Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #76
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wld4mky View Post
Will not do
1- book shore excursions prior to boarding
Can you explain this one? Are there incentives or additional excursions to book once on board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presentation View Post
Really a great topic!
Will do again..
#5) Book any island tour / activity on our own.
Would you explain this one too? Are you saying you'd book personally and not go through Disney? Just curious why and how one arranges then?

============
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to my first Dream cruise in 2013.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:29 AM   #77
redsonja76
Mouseketeer

Will do:

RELAX.
Read more books.

Will not do:

Tea with Alice, it was really quite boring.
Book so many different things to do that we never really got to rest.
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #78
paraflier
Mouseketeer

Will do again

1. Remember that this is as much our kids vacation as it is ours.
2. Have dinner in the dining rooms each night as a family.
3. Grab a soda from deck 9 and head down to a lounger on deck 4 with a book.Ahh
4. Bring over the door shoe organizer.
5. Dress up for formal night.
6. Have a photo matte signed.
7. Spend time on the ship during a port day.
8. FE
9. Order room service. Yes sometimes a Mickey bar sounds good at midnight, along with a cheeseburger for the kiddos and some soup for daddy. (It's a wonder we didn't gain weight on our cruise)

Will do for 1st time

1. Palo for Dinner.
2. Get more photos done by Shutters.
3. Room service for breakfast. Seems like a good way to wake up and start the day rather than sleeping too late and having to rush to get to the buffet.

Won't do again

1. Freak out about seeing the shows before dinner.
2. Play Bingo.
3. Overpack...I'll be doing at least 1 load of laundry.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #79
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Can you explain this one? Are there incentives or additional excursions to book once on board?

Would you explain this one too? Are you saying you'd book personally and not go through Disney? Just curious why and how one arranges then?

============
Thanks everyone! Looking forward to my first Dream cruise in 2013.
I cant speak for the person who wrote those....
That i know of No there is not special incentives on board

And to book yur own excursion just look up where you and going on the net and many opportunities will come up
Old 12-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #80
aan1701
DIS Veteran

I am going to throw in a couple Will nots. I will not do laundry. I am on vacation and it does not feel like a vacation if I am doing chores. I will not book excursions indipendently. Last cruise I saw a group who almost missed their ship as their indipendently booked excursion was late. I overheard this at dinner as they were at the table next to us. If it were booked through DCL the ship would have waited. I will not complain about the weather. It is what it is. Finally I will not complain about rough seas. I have chosen to take my trip in the middle if the ocean, rough seas can be a part if it.
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:25 PM   #81
Cruella 66
DIS Veteran

Location: Two stars to the right and straight on until morning

I love all y'all's lists and have taken them to heart!

I bought photo mattes (2) and some different colored Sharpies. Where on the Magic do I take these? And do I put it all in a large envelope? Thanks! Cindy

P.S. and I won't play Bingo...I do remember that was a huge disappointment from our first cruise. It was so long ago I can't remember much else.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #82
luvs2cruise
Mouseketeer

Great thread! Subscribing
luvs2cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #83
disneydeb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingd_awn View Post
I pretty sure I ate everything but the cold cuts Oh and except for the pink cheese that remimded me alot of my kids thrown up chunky strawberry milk Sorry TMI

disneydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #84
5forDis
Mouseketeer

Our first family cruise is in April...this thread is so helpful to read. Thanks to everyone who is contributing for us newbies.

14 12 9

5forDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #85
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbaggott View Post
You know what I Would NOT do next time? I would NOT listen to DH when he suggests a short nap after dinner on Pirate night! On our last trip, we were all still so exhausted from 4 days in WDW then onto the Cruise. On Pirate night we all lay down for that nap and didn't wake up till after 10 pm!! errrgghhhh. We missed the WHOLE Pirate Party!
OMG - we did the same thing on our last cruise. If I am tired, I will lie down and take a nap next time.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #86
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella 66 View Post
I love all y'all's lists and have taken them to heart!

I bought photo mattes (2) and some different colored Sharpies. Where on the Magic do I take these? And do I put it all in a large envelope? Thanks! Cindy

P.S. and I won't play Bingo...I do remember that was a huge disappointment from our first cruise. It was so long ago I can't remember much else.
Toss everything into a large ziplock bag marked with your name and stateroom number. Then drop the bag off at guest services (it's a nice gesture to add a little "thank you" gift like a bag of candy or whatever, too!). You can let them know if you only want certain characters to sign and they'll accomodate you! They should bring your things back on the last night - but they MAY not, it's happened before - so don't forget about it! Maybe write yourself a post-it note or something to remind you to pick them up if they haven't brought them back. Easy!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #87
dizzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummum View Post
I'm sorry to hear you got dehydrated, that can really run you down.

Things I will do again
1. Once on board the ship and after lunch, do a hidden Mickey sacavenger hunt. We learned our way around the ship and saw the areas that are off limits (teen club, nursery, etc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafa View Post

oh yeah, another thing i would do again is order BLT's from room service-yummy! i think i ordered them 4/7 days on our recent cruise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post

Bring NYQUIL with you. and Dayquil. They don't have a great selection of meds on board at the gift shop.

Take Bonine starting the day BEFORE you cruise if you get sea sick. I found I didn't need to take it much and only did so on one other occasion on the cruise.

Order room service.

Watch the movies up on the Ariel Screen at night... it's sort of like watching a drive in movie, only at sea... Sometimes they show a Pirates movie, we had more nights so they showed other Disney movies as well.

I'm going to Palo... he's eating chicken fingers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwby22 View Post
let me give this a try...
First My List - DH 42
:
relax on deck 7 "secret" verandah
Go to the sports deck the first thing u do if u want to be alone cuz there is no one there
dont be always on laptop (it ends up being work and u dont want to work on vacation)
only go to the sail away party if this is your first disney cruise

thanks again ....still have a few left and then will post everything i lhave learned just all in one...

great treamill reading again tonight
Old 12-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #88
HawkeyeMickey77
Mouseketeer

Loving this thread! Subscribing!
My 1st Trip to the World-1/90, EuroDisney-6/93, WDW (DH's 1st trip!)-9/05, 1 day @ Epcot-3/09, 1st visit with my boys to WDW-9/09, WDW Solo 9/10, Birthday trip & 1st time to DL-1/11, Pre-Cruise Stay @ ASMu & DCL Dream Cruise-3/12, WDW Marathon Trip/POR-1/13, & Booked on the DCL Fantasy 11/13!
HawkeyeMickey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #89
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I cant speak for the person who wrote those....
That i know of No there is not special incentives on board

And to book yur own excursion just look up where you and going on the net and many opportunities will come up
Thanks!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #90
mackiemom3
Earning My Ears

First timer trying to catch up...

Thanks! Great thread, helps me to see it all cant be done on a % night crz but doesn't need to either! subscribing!! Will def not feel pressure to get to every show, every dinner, breakfast (thank you room srvc....No Bingo and bringing a case of our fav beer too!

Couple of questions r/t to this...First time crz scheduled for April.
Do the Bikes on CC have toddler seats attached?
What is the rainforest room? Is it on the Dream?
Do they have a CB on all crz?
What is a dummy date when booking on the crz?
Am I expecting too much to do a FE in concierge? Just saw we are behind a very high imposing gate.
I have been reading threads for months without figuring out these questions.

Love the air freshener for BR.
mackiemom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: