Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #1291
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Steve, glad things went well. Hope they gave you some happy pills to get you through the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbschafer View Post
Oh sweet lord of all that is good and peanut buttery (and I mean that in the literal way)...

I just discovered a GIANT bag of candy bars - Whoppers, Almond Joy and REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - that my wife apparently hid back around Halloween and then forgot about. I'm trying to decide what the statute of limitations is on this one.

If I start eating them is that theft given that they are "illegal" in the first place? Will she even be able to acknowledge if she notices they are gone? Do I steal them one at a time or just rehide the bag myself?
Illegal? No. Hide the bag? Yes. I discovered multiple giant bags of candy bars this afternoon when I was shopping for snacks at Publix. A bag each of Rollos, Nestle Crunch and Heath bars jumped in the shopping cart. Didn't have the heart to tell them they couldn't come home with me.

Trip prep update: Need to add a Dis Dad T to the bag along with a couple of other shirts. Snacks and drinks are placed near the door, batteries are charged and are in the holding area along with cash, tickets, keys, cameras and Dis event credentials. Can you tell i am ready to get out of here?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #1292
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

We spent some time in the Disney Gallery tonight. Here are a couple of quick pics.

Model of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

View into Carsland from Mickey's Fun Wheel

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2011, 10:43 PM   #1293
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTrike View Post
We spent some time in the Disney Gallery tonight. Here are a couple of quick pics.

Model of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

View into Carsland from Mickey's Fun Wheel
Carsland = 12 acres of fun. Radiator Springs Racers = 6 acres by itself. That mountain range they built is very, very impressive. I cannot wait to be able to ride RSR!

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 PM   #1294
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Chance meeting huh?

What was Christopher - a multiple DVC owner doing at Pop? Hmmmm....

Very cool though.
Not staying there on this trip, though I have stayed there on solo trips in the past. I was there for other reasons today. As I told Aaron, while we were chatting, our family did stay there many moons ago when my daughter was still small enough to be in the playyard thingy - but not since. #1 - our family doesn't fit - #2 my DW doesn't like it.

I wasn't actually planning on going by there at all, but then I thought twice and ended up going afterall. Partly to walk across the Generation Gap Bridge (wonder what they'll rename that) in order to see what I could of the progress on the new Art of Animation resort. And after a while of walking around, taking pictures, etc, I ended up over at the '90's section, and decided to go up to the 4th floor of the "Roger Rabbit" building (where my family stayed on that trip when DD was in the playyard), and passed a guy getting on the elevator as I was passing it from taking the stairs... who happened to look familiar to me. When he got off the elevator at the bottom, I called down - "Aaron?" He looked around, and then finally up when I asked if he was Aaron, and said I was stopher. So yeah - very much a chance meeting.

Here's a picture that I took while there...

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #1295
stopher1

And here's a picture with Eric (DEA) at the Magic Kingdom this evening...

This one wasn't really by chance - Eric and I were kind of stalking each other on FB (not really). He posted a pic from the Grand Flo, I had just recently been at the Grand Flo but was over at the Contemporary at that time. He asked if anyone was going on the MK monorail, I said I was headed to the MK... and so we ended up meeting up on Main Street.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:32 AM   #1296
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Just found on the DVC Board that they announced the Grand Floridian DVC resort. Scheduled to open in 2013. DD is going to love that news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Wooo Hooo....

I say he celebrates with some Rock Climbing.
maybe a trip to Boulder, CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Hey Guys!!!! Thanks so much for the prayers and well wishes an good thoughts today!!! It must have worked because as Chris told you all went well!! I appreciate Chris letting you know!!! Thanks Nemesis!!! I feel releived to just have it over withand not have to have stents, lithotripsy, or as Scott put it...roto rooter ! Now, to move on and enjoy the holidays!!! Glad to have such a good group of guys to be friends with!!
Glad to hear it was a success!

Quote:
Not quite what you have in mind probably but I liked this one.

My sister and her husband bought a moderate sized Disney puzzle (100 pieces maybe) then built it, turned it over, and wrote an announcement about the trip on the back. They then took it apart and put all the pieces in a bowl. The kids earned pieces for doing good things that were then transferred to another bowl. After a while they started catching on to the lettering on the back and knew something was up but still didn't guess until they had earned enough pieces to put the puzzle together and flip it over to see the message.
Very interesting... I think you can get custom puzzles made so you're announcement could be on the front side if you wanted. And maybe you hold back those "key pieces" to make sure they're the last ones.

Quote:
Oh sweet lord of all that is good and peanut buttery (and I mean that in the literal way)...

I just discovered a GIANT bag of candy bars - Whoppers, Almond Joy and REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - that my wife apparently hid back around Halloween and then forgot about. I'm trying to decide what the statute of limitations is on this one.

If I start eating them is that theft given that they are "illegal" in the first place? Will she even be able to acknowledge if she notices they are gone? Do I steal them one at a time or just rehide the bag myself?
I'll trade the box of christmas decorations and the bag of clothes I found yesterday for your bag of candy!!

We had an extra bag of candy from Halloween that we didn't ipen. I spent a week looking for it because I thought DW hid it from me somewhere. Eventually I gave up and casually worked it into a conversation one day... turns out she took it to work and donated it!!

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 12-09-2011, 04:27 AM   #1297
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Good morning guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Dave theduck, forgot to say anything but I'm at the JW Marriott until non Saturday for a conference. If you come through this part of town tomorrow, let me know
I will be at my office for a little while which is downtown. I'll text if I get close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Grimm had the pied piper on tonite. Good episode.
I started to watch one of those and my daughter was a little freaked out. Are they on Hulu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Not staying there on this trip, though I have stayed there on solo trips in the past. I was there for other reasons today. As I told Aaron, while we were chatting, our family did stay there many moons ago when my daughter was still small enough to be in the playyard thingy - but not since. #1 - our family doesn't fit - #2 my DW doesn't like it.

I wasn't actually planning on going by there at all, but then I thought twice and ended up going afterall. Partly to walk across the Generation Gap Bridge (wonder what they'll rename that) in order to see what I could of the progress on the new Art of Animation resort. And after a while of walking around, taking pictures, etc, I ended up over at the '90's section, and decided to go up to the 4th floor of the "Roger Rabbit" building (where my family stayed on that trip when DD was in the playyard), and passed a guy getting on the elevator as I was passing it from taking the stairs... who happened to look familiar to me. When he got off the elevator at the bottom, I called down - "Aaron?" He looked around, and then finally up when I asked if he was Aaron, and said I was stopher. So yeah - very much a chance meeting.

Epic

Quote:

This one wasn't really by chance - Eric and I were kind of stalking each other on FB (not really). He posted a pic from the Grand Flo, I had just recently been at the Grand Flo but was over at the Contemporary at that time. He asked if anyone was going on the MK monorail, I said I was headed to the MK... and so we ended up meeting up on Main Street.
Very nice.....he looks very familiar

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2011, 04:29 AM   #1298
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Norm, thanks for the Vero picks. Do you have any on of the room or inside the main buildings?

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 7/12/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2011, 05:24 AM   #1299
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Morning guys,

Will be dropping Crash off at school and then my better daughter at the vet. T-Minus 5 hours 36 minutes. Will check in before I leave.

Have a good day.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #1300
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:

Very cool....

Oh, and I was just teasing.... I believe ya 'bout the chance meeting.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 12-09-2011, 06:33 AM   #1301
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:

Also very cool...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 12-09-2011, 06:37 AM   #1302
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Morning' guys!

Stopher - awesome story and great pics! It's unbelievable how fate works!

CJ -have a great time. We're all counting on you!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 12-09-2011, 06:53 AM   #1303
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

You know it's going to be a great day off when you turn on the tv and "Dude, where's my car?" is on!

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 12-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #1304
jbschafer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Steve, glad things went well. Hope they gave you some happy pills to get you through the next couple of days.

Illegal? No. Hide the bag? Yes. I discovered multiple giant bags of candy bars this afternoon when I was shopping for snacks at Publix. A bag each of Rollos, Nestle Crunch and Heath bars jumped in the shopping cart. Didn't have the heart to tell them they couldn't come home with me.

Trip prep update: Need to add a Dis Dad T to the bag along with a couple of other shirts. Snacks and drinks are placed near the door, batteries are charged and are in the holding area along with cash, tickets, keys, cameras and Dis event credentials. Can you tell i am ready to get out of here?

Hmmm. It never dawned on me that she might have hidden this for the trip to the World next week. That's not her style though.

Oh, well, if they were for the trip we are about a dozen candy bars lighter now...
Me - Ben (DISDad #662) , DW , DD12 , DD9 , and DS5

12/1974, 12/1977, 12/1980, 12/1983, 12/1986, 10/1994, 7/1999 - Off Property, 6/2008 - POP and OP, 8/2010 - POP, 12/2011 - POP, 12/2012 - POP, 6/2013 - DL(OP)
Old 12-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #1305
DisDadDoc
DDC #403
Galactic Hero & Proud Aspie Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink View Post
[SIZE="3"]
So I got an email from D23 today since their selling gift memberships for CHRISTmas!! I looked at this briefly a long, long time ago and had no interest in joining then!! Looking again I see the price for the gold membership is now $74.99 and the silver is $34.99. The only difference between the two is that the gold gives you FOUR issues of the Disney twenty-three quarterly magazine!! $30.00 for four magazines seems a bit much to me!! However, at $34.99 the watch itself seems a bit appealing!!

So my question is are any of you D23 members, and if so is it worth it for either membership? I see mixed reviews, with some just being Disney fanatics and can't see past the fact that it's Disney!! Other's don't seem to feel that it has any real value and is just an expensive fan club with not a lot of perks!!

Your thoughts or recommendations???

Thanks Guys!!!
I got this for Christmas last year. The magazines are nice and really high quality (more like a paperback book), but IMO not worth it.

Quote:
Not quite what you have in mind probably but I liked this one.

My sister and her husband bought a moderate sized Disney puzzle (100 pieces maybe) then built it, turned it over, and wrote an announcement about the trip on the back. They then took it apart and put all the pieces in a bowl. The kids earned pieces for doing good things that were then transferred to another bowl. After a while they started catching on to the lettering on the back and knew something was up but still didn't guess until they had earned enough pieces to put the puzzle together and flip it over to see the message.
Ben, I love this idea, too! And I would start eating the candy and not admitting that you found it. Chances are your DW has been snacking and will wonder where the extra is going, but since she was sneaking it too, she'll never mention it! Ah, marriage!

Quote:

Very cool! Wish my work didn't block the pics. Guess I should be glad they don't block the site anymore...

Quote:
Morning guys,

Will be dropping Crash off at school and then my better daughter at the vet. T-Minus 5 hours 36 minutes. Will check in before I leave.

Have a good day.
You, too! Have an awesome trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Good morning guys
Morning, David!
Chris Dis Dad #403 DW DS(14) DS(13) DD(11)

As Kid: 1978 Polynesian - 1980 Polynesian - 1985 Off Property
As Dad: Apr 2006 Nick Hotel - Feb 2007 Nick Hotel - Dec 2008 GF/Poly -
Oct 2009 BLT - May 2010 GF - June 2010 BWV - April 2011 BLT -
Feb 2012 AKL - Mar 2012 YCR - Jan 2013 OKW - Feb 2013 BLT -
Oct 2013 Contemporary - Jan 2014 TBD
Closed Thread

Tags
beer, dads, ddc

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: