Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #871
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

APRIL 18, 2010
Day 8, Part 5 In Which We Are Trapped High In The Sky

It was getting late and we wanted an awesome spot for Spectro, so we headed out of Epcot and onto the monorail. At this point it was drizzling, but after we boarded it started to pour.

There was a monsoon going on outside this monorail.

I was officially in a very UN-Disneyish mood. I made a dumb mistake in scheduling two of my favorite things, Spectro and Wishes, on the last night of our trip. I didn't even think about the weather, and now we were facing a possible cancellation with no more chances to see these shows. Total disaster.

As the rain came down harder, I really felt like crying. My mom started saying things like, "Oh God, it's really coming down out there. I don't know how long I'm going to last." I shot her "THIS IS OUR LAST NIGHT AT DISNEY AND SO YOU ARE GOING TO LAST UNTIL THEY ARE DRAGGING US OUT BY OUR HAIR" looks, but secretly I also wasn't thrilled about traipsing around the Magic Kingdom soaking wet all night either. Our amazing night of Spectro, Wishes, and gallivanting around the MK until 3am that I had planned was going south pretty quickly.

You know what made things a lot worse? The fact that we were on the monorail. Usually being on the monorail is one of the #1 things in life that brings me joy, but this was a whole other situation. It was raining HARD, and thundering. Disney's highway in the sky kept making noises that I really did not care for.

And then we stopped.

IN THE MIDDLE OF FREAKING NOWHERE.

Thrill seekers: Look no further than the monorail in a storm.

You know how the monorail that goes from Epcot to the MK (or vice versa) travels along the highway, kind of in the woods? It's a pretty long ride. Really long compared to the monorail that circles the MK. In the dark, pouring rain it seems REALLY REALLY LONG and when it stops in the middle of the woods in the dark, pouring rain with thunder clapping constantly, it's pretty terrifying.

Then - and I know this sounds crazy - I'm almost positive the monorail was tilting to the right a little bit.

At this point I started wondering how the world would hear the news of our deaths.

I swear... we were sideways.

Either that or my brain was.

Or both.

The point is... I was very upset.

I posted on twitter:
Um.. So. Our monorail is STOPPED. Freaking me out. A bit. 8:09 PM Apr 18th via txt

Monorail Voice Guy kept assuring us we would continue moving shortly, and sure enough after about 10 minutes we kept going. During this time, the rain had slowed down a LOT. I guess when the weather gets really bad, they just stop the monorail.

After we started moving, the rain stopped completely! Disney Magic at its finest, my friends. The change in my mood was quite a sight to see. We weren't lying in a firey monorail wreck in the middle of Disney World and ON TOP of that, Wishes and Spectro were not going to be canceled!

The change in my mood was quite extreme. I was giddy as could be. I was acting a fool, giggling and carrying on with my mom. I was so overtired that I just couldn't help it anyway, but I had also decided that instead of being sad that it was our last night at Disney, I was going to enjoy every second and have the time of my life. And I really did.

I tweeted:
The Magic Kingdom is open til THREE. IN THE MORNING. I'm dead. I'm dying. I'm dead. I died. I'm dead. 8:35 PM Apr 18th via txt

And then the monorail stopped again. Please don't ask me WHY. It was less scary because we were right by the MK and there was no rain and such, and so I did not let it put a damper on my mood.

After the longest monorail ride of all time, we were finally at the Magic Kingdom!

We didn't want to stake out spots for Spectro just yet, so we went wandering around Main Street a bit.

We went into the shop that has this phone in it:

I can't remember which shop it is, but I think it's the one to the right of the Confectionery, near the hats. If you pick up this phone, you can hear people having a conversation. It's funny because I usually go out of my way to find that kind of stuff at WDW (I have endless lists of hidden stuff in the parks), but I had totally forgotten about it until right then! As soon as I saw the phone it clicked, though. I picked it up and smiled. I love things like that.

We stopped in the Confectionery where I thought this Nemo display was very cute:

My mom's socks had gotten pretty wet (in fact, I was fully soaked but I didn't really care) and she was really uncomfortable, so we found her a cute sock set. I forgot to snap a picture, but they were just plain white socks, only one pair had Mickey embroidered on them and one had Minnie. She still wears them all the time!

I saw these Grim Grinning Ghost dolls that I loved! The one on the right is downright scary, I would not want that in my room at night!

I also wanted to buy basically all of these characters:

At this point, it was 20 minutes to Spectro and the crowds were picking up. Still, we were able to find a front row spot across from the Confectionery. I will never understand people who line up 90 minutes prior. I guess it's because we always go during moderate/low crowd times, but the only thing at Disney I find you need to wait a long time ahead for is Fantasmic. Just my experience-- don't go by what I'm saying if you take your trips in July!

We spread out our Disney shopping bags on the pavement so that our butts wouldn't get wet and waited for the show. Before we knew it, we were hearing that beautiful music!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #872
__disneygirl

Boy, was I camera happy during Spectro! Here's the audio of the parade so you can listen while you look and get in the Disney mood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkvG70K8oIs&NR=1

On this magic night...

I do not care how old I get, I always tear up when I see Mickey in person. And plus, it's everything. Spectro Magic is a lot for us Disney diehards. It's the music and the light and the Magic Kingdom and there he is.... MICKEY MOUSE! It never fails. God, I love Disney.

GENIEEEEEEEEEE OOOOOOFFFFFF THEEEEEEEE LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP!

Is it just me or does he look like Lumiere?

I love Chip and Dale. I have to remember to watch those Christmas shorts that they're in before Christmas is over.

This is one of my favorite floats. It's just outrageously beautiful, and this picture in no way does it justice!

FLOTSAM JETSAM NOW I'VE GOT HER BOYS

THE BOSS IS ON A ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL

ARIEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY IDOL

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]CONTINUED IN NEXT POST
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #873
__disneygirl

Gideon got a bit too close there!!

MY OTHER IDOL WAVING AT ME BUT DON'T WORRY IT'S NO BIG DEAL. I DON'T KNOW IF YOU'VE HEARD OF HER BUT SHE OWNS SOME PRIME REAL ESTATE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD

Sigh. Where is my prince?

I hate when it ends! I have to say, though I am really excited to finally see the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade, I am going to miss seeing Spectro so so so much. MSEP reminds me of my childhood trips, though, so I'm really looking forward to that too. I wish I could see both!

I posted on twitter:
Spectromagic... No words... I'm a kid again... It rained all over the kingdom but no one felt a drop 9:35 PM Apr 18th via txt

=)

Up next: BLOOD!!!

Last edited by __disneygirl; 11-29-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #874
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Definitely camping outside of CBJ. Should I bring a folding chair?

I LOVE THAT TOO. I was actually just telling someone else how we're like this cult of people that can be identified by our crocs. P.S. I am SO jealous of your pink ones. They didn't have pink at Everything POP that night when I needed my Crocs and I can't really justify buying another pair of them when I've only worn my other ones for like two days. I probably will anyway though I mean, whatever. SIX DAYS!!
Yes, you should definitely bring a folding chair. I'd also suggest throwing some fried chicken in your bag because people do that now apparently.

SIX DAYS!!! NEW UPDATE!!!

YIKES! I can only imagine the panic attack I would have if stuck on the monorail during a thunderstorm. It would not be pretty.

A front row spot 20 minutes before Spectro? GET OUT OF TOWN. Can you feel my jealousy through the computer? I've really gotta start going during the off-season.

I miss Spectro so much. Your pictures are making me so sad. MSEP is cool and all, I guess, but it's no Spectro. Fingers crossed that they bring it back for my summer trip. I should probably write letters or something...
Old 11-29-2011, 06:38 PM   #875
duckylady
Mouseketeer

Ugh I just love Spectro so much. I've never seen the Main Street Electrical Parade, though, so I'm excited to see that next time we go.

Oh man, I'm surprised you kept your cool when the monorail stopped! I would have freaked out for sure.

EEE SIX DAYS I COULD JUST IMPLODE WITH JEALOUSY. You're going to have such an awesome time!!!
february 2009 - coronado springs.
march 2012 - pop century.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #876
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

OH NO STUPID RAIN! That is so sad. I want to cry for you... I can feel your pain.

Oh my God.... tipping over on the monorail is a huge fear of mine. Well... it used to be when I was little. I love it so much, but getting stuck is just plain FREAKY. Holy cow I would have probably freaked out.

WOW AND THEN THE RAIN STOPPED?!?! This is like a movie. Happy endings DO come true

SPECTROOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOUUUU!!!

Yeah that guy looks like a combination of Lumiere and Jafar! That's a little frightening.

Seeing Cinderella and Prince Charming in SpectroMagic just made me tear up every time. THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL! And I know... WHERE'S MY PRINCE TOO!?! They just don't make them anymore. True Life: I wish my life was a Disney movie and I was a princess. Legit.

Those pictures made me VERY happy. Thank you.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:55 AM   #877
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

Stopped in the rain, in the forest. How Jurassic Park...

Me DW DS 13 DS 7 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #878
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Yikes! Getting stuck on the monorail is scary enough for me..but to be stuck during a thunderstorm!

On this magic nnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhh hhtttttttttttt... I sing along, LOUD.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:58 AM   #879
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Spectro: Best. Parade. Ever.

If I wish hard enough, they will bring it back. I do believe in Spectro. I do! I do!

Until then, I have your photos.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:15 PM   #880
__disneygirl

FIVE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading everyone! Five more days and I am home again! And then it's time for an all new TR! I can't believe this one is almost over and I WILL BE AT DISNEY 5 DAYS FROM NOW! It still doesn't feel real! I really can't believe it and I feel like crying every time I think about it! Sometimes I do tear up... I am just so happy to be finally heading back to my happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
Yes, you should definitely bring a folding chair. I'd also suggest throwing some fried chicken in your bag because people do that now apparently.

SIX DAYS!!! NEW UPDATE!!!

YIKES! I can only imagine the panic attack I would have if stuck on the monorail during a thunderstorm. It would not be pretty.

A front row spot 20 minutes before Spectro? GET OUT OF TOWN. Can you feel my jealousy through the computer? I've really gotta start going during the off-season.

I miss Spectro so much. Your pictures are making me so sad. MSEP is cool and all, I guess, but it's no Spectro. Fingers crossed that they bring it back for my summer trip. I should probably write letters or something...
Fried chicken has been added to my packing list!

April isn't even the off season, it's what they call "regular" so I guess it's supposed to be medium crowds. I am so excited to see what it is like IN FIVE DAYS WHEN I AM THERE since early December IS actually off season.

I miss Spectro too I know they originally kept saying they would def bring it back but they also said MSEP was just supposed to run for the summer of 2010 so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckylady View Post
Ugh I just love Spectro so much. I've never seen the Main Street Electrical Parade, though, so I'm excited to see that next time we go.

Oh man, I'm surprised you kept your cool when the monorail stopped! I would have freaked out for sure.

EEE SIX DAYS I COULD JUST IMPLODE WITH JEALOUSY. You're going to have such an awesome time!!!
Thanks, but I didn't really keep my cool. I'm good at ACTING like I'm keeping my cool while in my head my life is flashing before my eyes LOL.

Five days now!!! I'm freaking out!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
OH NO STUPID RAIN! That is so sad. I want to cry for you... I can feel your pain.

Oh my God.... tipping over on the monorail is a huge fear of mine. Well... it used to be when I was little. I love it so much, but getting stuck is just plain FREAKY. Holy cow I would have probably freaked out.

WOW AND THEN THE RAIN STOPPED?!?! This is like a movie. Happy endings DO come true

SPECTROOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOUUUU!!!

Yeah that guy looks like a combination of Lumiere and Jafar! That's a little frightening.

Seeing Cinderella and Prince Charming in SpectroMagic just made me tear up every time. THEY'RE SO BEAUTIFUL! And I know... WHERE'S MY PRINCE TOO!?! They just don't make them anymore. True Life: I wish my life was a Disney movie and I was a princess. Legit.

Those pictures made me VERY happy. Thank you.
Yeah, it was very scary but then the pixie dust went to work and the rain stopped! I wish things cleared up that easy in real life... only at Disney!

haha He does kind of look like Jafar too! Sooo weird. Must have been the same animator.

They make me tear up too! Someday our princes WILL come... I hope. Sigh.

You're welcome! Thank you for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
Stopped in the rain, in the forest. How Jurassic Park...
Yes EXACTLY. I do not want anything that has happened in Jurassic Park EVER happening to me at ALL especially when at Disney World. Well, I would like to hang out with Jeff Goldblum but that's IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Yikes! Getting stuck on the monorail is scary enough for me..but to be stuck during a thunderstorm!

On this magic nnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhh hhtttttttttttt... I sing along, LOUD.
Hey Tinkgurlfriend!!! Missed you over here!!! You must be sooo excited for your wedding and Disneymoon! I am so happy for you!

haha I always sing along too. How could ya not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Spectro: Best. Parade. Ever.

If I wish hard enough, they will bring it back. I do believe in Spectro. I do! I do!

Until then, I have your photos.

I will wish with you!! All we need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #881
__disneygirl

FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

... etc.

Also, last night I finally met one of my favorite actors ALAN RICKMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is the post on my blog about it if you are interested (warning there is some very unDisneyish language in that post and on my entire blog... FYI!): http://t.co/TtlfarQW Also check out my twitter cause I posted about it like 700 times: http://www.twitter.com/babybritney It was just one of the most wonderful things ever and I am still shaken up by it and just so thrilled and happy and I can't believe I'm going to my happy place in four days and I get to have even more amazing things happen!!!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #882
__disneygirl

APRIL 18, 2010
Day 8, Part 6 In Which We Read An Effing Book For Once

My mom and I wanted to go to the bathroom before Wishes, so we went to the ones on the left of Main Street right when you enter the park.
Inside, I saw this machine:

Hmm. I know what they mean by napkin, and I know what a tampon is, obviously. But... shield?

Uh... hey, look, my time of the month is never exactly a pleasant experience, but never have I required a SHIELD.

For THAT.

Ahem.

So onto the next bizarre moment of the evening, because it wouldn't be a MCLOVIN report without weirdness happening constantly.

When we came out, we were pretty horrified by what we saw.

BLOOD.

There was blood!

BLOOD! AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM.

It was on one the benches and a bit on the ground. There were a bunch of CMs, a large RED toolbox that looked like some kind of super disinfecting kit, and they had tape up that said HAZARD.

No idea what the heck happened but it was disconcerting, to say the least.

BUT the McLovins were not going to let a little blood deter them. No sir, not us! So we tried to ignore the crime scene because it was now time for WISHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We walked down Main Street more toward the castle and stopped near the crowd. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy being captivated beyond reason and crying hysterically. As you probably know by now, Disney World makes me cry about 80% of the time, but Wishes is a whole other level of just waterfalls flying down my face. My mom tried comforting me but there is no stopping the epic cryfest that is me watching Wishes. It's one of my favorite things in the whole entire universe and oh my God, I cannot wait to see it again. When they change it, I will never recover. I think my favorite part is when all the characters are saying their different wishes, OH MY GOD I barely survive it every time.

Twitter update:
I can never stop the tears during Wishes...or after... I can't stop crying 10:32 PM Apr 18th via txt

Moving on!

It was now time for us to conquer the Kingdom like never before. It was open until THREE IN THE MORNING!!!!!

I had been waiting for this moment since they started doing EMH. It never worked out right during our trips, but this time? I was staying until the cleaning crew mopped me up. Period.

Twitter update:
Ok Lia, come on now. Time for non-stop Magic Kingdoming until THREE AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhasdhjbssu 10:34 PM Apr 18th via txt

First, we headed to Tomorrowland. Now, as it was, there were barely any people around and EMH had barely started. I couldn't wait to see the ghost town that 2-3 AM was going to be.

Space Mountain's wait was still around 20 minutes, but everything else in Tomorrowland was a walk on. After hitting the TTA, we went on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin where we got stuck right here:

for about 15 minutes. I wasn't surprised, because I always seem to get stuck on this ride. I swear, they secretly made this ride when the park opened in 1971 because not only do the laser pointers barely work, I ALWAYS get stuck on it. Notice the room we were stuck in though. It's the one with the starry ceiling where everything is kind of spinning and stuff is shooting back and forth. Try being in there for five minutes, never mind 15. We pretty much felt drunk by the time we got out of there, which on top of our extreme fatigue from a VERY busy 8 days, made every single thing that happened absolutely freaking hilarious. I won't even try to explain half of it, it was "you had to be there" kind of stuff.

We did Stitch's Great Escape:

I love this ride/show/whatever it even is. I mean, it's not that great, it's just that I love Stitch so much. Also, my mom and I were tired/drunk because of the starry ceiling on Buzz, so we found the whole thing to be uproariously funny. I seriously think we just giggled the entire time. Actually just a sidenote.. even though I do love Stitch's Great Escape, it kind of annoys me that Stitch didn't get a better attraction. I think that movie is so underrated. It's so rooted in love and family and I think it's beautiful while also being funny and silly. Also, it's fun for boys and girls whereas a lot of other great Disney films are very geared toward girls. I don't know why Lilo & Stitch isn't a bigger deal is what I'm saying. I would love a crazy Stitch coaster/dark ride or something. They were pushing Stitch SO hard when that movie came out, they must have some better attraction ideas. Hmmm.

By this time, Space had a 10 minute wait, so we rode that once and then headed to something I was SO excited for, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. I LOVE the movie Monster's Inc. It's not just one of my favorite Disney movies. It is one of my all-time favorite movies. It makes me crack up laughing and, you guessed it, cry hysterically at the end. I had only seen the Laugh Floor once, and my mom had never, so I was really excited to experience it with her.

Naturally, she fell asleep during it.

It was one of those things where we were both so delirious that nothing really mattered. One second we were cracking up at one of the jokes and the next she was out like a light.

So I woke her up, and she fell asleep again.

At that point, I let the gal sleep. Hey, it was like midnight we were going until 3. So I let her have her break. It was hilarious, the entire theatre was cracking up and clapping and there's my mom, deep in slumber. Needless to say, I love her.

Here are some pics I took before the show began (LOVE that queue):

We headed out of Tomorrowland back to Main Street because our bellies were in great need of ice cream.

Oh hey, remember that time there was like one person at Disney World besides us?

Half cookies and cream, half mint chocolate chip! I just couldn't decide between the two. And why should I? This is Disney World, baby! If I want an entire Rugrats style Ice Cream Mountain I should get one. Also, I have to say the cookies and cream they serve here is the best ever. I don't even really eat it elsewhere anymore, it's become a Disney thing.

My mom and I took our ice cream to one of the seating areas near Casey's and proceeded to act like imbeciles.

But I mean, what did you expect from us at this point?

The hilariousness of what happened next, I cannot even begin to explain.

Because we are inappropriate, we started quoting basically the entire movie of Superbad. And BURSTING into absolute hysterics after every line.

You know, naturally this would happen. You're in the Magic Kingdom, the castle is all lit up, you've got the area music flowing around you, the warm Florida weather, you're sitting at Casey's... and you start quoting McLovin.

I know we're not the only people that do this so do not even try and act like you are not familiar with going through the Superbad script word for word at 12:30AM in front of the castle.

We both laughed until we were literally crying. At one point we realized, this is Disney World, we should keep our voices down.

And then we laughed even harder. It's the little things. Or in this case... the inappropriate things.

Twitter updates:
That was priceless...my mom& I eating ice cream in front of the castle quoting Superbad and laughing so hard we couldn't breathe 12:40 AM Apr 19th via txt

"Why the [expletive] would it be between that or Mohammad? Why couldn't you just pick a common name like a normal person?!" 12:42 AM Apr 19th via txt

"Mohammad is the most common name on earth, read a [expletive] book for once." 12:42 AM Apr 19th via txt

UP NEXT: "The Magic Kingdom is basically ours."
Old 12-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #883
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Yeah, it was very scary but then the pixie dust went to work and the rain stopped! I wish things cleared up that easy in real life... only at Disney!
I know EXACTLY!! But it's wonderful that we have a place to escape every day life and go somewhere that is as close to perfection as possible!

It really is a shame for people who don't understand the pure happiness Disney can bring. I have a little rant to go on because this experience sort of scarred me.... But I had an encounter with someone who had VERY strong opinions on Disney today. And they were negative opinions. For example, how the college program is Disney's use of cheap labor, and how disney is all nice and fluffy but it is NOT reality, how they only care about their appearance and basically how the company was corrupt. I felt like I was being attacked.. and this woman didn't even know how harsh her words were. Sooo yeah I was pretty scarred. But you know, coming onto disboards, reading these posts, and remembering why I love it so much reminds me how Disney EXISTS. And no, it's not every day life, we all know that. But it's not fake either. The magic is real and can be carried on. It just is the most amazing place and no where else could EVER measure up. That lady just must have been jealous

Quote:
They make me tear up too! Someday our princes WILL come... I hope. Sigh.
They WILL. Don't worry! I think we just have to believe, and when we least expect it, things will fall into place! We're still young. We have time. Might as well wait it out for a prince... or someone who comes close to that.

Congrats on meeting your favorite actor! That must have been an AMAZING experience!! Seeing your tweets about meeting him and going to Disney in a matter of days just makes me SO happy! So many good things.

Oh EW. Blood. That is really not a pleasant sight. Just thinking about the scenarios of what would have happened... AHH.
^^And this is why I could NEVER go into a medical field.

Oh my God... I can only imagine you seeing Wishes on your next upcoming trip. The waterworks will be unstoppable!!

3 am Magic Kingdom is CRAAAZY! I love those nights.

I think Stitch's Great Escape ruined Stitch's reputation. Which is a HUGE shame I used to be OBSESSED with Stitch... like I think 50% of my Disney pins have stitch on them. (and trust me, I have A LOT of pins hahaha. But they're all from when I was 12-13) And when that movie came out.. I was OBSESSED. I wanted to go to Hawaii SO BAD (that still hasn't happened yet though LOL), I used to listen to Elvis music, I had the computer game, the dolls, and the soundtrack! But sadly, Stitch just doesn't get his recognition anymore and some people just don't like him. I DON'T GET IT HE'S CUTE AND FLUFFY! I love him... and you do too which I am VERY happy about. They should just close down stitch's great escape and make something better.

HAHAHA I wish they would have put your Mom on the big screen while she was sleeping!! That would be SO funny to have her wake up and have the monsters talking to her.

ICE CREAM. I want it. I really want to try that one from the crepe stand in France you talked about a while back. I can't stop thinking about it. It's near the top of my snack list!!

Hahaha I love hilarious moments like that!! Ahh I'm so excited to hear about the rest of the night!

Sorry for the long comments... again.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #884
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

HELLO! Ok so I'm VERY late. But I've been hearing a lot about your TR so I decided I'd just dive in and read the thing. (Oh and I also read your PTR... ) I'm SO glad I did because they're both so funny.
So if you don't mind, I'm just gonna leave a (most likely very long and blab-like) comment.

So on your PTR... the story about your aunt and how she ate the guy's french fry? SO funny. Oh my gosh that had me laughing so much. I can't even imagine how I would handle that situation on either side of it but man, that would have been hilarious to watch.

I know exactly what you meant about DAY 0! The day before you leave is always like frantic excitement but relaxing and happiness and kinda sad that you know you have to leave at some point after you get there... ALL at once. It's crazy but it's awesome and it definitely feels like part of the vacation!

UM... LONG LOST TWIN? FRIENDS. Is my favorite show of life. OUT OF ALL THE SHOWS I LOVE, I LOVE FRIENDS THE MOST. By FAR. And I am the exact same way. I quote it ALL the time. In fact, when I start writing my very first TR, I already have PLANNED what the title will be, and it involves a variation of a CHANDLER BING quote. (Lame, or AWESOME? I will let you decide.) And yes I know exactly what you're talking about when you mention the First Class Airport Lounge... Monica and Chandler's honeymoon... Monica grabs the orange and yells "GO! GO! GO!" The hilarity.

Oh ok. So I wrote that before I saw that you pretty much wrote the same thing hahaha... anyways!!! I'm glad there's someone out there with a love for this show like me.

When there was something wrong with your second plane... you should've said "Something is wrong with the left philange." Then everyone would have left... so maybe that wouldn't have been the greatest of ideas. But it would have been funny.

OH my gosh okay. So you mentioned that TOO. Okay I tell you, we should be friends. (Sorry, I'm taking notes as I follow along, so I'm typing things before I read your complete thoughts. Note to self: she probably will mention Friends every time you think she's gonna. There.)

AND DAY 1! Can I just say I know exactly what you're talking about with the monorail voice guy? Maybe the monorail in general? It's all so good.

YES! The old-timey cars at GF remind me of Titanic so much! Did the windows steam up and allow you to make a hand print? It's only legit if that happens.

Okay... so I have only gotten through DAY 1. And you're on what, day 8 now? So... at the rate I'm going my comment itself will be about 23 pages long. So I'm just gonna take this commenting thing day by day, I hope you don't mind!

ALSO! You're going SO SOON! OH DEAR GOD. So am I!!! How long are you staying?! We MAY be there at the same time... MAYBE! Although probably not unless you're staying like 10 days or more... ?

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 12-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #885
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

Did you throw up on Alan Rickman's shoes a la Cormac on Snape? I feel like that's what I would've done. My excitement would have been unbearable.

A shield? What the heck? I can't stop laughing. I'm picturing women in like the full chainmail knight garb riding off to battle once a month.

Blood? Clearly someone forgot to buy a shield.

I love the music from Wishes. It gives me the warm fuzzies. Plus, it includes music from Hercules. That movie is criminally underused in the theme parks. To be honest, I'm a bit tired of the actual fireworks show, though. I think Disney can do better. The Magic, The Memories, and You is incredible. I'd love to see them combine the castle projection technology with a full-blown fireworks display. That show had every inch of my body covered in goosebumps. I miss that feeling.

I swear, they secretly made this ride when the park opened in 1971 because not only do the laser pointers barely work, I ALWAYS get stuck on it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA So true. Thank goodness I've never been stuck in the weird spinning blurry video screen room like you were. Half the time I have to close my eyes in there because the spinning makes me nauseous.

I've never been on Stitch's Great Escape. I'm not a huge overhead harness fan. Neither is my mom, so we always sit that one out. I do think Stitch deserves a better attraction though. He's in The Magic, The Memories, and You for a hot second and they always play "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride" when we dine at 'Ohana, but for as popular as Stitch appears to be, that's really not enough.

Monsters Inc. is one of my all-time favorite movies as well. Every aspect of that movie is perfect. Plus, it gave me "Put that thing back where it came from, or so help me!" and "There's a child, there's a child, there's a human child" which I will always be thankful for.

I love that your mom fell asleep at the Laugh Floor. Those seats are not comfortable. I guess that just goes to show how tired she was.

Those empty Tomorrowland pics are too much for me to wrap my head around. The parks actually get that empty? I don't believe it. You had to have photoshopped them all out.

A Cookies and Cream/Mint Chocolate Chip combo? Lia, I really think we were separated at birth.

Oh, Superbad. I haven't seen that movie in such a long time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: