Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #106
dellasgirl
Mouseketeer

z

Last edited by dellasgirl; 06-12-2012 at 10:01 AM.
dellasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:57 AM   #107
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

Hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving, and those who are celebrating Black Friday I hope it was at least fun! LOL!

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. I think this is the first year I did not burn something...although I did try! It was also our first big family gathering at our house that we had the three ovens. I really wish we hadn't waited so long!

I have to say, since we were stationed in El Paso, TX (about 25 years ago) I have always done Black Friday sales. Last year was the first time we didn't make a big production and go, but since we were leaving late on Friday night to go to Disney there was no way I could get up early and go shopping!

Since we are probably going to Disney the same time period next year, I know I wouldn't go BF shopping then, so I really wanted to go this year, but with Hubby not getting off until 7 am this morning, there was just no way!

So, hubby called me on Wednesday night to let me know he wasn't going to have to work on Thanksgiving night. He was taking a vacation day...just so I could go shopping!

So, after cooking ALL day yesterday, I realized my tired (very) old bones were not going to make it for an early shopping trip! That is OK...Hubby to the rescue again! He and my older kids went to Wal Mart last night at 8 pm for the sale that started at 10pm. He picked up an X-box 360 with Konnect for the kids!

Of course, the problem with this is the fact that I was planning on getting THAT for HIM!

Now, I am left with two problems, 1- what to get him; and 2- Miss B knows we got it, so we will probably give it to them early!

I really want to go to Joann's today for some fabric that is on sale, but I am usually finishing up my BF shopping right about now, and hitting Joann's around 8. Right now I have only had one cup of coffee and no shower, so I will probably be going to Joann's much later today if at all!

Of course, no holiday at the Morris Family is without its own drama...and yesterday was no exception. Mr D takes a combination of medications to help him cope with daily life. (and to help us while he learns to cope!) I have the latitude to make 'command' decision about some of the dosing...meaning I can skip a dose if the situation warrants, or add a partial dose if needed.

Yesterday, he had his morning combo while I was making the pumpkin bread for breakfast. At lunch time I decided he didn't need his meds, so we skipped them. As always, he started crashing late in the evening, but he was making some good choices so we didn't feel the need to give him a dose in the evening. HOWEVER, when it came to bedtime we all NEED him to take his meds! Otherwise he would be up all night and no one else would be sleeping either!

His meds were gone. Missing. No where to be seen!

While hubby was at WalMart, me and the 3 kiddoes (including my 4 year old grand Princess) searched the house over for the meds. I keep them in a plastic zip baggie thing. They get miss placed easily, but are always in one of three spots (depending on where I was when I gave them to him last!) After a couple HOURS of fruitless searching, I grew a bit panicked! I called hubby and older son at WM to see if they had a clue...nope! Middle son came home to help us search.

Around 11 I managed to find an old "emergency supply" of about three pills. While it wasn't the complete 'cocktail' he needed it was enough to get him a bit of rest (as well as us!). Hubby got home and tore through all the garbage from the day to see if they were accidentally thrown away...no luck.

I went to bed at 12:30 and hubby came to bed around 2...still no illusive bag of drugs! Mr D finally went to sleep around 1:15.

Hopefully, the pharmacy will refill the meds for us ...I might have to cry for them...maybe they will feel sorry for me! If not, it is going to be a long, long, long weekend! I know his doctor will not be in the office this weekend. (she is actually still at Disney!) And no doctor who is taking her calls will be willing to give the 'cocktail' to a child without knowing him....

So, wish me luck!

At least one does not require a doctor's script to get...the melatonin!

So, how was YOUR Thanksgiving?

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #108
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellasgirl View Post
Nina
I just found your trip report and let me say i think you are one of the most courageous people ever.
I love your attitude of ". Because without the bad, I wouldn't know how to enjoy and appreciate the good! "
Little Miss Gracie Marie is a doll baby congrats

Love the steamboat Willie designs (wish i was more crafty but all i can do is knit a little)
Nell
Thanks, Nell!

My opinion is...every body has 'stuff' in their life. They can choose to be defined by the 'stuff' or how they choose to deal with it! (that is from my momma!)

Nini

Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #109
cogero
DIS Veteran

Nini

I am praying you find Mr. Ds meds. Melatonin has saved our lives more than once.

I am glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving.

I would love to go to Joanns but I have a feeling it is already a zoo but I need a yard of fleece.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:16 AM   #110
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I hope everything worked out with Mr. D's meds.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #111
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

I love our pharmacy!

I called them on Friday morning and explained what happened. They said they couldn't promise anything but would see what they could do. Since Mr D is on SSI, that means his insurance is medicaide. They are really funny about getting a second script...especially when we are talking about controlled substances.

They were able to use some sort of emergency wording to get him a duplicate script until the next regular refill!

I am so excited! I got my Christmas present a little early! Since we got the kids the Xbox 360 with the Kinect, I got the Disneyland Adventure for the Kinect! I can't wait until Christmas so I can play!

I know this is a little corny...a 56 year old Pooh sized lady wanting a game for Christmas! But it is what I wanted, and hubby bought it for me. Now we are trying to decide if a new tv will arrive by Santa or if we have to wait until January to get it.

It is so hard thinking that one year ago right this minute we were at Disney...or to think that in one year I will be at Disney again. I really wish we had waited until now to go this year instead of Sept/Oct.

My DD11 is working on her own personal budget. She is planning on doing extra chores for extra "Disney money". All of these extra chores will result in money that can only be spent at Disney. At Sam's last night I showed her the Disney gift cards. Now that she has seen with her own eyes what the Disney cards look like, she is rally psyched to start earning them. As soon as she gets $25 earned, I'll get her the first card.

This is going to solve 2 problems we always have with her earning money for Disney. 1- she wants to spend it on every little thing that comes along and rarely has any left when we go to Disney; and 2-lots of times, I am short of funds when we go and it is hard to explain to her that I don't have the money at this second!

This way she will be responsible for her own money.

Of course, now Mr D will want some Disney money of his own!

Nini

Old 11-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #112
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
I love our pharmacy!

I called them on Friday morning and explained what happened. They said they couldn't promise anything but would see what they could do. Since Mr D is on SSI, that means his insurance is medicaide. They are really funny about getting a second script...especially when we are talking about controlled substances.

They were able to use some sort of emergency wording to get him a duplicate script until the next regular refill!

I am so excited! I got my Christmas present a little early! Since we got the kids the Xbox 360 with the Kinect, I got the Disneyland Adventure for the Kinect! I can't wait until Christmas so I can play!

I know this is a little corny...a 56 year old Pooh sized lady wanting a game for Christmas! But it is what I wanted, and hubby bought it for me. Now we are trying to decide if a new tv will arrive by Santa or if we have to wait until January to get it.

It is so hard thinking that one year ago right this minute we were at Disney...or to think that in one year I will be at Disney again. I really wish we had waited until now to go this year instead of Sept/Oct.

My DD11 is working on her own personal budget. She is planning on doing extra chores for extra "Disney money". All of these extra chores will result in money that can only be spent at Disney. At Sam's last night I showed her the Disney gift cards. Now that she has seen with her own eyes what the Disney cards look like, she is rally psyched to start earning them. As soon as she gets $25 earned, I'll get her the first card.

This is going to solve 2 problems we always have with her earning money for Disney. 1- she wants to spend it on every little thing that comes along and rarely has any left when we go to Disney; and 2-lots of times, I am short of funds when we go and it is hard to explain to her that I don't have the money at this second!

Nini
I am so glad that Mr. D was able to get the med he needed.

We did the Disney GC with the girls the last time we went, and it worked out really well... Really, really well actually. They did have a bit of cash too. What we did is, each of us had our own "GC envelope" with our name on it (this time around, I am making them with my sewing machine - themed after our fav character). Right before our trip, I put each person's GCs and cash into their own envelope, and I carried the envelopes in my purse. When that person wanted something, I took it out of their envelope. We tried to spend the Disney' GCs first, so if there was any left over cash after the trip, then the girls would have the cash. We are planning to do the same thing this time... But we will probably put it on a few different GCs, so we aren't carrying all of them on one day, in case they are lost.

I just noticed that Target starting carrying the $25 ones too... so I get my discount on those, as well.

I think it's an excellent idea you are doing... It puts your dd in charge of her own $$, and it worked really well for us last time.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:22 AM   #113
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I am so glad that Mr. D was able to get the med he needed.

We did the Disney GC with the girls the last time we went, and it worked out really well... Really, really well actually. They did have a bit of cash too. What we did is, each of us had our own "GC envelope" with our name on it (this time around, I am making them with my sewing machine - themed after our fav character). Right before our trip, I put each person's GCs and cash into their own envelope, and I carried the envelopes in my purse. When that person wanted something, I took it out of their envelope. We tried to spend the Disney' GCs first, so if there was any left over cash after the trip, then the girls would have the cash. We are planning to do the same thing this time... But we will probably put it on a few different GCs, so we aren't carrying all of them on one day, in case they are lost.

I just noticed that Target starting carrying the $25 ones too... so I get my discount on those, as well.

I think it's an excellent idea you are doing... It puts your dd in charge of her own $$, and it worked really well for us last time.

D~
Of course...now whenever I ask her to do something...her first response is..."how much money do I get?" !!!!!

Nini

Old 11-28-2011, 06:30 AM   #114
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love our pharmacy!

That's awesome! So glad to hear they were able to get it all sorted out!

Quote:

Care if I ask where you got your Xbox Kinect system? We tried for one of the Walmart deals, but apparently, they gave out all the "coupons" for it the day before. They made people camp for the PS3 and Wii, but NOT the Xbox. And since they didn't say they would be giving out coupons, we showed up to camp. However, DH snagged one on Amazon. Free shipping and no taxes, so it was technically cheaper (unless you count the gift card -- which I heard our store was not honoring anyway).

I was excited for the kids to get an Xbox ... because I wanted the Disneyland game myself, too! However, it will be under the tree from Santa and I just have to pray they'll share.

And if Santa can bring Xboxes ... he can bring TVs.

Quote:

Nini
Santa is bringing Disney gift cards this year. My kiddos have the same problem. If there's a dime in their piggy bank, they want to spend it. So I decided to get them some gift cards so they can have spending money at WDW. I've also been on them about saving for WDW, too, but DD just won't listen. If she gets a dollar, she has candy. I keep pointing out that if she'd save it, that's candy she could buy at WDW. But she doesn't listen.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #115
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
That's awesome! So glad to hear they were able to get it all sorted out!

Care if I ask where you got your Xbox Kinect system? We tried for one of the Walmart deals, but apparently, they gave out all the "coupons" for it the day before. They made people camp for the PS3 and Wii, but NOT the Xbox. And since they didn't say they would be giving out coupons, we showed up to camp. However, DH snagged one on Amazon. Free shipping and no taxes, so it was technically cheaper (unless you count the gift card -- which I heard our store was not honoring anyway).

I was excited for the kids to get an Xbox ... because I wanted the Disneyland game myself, too! However, it will be under the tree from Santa and I just have to pray they'll share.

And if Santa can bring Xboxes ... he can bring TVs.

Santa is bringing Disney gift cards this year. My kiddos have the same problem. If there's a dime in their piggy bank, they want to spend it. So I decided to get them some gift cards so they can have spending money at WDW. I've also been on them about saving for WDW, too, but DD just won't listen. If she gets a dollar, she has candy. I keep pointing out that if she'd save it, that's candy she could buy at WDW. But she doesn't listen.

We were very fortunate on the X Box. My son in law's parents came to visit from Alabama on Thanksgiving night. They called from WalMart to ask if he needed anything while they were there and the crowds were light. I was going to wach the Grand Princess while my son and daughter in law shopped for them an X Box. His parents asked at the CS desk and they told them they were giving out tickets for the X Box and asked if they needed one...he said yes, two, please.

Then called back to let us know he had two...and if we only needed one he would give the other to someone else. Hubby decided he wanted to get one so they all left to go to WalMart!

You had to stay in line...one person per ticket, until the 10 pm sale start. So DIL took some camp chairs and hubby and son waited in the line while DIL did some more shopping!

Did I mention that the parents of SIL got the LAST TWO TICKETS! The only problem is my DD11 knows we got it..so it is not a surprise to her. We are thinking about giving it to them early...just to confuse her!

As for the gift card, we used it at Sam's on Saturday night to get the Disneyland Adventure game! (and somehow we were able to snag a 3 month subscription to XBox live for only $9!!! It had something to do with using the gift card and purchasing the game at the same time. So, I got my gift and my SIL's birthday gift for a total of $9! I am so happy!

Last year my DD11 saved money that was earmarked for Disney...we went to Tybee Island for a summer vacation and she spent all the money on junk! They type of junk that didn't even last until we got back to the hotel! This time with the money being on a gift card for Disney she has no choice!

(Yup, I'm mean like that!)

Nini

Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #116
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

duplicate post

Old 11-28-2011, 03:12 PM   #117
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were very fortunate on the X Box. My son in law's parents came to visit from Alabama on Thanksgiving night. They called from WalMart to ask if he needed anything while they were there and the crowds were light. I was going to wach the Grand Princess while my son and daughter in law shopped for them an X Box. His parents asked at the CS desk and they told them they were giving out tickets for the X Box and asked if they needed one...he said yes, two, please.

Then called back to let us know he had two...and if we only needed one he would give the other to someone else. Hubby decided he wanted to get one so they all left to go to WalMart!

You had to stay in line...one person per ticket, until the 10 pm sale start. So DIL took some camp chairs and hubby and son waited in the line while DIL did some more shopping!

Did I mention that the parents of SIL got the LAST TWO TICKETS! The only problem is my DD11 knows we got it..so it is not a surprise to her. We are thinking about giving it to them early...just to confuse her!

As for the gift card, we used it at Sam's on Saturday night to get the Disneyland Adventure game! (and somehow we were able to snag a 3 month subscription to XBox live for only $9!!! It had something to do with using the gift card and purchasing the game at the same time. So, I got my gift and my SIL's birthday gift for a total of $9! I am so happy!

Last year my DD11 saved money that was earmarked for Disney...we went to Tybee Island for a summer vacation and she spent all the money on junk! They type of junk that didn't even last until we got back to the hotel! This time with the money being on a gift card for Disney she has no choice!

(Yup, I'm mean like that!)

Nini
Wow, our Walmart started giving out "coupons" for the Xbox on Wednesday. If I had known they were doing it, I would have driven over there and got one. They made NO lines for the Xbox (well, they DID, but it was for "show" as they made NO ONE camp for it). It was the only item people did not have to camp for. They were given until 10am to pick up their Xboxes. I was livid.

But that's awesome that you guys were able to get one snagged!!!

My kids have NO clue about the Xbox. They asked for the Disneyland game, but I told them it came on Xbox so they're all "Awwww, so no Disneyland game. Okay. " They have no clue what Santa will do ... or that Santa would even consider an Xbox for them. So it will be a massive surprise.

I'm a bit worried about the "quantity" from Santa. I'm afraid they'll get up, see the one big box and a couple of smaller ones and feel like Santa forgot them. They don't realize "quality" over "quantity" yet ... but it's a chance I'm going to take. They'll have little toys and knick knacks in their stockings ... and hopefully a WDW GC each.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #118
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Wow, our Walmart started giving out "coupons" for the Xbox on Wednesday. If I had known they were doing it, I would have driven over there and got one. They made NO lines for the Xbox (well, they DID, but it was for "show" as they made NO ONE camp for it). It was the only item people did not have to camp for. They were given until 10am to pick up their Xboxes. I was livid.

But that's awesome that you guys were able to get one snagged!!!

My kids have NO clue about the Xbox. They asked for the Disneyland game, but I told them it came on Xbox so they're all "Awwww, so no Disneyland game. Okay. " They have no clue what Santa will do ... or that Santa would even consider an Xbox for them. So it will be a massive surprise.

I'm a bit worried about the "quantity" from Santa. I'm afraid they'll get up, see the one big box and a couple of smaller ones and feel like Santa forgot them. They don't realize "quality" over "quantity" yet ... but it's a chance I'm going to take. They'll have little toys and knick knacks in their stockings ... and hopefully a WDW GC each.
The quality vs quantity is a big issue at our house. DD understands the quality issue while Mr D only sees that Cissy got x number of presents and I got only x. We solve that by getting him some matchbox type cars and wrapping them up. He sees the same number for both and is happy!

Of course, I do think this is our last year for Santa... I think Mr D has figured out the truth or is beginning to figure it out. I am very SAD!

Nini

Old 11-28-2011, 03:24 PM   #119
cogero
DIS Veteran

I decided today that the 3 gifts I have for J and the blanket I am making are all he is getting for Christmas. He has no interest in presents so it isn't worth it.

C knows I am santa's helper so that works too.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #120
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Mommy Brag

This is not Disney related, but I feel the need to brag a bit on Miss B. It is the type of thing that makes me glad to be a mom!

Miss B is in the 6th grade in the first year of that dreaded thing called Middle School. Add to that the fact that she attends the worst school in the county. She has the pleasure to be in a school that has the 7th worst reputation in the whole state of Georgia! It has more drugs and violence than many small towns!

She is also in her first year of band and plays the flute.

The week before Thanksgiving, her band director had to be out for a family emergency. She gave the kids assignments for the days she would be out and let them know that if they misbehaved they would not be allowed to march in the Christmas parade on Dec 1. This was to be their first parade. To say they were excited is an understatement!

According to Miss B, there was quite a bit of trouble the first day. It was almost the whole class full of disrespectful children who think they are better than anyone else...typical of middle schoolers. When the band director came back she informed them they would not be marching!

While I was upset that she wouldn't be marching I was happy that the school followed through on the threat. That is very rare at that school.

There is rarely any consequence for the wrong doers. In essence, the kids run the school.

Evidently, parents were not happy. Many complained loudly! Today we got a letter informing us that to those students whose parents complained, they get to march. They don't get to play, but they get to dress in uniform and march.

I am appalled! Is there any wonder the school is in as bad a shape as it is? It should be very simple...you misbehave you get punished.

Now, for the bragging part.

My daughter informed me she was not a part of the problem that day, but she understood that the ones that were cost the whole class the ability to march. In the letter I got from the band director, not only was my daughter not involved in the problem, she tried to get the rest of the kids to stop. She had the strength of character to stand up for what she knew was right.

As a parent, one of my biggest fears is that my child will go with the masses just because it is easier. For her attempt at restoring order, she was invited to march. with the rest of the band. While I appreciate the gesture, she will not be marching.

I sent an email to the band director informing her of my decision...and I got a thank you email from her for her support.

Love my kids!

Nini

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: