said that I maybe shouldn't tell anyone because people will wonder why I am going without my children.

Just a little back-story... my children have been there several times, so i am not depriving them of a trip to see the Mouse. My husband does not want to go back and I tried to get him to go. He said to me that if I wanted to go that i could. That's where the solo part comes in

I always worry about what other people think, i always have. My husband tells me that I shouldn't. We haven't mentioned to his family that I am going because I am afraid of what they might say or think. DH said to me, "After all of the stupid things they have done, why would you care what they think?"

So, i am trying to take his advice. I want to enjoy my trip and I hope that you enjoy your trip also.
I just fessed up over the weekend to my family that I'm going down for a girls trip. I actually didn't get as much flack for it as I thought I would...I count that as progress!

Don't even worry about what your family thinks or about depriving your kids. I'm sure you deserve a solo trip--ENJOY it to the fullest!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in, and can totally relate...I texted my DH while I was at work today and asked "can we go to Disney in May AND September?" (I'm supposed to pick one or the other, as of now! ) To which he replied "this is insane, it's getting out of control." Whatever, I just want to go to Disney World!!!
This is almost exactly how my girls trip came about. DH thought 2 family trips would be too much (what do you mean you want to spend your 2nd week of vacation relaxing?!?) so I decided to take the other trip without them
Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #14
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in!

I try not to tell extended family when we're going back to Disney again, but Ben usually blabs it. Then he tells them how we own DVC and I cringe. I mean I love WDW, but I don't need every new person we meet to know just how nuts we are. If we had kids, we could blame it on them!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
dilligaf212
Mouseketeer

great update can't wait to read mre.. we just booked our flights today for our march trip

dilligaf212 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: