Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #46
marie1203
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Wow, you've charged $60,000 on your Disney Visa in 8 months?
I don't see how is anyone's business how much i charged to my cc in the past. As i said before we got a 3x the points promotion and I pay for my sister college tuition on it and my dad reimburses me the money.

Last edited by marie1203; 12-03-2011 at 08:13 PM.
marie1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #47
ilovebassets
Animal Kingdom fanatic!

Haven't read the whole thread, but rewards credit cards can be fantastic. We put literally everything we can the AMEX blue cash card which turns about to be about $45,000 a year. We roughly earn 1.25% back in cold cash which can be used for absolutely anything we want with no restrictions since it just gets applied as credit to our account. We pay off the balance in full each month. No annual fee. That means earning an extra $550 a year for basically doing nothing. That's pretty powerful.
Jan 2016 - Southern Caribbean on the Wonder
ilovebassets is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #48
MELSMICE
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be such fun for everyone, Hi Ho, Hi Ho!
Don't look now but the Tag Fairy is behind you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebassets View Post
Haven't read the whole thread, but rewards credit cards can be fantastic. We put literally everything we can the AMEX blue cash card which turns about to be about $45,000 a year. We roughly earn 1.25% back in cold cash which can be used for absolutely anything we want with no restrictions since it just gets applied as credit to our account. We pay off the balance in full each month. No annual fee. That means earning an extra $550 a year for basically doing nothing. That's pretty powerful.
DH uses an AMEX for his business. It gives travel reward dollars which can be used for any kind of travel expenses, airfare, hotel stays, rental cars, etc. No restrictions.

Additionally, I have the SW Visa for my business which we get airfare points with and we have the Disney Visa for ourselves to accrue some extra spending money for our Disney trips.

DH & I DD24 DD21 DD21
MELSMICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #49
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran

Another thumbs up for the Starwood Preferred Guest Amex! We used our points to stay near the Anaheim Convention Center for the D23 Expo last summer. 60,000 SPG points gave us 5 nights and 50,000 airline miles. We used another 1,000 points per night to upgrade to the Club Floor, which gave us a continental breakfast and hot hors d'oeuvres with beer and wine in the evenings. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #50
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

For those of you that love and shop at Costco, their AMEX card is in my opinion a very good deal! They pay 3% on gas, 2% on travel and 1% on everything else, including purchases at Costco. That is in CASH. You do have to have an Executive Membership at Costco which costs $100.00 or I guess $110.00 for 2012. Costco, in addition, gives you 2% back on purchases. So this year we got back $155.00 from Costco which paid for our membership+ and about $550.00 from AMEX. I expect a bit more from AMEX this year. We are VERY middle class with only one income. I just put everything I can on AMEX and what won't go there goes on Disney Visa.

I love AMEX for customer service! If you have ever had to dispute a charge, they are the most helpful and their extended warranty programs are wonderful.

I do have to say the obvious here...This only works if you pay off the entire balance each and every month.
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free night, hotel, money savings

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: