Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,085

Let's be Spontaneous... Jan. 2012! Now I need pants! (1/2)

Welcome!

I never imagined that I would be doing a PTR right now! A week ago this trip didn't exist!


Spontaneous is not a word that has ever been used to describe myself, or my husband, but here we find ourselves, planning a trip that is now only 34 sleeps away!

If you are interested in my love affair with Disney, there are links to 3 reports in my siggie. If you are interested in my love affair with my husband, read the January 2010 one

A bit about us:



This is me, I look like I am 12, act like I am 5 and get excited about... just about everything. I love to plan, but started this spontaneous shenanigans!



This is the husband. He used to think he was serious, and tough. Then he met me. His requests while on vacation - food, and beer sometimes. Josh enjoys having a plan, but is only passingly interested in the planning.



We will be heading to Disney January 9th, and staying till the 15th! With only 4 park days planned, this is going to be different kind of Disney for us!


How Did Two Boring People Become Spontaneous?


Keeping Secrets from The Husband...

We have to at least plan our meals... right?


Now with 100% less split staying!!

I need pants

Last edited by My sister's princess; 01-02-2012 at 09:27 AM.
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
hotveggy
Disney Lover
 
hotveggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 413

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Welcome!

I never imagined that I would be doing a PTR right now! A week ago this trip didn't exist!


Spontaneous is not a word that has ever been used to describe myself, or my husband, but here we find ourselves, planning a trip that is now only 34 sleeps away!

If you are interested in my love affair with Disney, there are links to 3 reports in my siggie. If you are interested in my love affair with my husband, read the January 2010 one

A bit about us:



This is me, I look like I am 12, act like I am 5 and get excited about... just about everything. I love to plan, but started this spontaneous shenanigans!



This is the husband. He used to think he was serious, and tough. Then he met me. His requests while on vacation - food, and beer sometimes. Josh enjoys having a plan, but is only passingly interested in the planning.



We will be heading to Disney January 9th, and staying till the 15th! With only 4 park days planned, this is going to be different kind of Disney for us!
We will be there the 9th to the 13th. Our first trip with kids, so spontaneous plans for us too!
__________________




1984- off site,1991- off site,1998- off site,1999- visiting friend on CP,2001- off site with college roomie
2002- ASMo (first trip with DH),2003- ASMo,5/2005- POR/Disney Wonder (Honeymoon),12/2005- POP
2007- SSR,2008- ASMo (Grand Gathering)
hotveggy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,085

you were quick! Welcome Hotveggy!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:28 PM   #4
Hollywoodhaha
After all this time? Always
Mad Hatter It's a love story, Baby just say yes
 
Hollywoodhaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mad as a hatter
Posts: 3,747

I'm here!
I am still sad that I will miss you there by a few days.
__________________

WDW College Program Alumni: Spring Advantage 2012 merchandise & Fall 2013 Space Mountain


Hollywoodhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #5
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodhaha View Post
I'm here!
I am still sad that I will miss you there by a few days.
YAY! I knew I could count on you!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,085

How about a little information on how this trip came to be!

We returned from the Mouse in June, even while there we were talking about when we would be back.

Us on our last trip



Joshua (often referred to as Joshy, much to his dislike) and I have been itching to visit Disneyland in California for a while now, and had been talking about planing a trip. We thought that May would a be a great time for us to make the journey. We are both graduating, and the spring is so nice!!! We then realized that with Josh job seeking after graduation in May, it wasn't a good time to plan a long trip!

So I was having a particularly unmagical day at work last week and started pricing... We could go, and get the military tickets, oh and look the crowds are low! I jokingly mentioned it to my boss who said that was a great time of year for me to take some vacation. One thing lead to another, a quick phone call to my sister (a DVC member) and we were booked to rent her points!!!!!!

This is by far the single most spontaneous thing that either of us has ever done. I work in financial aid, and Joshy is a National Guard soldier, who is finishing a criminal justice degree. Not exactly the wild type!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
1st86trip
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23

Thinking about the bride

We are working on planning our next trip to WDW for spring break. I was looking at pictures of Shades of Green and thought about the pictures we took of your wedding. I was wondering how you were doing and then I found your post for your next trip. I sent you congratulations for your first anniversary and so now I send best wishes for your second anniversary in January. Are you going to be there on your anniversary? We were at SOG for 2 nights last January and we will be there for 7 nights in March. As usual we will think of you while we are there. Best wishes, Connie and Jeff.
__________________
1986 Contemporary
1988 Grand Floridian
1990 Contemporary
1992 Beach Resort
1994 Shades of Green
1996 Wilderness Lodge & Shades of Green
1997 x2 Shades of Green
1999 All Star Music
2001 Shades of Green
2002 Shades of Green (at the Contemporary Resort during SOG remodel)
2004 Shades of Green Grand Reopening
2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Shades of Green.
1989, 1995, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2010 and 2012 Disneyland
1st86trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st86trip View Post
We are working on planning our next trip to WDW for spring break. I was looking at pictures of Shades of Green and thought about the pictures we took of your wedding. I was wondering how you were doing and then I found your post for your next trip. I sent you congratulations for your first anniversary and so now I send best wishes for your second anniversary in January. Are you going to be there on your anniversary? We were at SOG for 2 nights last January and we will be there for 7 nights in March. As usual we will think of you while we are there. Best wishes, Connie and Jeff.

OH! I was just telling someone about meeting you the other day!

We will be in the world for our anniversary! Thank you so much for your congratulations! Last year's anniversary was not a celebration, the DH's leave ended the next day, and I couldn't stop crying We figured a trip this year would make up for it!

Enjoy your March trip!!!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,085

I will be back with a big update today! I told the husband where we are staying for real, so now I can share lots of plans!!!!!
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
belleinpink
Mouseketeer
 
belleinpink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Camp LeJeune
Posts: 216

YAY!!!!!!
__________________
Me (Courtney, 23) DH (Tim, 26) DD (Disney 9/17/13) Jessie Earnhardt

Our Ever Changing Wishes PJ
belleinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #11
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,085

Here is a little something you should all know about me :
I don't keep secrets. I just can't.


I work in an office where confidentiality is extremely important, so I use all my secret keeping energy there. When I am home, there is nothing that I keep hidden.
I have never kept a secret from Josh, so the where we are staying was a bit of a story...

When we originally booked our trip there was NOTHING open except for Saratoga Springs. I booked away, figuring, hey we are going to Disney who cares!

Josh's weekend of Army drill was a different weekend than I thought it was, and I ended up having to move our stay by one day, in doing so, I had other hotel options!

I have kept this secret now for a few weeks, and just couldn't take it anymore!! Josh and I had both talked on and off about exchanging a present before Christmas..... So today I asked Josh if he wanted one of his presents early, and he said yes, and that he had one he wanted to give me early, so that I could use it!



Joshua had gotten me an Ursala ornament ( I LOVE the Little Mermaid) and I gave him our magical express tags.

My original plan had been to have him put the tag on the bag at the airport, because I had "forgotten". There were two issues with this:
1) I would NEVER "forget" to put tags on the bags. It is on the list of things to do
2) He wouldn't have read the tag. This was confirmed when he looked at the tags, and was confused.

So we will now be staying 5 nights at the Animal Kingdom Villas at Jambo, and one night at Saratoga!!

We will be staying in a studio with a Savannah view, and Joshua, who doesn't really care where we sleep is just as excited as I am
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #12
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer
 
disney4metoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Posts: 424

At least you can take a deep breath and exhale now that he knows. I am not good at keeping secrets either. I just get so excited, I want to spill the beans. Looking forward to your TR. You guys are going to have a fantastic time!
__________________
disney4metoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #13
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.
 
TooBoyz4us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: N.W. Georgia
Posts: 2,059

So excited for you!!!! I am dreaming of another trip for us...
Our last was in 2009.But, now that we will be paying for (4) adults instead of 2 adults-2 juniors,and add the fact that we are now paying college tuition .......well,its unlikely to happen soon ;-(

So, I will live vicariously through you my friend
__________________

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #14
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!
 
My sister's princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 3,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4metoo View Post
At least you can take a deep breath and exhale now that he knows. I am not good at keeping secrets either. I just get so excited, I want to spill the beans. Looking forward to your TR. You guys are going to have a fantastic time!

I am so glad I told him! It is good to have someone that understands

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
So excited for you!!!! I am dreaming of another trip for us...
Our last was in 2009.But, now that we will be paying for (4) adults instead of 2 adults-2 juniors,and add the fact that we are now paying college tuition .......well,its unlikely to happen soon ;-(

So, I will live vicariously through you my friend
Feel free, I do it to others LOL. That is the beauty of the internet, we can all keep each other going Glad you followed me over
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
AuroraSheasMom
Earning My Ears
 
AuroraSheasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West GA
Posts: 57

Y'all with love AKL. It's so beautiful. My only regret about our stay there is that we were so busy in the parks that we didn't get to really enjoy he resort as much as we wanted. You are just immersed in the safari theme. The animals, the food, the music, even the cosy seating area off the lobby. Have a great trip! I'm going to try to start planning my graduation trip over break and your PTR and soon TR are a great source of excitement and inspiration!

And maybe you two will bring home a little 'souvenir'
__________________
1st trip ALSMO August 2002
2nd trip POR & AKL June 2006
Next trip....When Mama gets a teaching job!
AuroraSheasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.