Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 02:18 PM   #916
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPierreMcDuck View Post
For the sake of convenience (and the environment), I wish they would have lifetime mugs again. I think they could get away with charging quite a bit for them (and soda costs them virtually nothing), but I guess they figure they can make more by forcing their customers to buy mugs each time they visit.
How exactly does Disney force people to buy mugs?

I agree they are a business and as such want to make money, but please don't exaggerate and say they force people to buy mugs. If you don't want to pay for them you can always bring your own pop from home, or order it shipped to your resort. There are many options if you want pop and don't want to buy a mug.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #917
MSLRAC
DIS Veteran

I'll admit that I have not read all 62 pages of this thread...way too much info to sort through...so, sorry if this has been asked before.

If you get 'free' mugs with your dining plan, do you have to buy them all at the same time and at your resort? I ask because my kids would rather have the purple, orange and lime from ASSp and we (DH and I) would rather have the blue and pink from the other resorts. Normally, we wouldn't go to all the effort to drive to another resort just for mugs but having 5 different colors would make life so much easier at home because we do use our mugs often and their is always a fight over colors.

And of coarse, all of this is dependent on ASSp still have different mug colors when we go.
DCL Fantasy ~ Oct 2013 Oct 2014
AoA ~ Aug 2015

Last edited by MSLRAC; 11-17-2011 at 07:45 PM.
MSLRAC is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #918
gr8tdame
Enchanted

too many mugs.....

We don't use our mugs when we get home. We drink water and coffee... rarely soda. We buy the mugs each time we go to Disney and use them for tea and coffee. I like my husband to bring me coffee in the morning.
We have mugs from CSR, GF, Polynesian'Typhoon lagoon.... 2 sets of the snowy ones ..4 YOMD. We purchased 4 in September with the beach scenes. We are going again in January and have the DDP and this time we receive mugs with the DDP. So this is overkill. Goodwill and Salvation army stores must be full of these mugs.
At home we use the Contigo water bottles and coffee thermoses because they don't leak if knocked over.
We have already had to replace one apple keyboard due to DS and water.
I would use the Disney mugs at home if they were spill proof.

Jan 2-14 2013 POFQ, Jan 7 - Jan 17 2012 POR, Sept 28- Oct 5 2011 POR, Sept 18 -Oct 2.2010POR,Sept 18-Oct 3 2009 GF and POR,:Sept 20 -Oct 4,2008 POR ,2007 CSR,2004 GF, 2002 Hard rock,2000 POLY,1999 DTD,1998 GF, 1997 DTD, 1995 ASMU and off site,1990 GF,1989 POLY,1987 CR,1985 GF,1977 offsite,1976 offsite
gr8tdame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #919
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSLRAC View Post
I'll admit that I have not read all 62 pages of this thread...way too much info to sort through...so, sorry if this has been asked before.

If you get 'free' mugs with your dining plan, do you have to buy them all at the same time and at your resort? I ask because my kids would rather have the purple, orange and lime from ASSp and we (DH and I) would rather have the blue and pink from the other resorts. Normally, we would go to all the effort to drive to another resort just for mugs but having 5 different colors would make life so much easier at home because we do use our mugs often and their is always a fight over colors.

And of coarse, all of this is dependent on ASSp still have different mug colors when we go.

While I haven't had the plan w/ free mugs..I don't think it would make sense for them to have you buy them all at once. I imagine what happens is that when you go through the line w/ your mugs..they simply take however many mugs you are purchasing off of your plan and then the remaining mug credits will be leftover. So, if you go through with two mugs...two mug credits get used and you have three left over.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #920
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BebopBaloo View Post
While I haven't had the plan w/ free mugs..I don't think it would make sense for them to have you buy them all at once. I imagine what happens is that when you go through the line w/ your mugs..they simply take however many mugs you are purchasing off of your plan and then the remaining mug credits will be leftover. So, if you go through with two mugs...two mug credits get used and you have three left over.
You're correct!

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #921
MSLRAC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wonderful, thanks!
DCL Fantasy ~ Oct 2013 Oct 2014
AoA ~ Aug 2015
MSLRAC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #922
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wonderful, thanks!
You're welcome! Thanks jcarwash for confirming
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Old 11-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #923
just-a-kid-at-heart
Earning My Ears

Quote:

If you get 'free' mugs with your dining plan, do you have to buy them all at the same time and at your resort? I ask because my kids would rather have the purple, orange and lime from ASSp and we (DH and I) would rather have the blue and pink from the other resorts. Normally, we wouldn't go to all the effort to drive to another resort just for mugs but having 5 different colors would make life so much easier at home because we do use our mugs often and their is always a fight over colors.

the problem with buying the other mugs from another resort is if you are staying at ASSp their mugs have radio chips in then. no other mugs work at the soda fountains. when i was there they would work for coffee ,tea, hot chocolate and water only. hope this helps.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:49 PM   #924
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

I'm curious, if they use those chips in the cups, won't it be possible to just pay for a cup of coke for your meal if you don't buy the refillable mug?

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #925
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
I'm curious, if they use those chips in the cups, won't it be possible to just pay for a cup of coke for your meal if you don't buy the refillable mug?
Yes you will still be able to pay for a paper cup with your meal - however that too will have an RFID chip in it and your paper cup will only be good for so many refills
Old 11-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #926
MSUmom
MSU mom

Quote:
Okay, I may have missed something. We will be getting the free mugs with our plan. I thought it was unlimited refills? Am I missing something with the mug credits?

DHMeDD22DD18DS15
MSUmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #927
Cdn Friends of Pooh
Proud Redhead
We also were required to remove our shoes
ctober is our favorite time of year!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUmom View Post
Okay, I may have missed something. We will be getting the free mugs with our plan. I thought it was unlimited refills? Am I missing something with the mug credits?

DHMeDD22DD18DS15
You do get unlimited refills for the length of your stay. I believe that they were referring to is the number of mugs you can get with your dining plan (similar to the number of snacks, TS credits, etc)

Last edited by Cdn Friends of Pooh; 11-26-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Cdn Friends of Pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #928
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Yes, you can get unlimited refills. I was referring to the credits for the mugs themselves. For example, if there are five people on your dining plan then you get five mug credits.....one mug per person.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:47 AM   #929
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

So, as of right now, it's only the AllStars that have the chip in them?? I ask because dd and I headed down for a four night stay...two nights at BLT and two nights at BWV. I don't want to have to buy a mug at each resort...that's just plain silly. If I had to get a mug at BLT and then another one at BWV, I just wouldn't get one to begin with.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #930
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
So, as of right now, it's only the AllStars that have the chip in them?? I ask because dd and I headed down for a four night stay...two nights at BLT and two nights at BWV. I don't want to have to buy a mug at each resort...that's just plain silly. If I had to get a mug at BLT and then another one at BWV, I just wouldn't get one to begin with.

It's actually only All Star Sports. The other All Stars don't have them yet.

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: