Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #796
danijake
Vegan Cupcake Baker Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR View Post
Another vote for the Quinoa Burger at Liberty Tree for your MK day. I am not vegan (ovo-lacto veg) but it was excellent... and house-made so it's different than the rest of the veggie burgers on property. I may have had them add cheese -- I am a bit of a cheese addict, embarassingly -- but it would have been fabulous without. Be aware, though, that lunch and dinner menus are different and the burger is only on the lunch menu (dinner is family style.)
Thanks for the suggestion. I've heard great things about the quinoa burger. I booked a reservation at the Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. Looking forward to it!

DL Sept. 2013 (Off-Site) . WDW Jan. 2012 (Pop Century) . WDW Dec. 2008 (Off-Site) . WDW Oct. 2005 (Pop Century) . WDW Nov. 1990 (Off-Site)
danijake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #797
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

This isn't a WDW related question, but i thought you might be able to help me..

for medical reasons i am now a vegan...
actually more restrictive than that - i also cannot eat any manufactured food at all...
not even frozen or canned vegetables..

anyway, since many of you have been vegans for years, i thought you might be able to point in the direction of a good website on the subject..
i don't know how to get the right amount of protein etc, now that i've eliminated dairy and eggs from my diet...

any good websites on the subject?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2011, 12:51 PM   #798
coltsfanatic
"I'm the sweetest vegan you'll ever meet."

Location: 80 Miles from THE Ohio State University, but Florida real soon!

There are really so many! One of my favorites is PETA's living website, but I also have used http://www.chooseveg.com/vegan-food-pyramid.asp to print out a vegan food pyramid. I have found veganism is all about balance, and also making sure to have foods with plenty of IRON, calcium and Vitamin B12. Trust me, if you run low on iron, you'll become very weak, mean and cold like I was before I did the research!
coltsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #799
Teresa Pitman
DIS Veteran

You might like my daughter's blog:

www.veganculinarycrusade.com.

She uses no processed foods. She has lots of recipes on her blog and links to other blogs that she likes as well.

Right now she's in India, doing cooking demos and workshops for chefs (she's a certified vegan chef). She heads to Thailand at the end of the month. So her latest posts have been about these travel adventures. If you search for recipes, though, you should find lots.

Teresa
Teresa Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #800
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfanatic View Post
There are really so many! One of my favorites is PETA's living website, but I also have used http://www.chooseveg.com/vegan-food-pyramid.asp to print out a vegan food pyramid. I have found veganism is all about balance, and also making sure to have foods with plenty of IRON, calcium and Vitamin B12. Trust me, if you run low on iron, you'll become very weak, mean and cold like I was before I did the research!
Thanks for the link! that's exactly what i'm worried about - being sure to get everything i need on what seems to be a limited diet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa Pitman View Post
You might like my daughter's blog:

www.veganculinarycrusade.com.

She uses no processed foods. She has lots of recipes on her blog and links to other blogs that she likes as well.

Right now she's in India, doing cooking demos and workshops for chefs (she's a certified vegan chef). She heads to Thailand at the end of the month. So her latest posts have been about these travel adventures. If you search for recipes, though, you should find lots.

Teresa
Thanks!! i'm going to check it our right now!!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #801
Amusement
Mouseketeer

Vegan CS options and Wishes Desserts?

Hello All!

My husband has become completely vegan since our last family trip to Disney World. We have our TS choices sorted out. I was excited to see the quinoa burger at LLT. That's new since out last trip, too and looks to be something a bit different.

Any opinions on the best vegan counter service choices at Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney?

Also has anyone done the Wishes Dessert Party as a vegan. I would love details on this as well.

Thanks for the help!
Amusement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #802
Momtomouselover
DIS Veteran

How do you go about getting a specially prepared meal for vegetarians? I made reservations at 1900 Park Fare hoping to get a "Chef TJ" meal but do I need to call ahead? Does he work on Fridays? We are only doing one special meal so I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for advice!
Momtomouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #803
Amusement
Mouseketeer

Captain Cooke's

Forgot to ask if Captain Cooke's at the Poly has vegan sushi available every day and if it is included on the dining plan?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #804
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amusement View Post
Forgot to ask if Captain Cooke's at the Poly has vegan sushi available every day and if it is included on the dining plan?
I was able to get cucumber rolls at Captain Cook's. And yes, they are on the dining plan but it was a CS credit for the sushi. I would suggest paying OOP of it.

HunnyJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #805
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtomouselover View Post
How do you go about getting a specially prepared meal for vegetarians? I made reservations at 1900 Park Fare hoping to get a "Chef TJ" meal but do I need to call ahead? Does he work on Fridays? We are only doing one special meal so I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for advice!
When we made ADRs for our last trip we were told that they were no longer noting the ADRs with vegetarian or vegan. We have at both check in and once being seated told the host/hostess and server that I am a vegetarian. If I think I might have a problem finding something to eat if the server does not offer I will request to have a chef come out to the table. It is particularly helpful at buffets if you are unsure of what is "safe" and what is not.

As far as Chef TJ goes the only suggestion I have is to try to call the restaurant directly and ask what days he works. Keep in mind those days could change prior to your trip.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #806
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

This upcoming trip will be the first time my husband and I try out a signature restaurant.. Looking to see if any of you have tried a signature restaurant in the past and if you have any suggestions. I know menus tend to change with the seasons so I'm not planning on relying just on the menus but more the overall experience and ambiance of the restaurant. Just based on looks we are quite taken by Artist Point (it reminds us of when we lived in Washington state) and we are intrigued by Jiko.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #807
cherylp3
Florida Resident

I've eaten at Artist Point before as a vegan - it was awesome. Haven't been to Jiko yet.

DVC Member Cruise 2003 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007
cherylp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #808
DCDisney
On my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amusement View Post
Hello All!

My husband has become completely vegan since our last family trip to Disney World. We have our TS choices sorted out. I was excited to see the quinoa burger at LLT. That's new since out last trip, too and looks to be something a bit different.

Any opinions on the best vegan counter service choices at Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney?

Also has anyone done the Wishes Dessert Party as a vegan. I would love details on this as well.

Thanks for the help!
We travelled with vegans and food allergy people. At DHS the Backlot Express has a grilled veggie sandwich that can be ordered without cheese. At DTD Fresh Apeel had a number of options and Babycakes is in the same space with all vegan baked goods. For the dessert party they do an allergy plate that can be done egg and dairy free with sorbet, a few cakes, fruit, and cookies.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #809
Amusement
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnyJar View Post
I was able to get cucumber rolls at Captain Cook's. And yes, they are on the dining plan but it was a CS credit for the sushi. I would suggest paying OOP of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
We travelled with vegans and food allergy people. At DHS the Backlot Express has a grilled veggie sandwich that can be ordered without cheese. At DTD Fresh Apeel had a number of options and Babycakes is in the same space with all vegan baked goods. For the dessert party they do an allergy plate that can be done egg and dairy free with sorbet, a few cakes, fruit, and cookies.

Thanks for the feedback! It really helps us sort some things out.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #810
danyella522
Mouseketeer

this thread is gearing me up!! 20 days until disney. We are doing 4 days @ wdw and then 4 days on dream.

anyone do a vegan disney cruise?

AKL January 2010
Poly May 2010
BLT January 2011
danyella522 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: