Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
shortnsweet435
March 2013 - Anniversary Vacation #2!

Question Anyone booked vacation package with Alaska Airlines?

Hi,

I try to save as much money as possible, and this year I got quotes from 11 different Authorized Disney Vacation Planner travel agencies, and none beat this. Usually, the actual quotes are all the same, and have varying "perks" like backpacks, gift cards, and lanyards. However, today booking at Alaska Airlines beat them all.

I was waiting to book my hotel/park tickets for our anniversary in March until I decided on the best quote, and they all were $1462 (DH room + 5day hopper), and I already bought our plane tickets for $64 each ($338 total), the best price of the year, I checked every day.

So, today is Cyber Monday, and at Alaska Airlines vacation booking, the total was $1460 for flight + DL hotel + 5-day park hoppers. That's $40/way flight (from Seattle). Ridiculous. Luckily since I'm not changing my flight they can voucher my "old" flight.

SO:
Has anyone ever booked a DL/DCA vacation package (preferably on-site) from Alaska before? And what's it like through them? Do they send your documents? Do you pick them up at the hotel?

THANKS!
shortnsweet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

If you are set on staying onsite, that's a great deal, and I know Alaska Airlines is reputable for travel packages.

I just want to give you the disclaimer that if you're really serious about cutting costs, your trip could be DRAMATICALLY less expensive if you stayed off-site. There are plenty of great hotels MUCH closer to the parks than the Disneyland Hotel that are about a third the cost per night. As long as you know that and are okay with it and still want the Disneyland Hotel, then go ahead and book a package. I unfortunately don't know how the document stuff works though but I know a lot of people on this site book with Alaska so maybe someone can chime in.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
shortnsweet435
March 2013 - Anniversary Vacation #2!

Yes, one year we would love to try staying off-site, I know they are MUCH cheaper, and still great hotels.

But we really love the perks from staying on-site, and it's 2 steps away from the monorail, plus the DL Hotel is a family tradition. But you know what's even cheaper than DL? WDW, which we've never been to, we'd love to try that.

But since this is for our first anniversary, we decided on doing DL and DH again for the nostalgia. Can't wait to try the new restaurants!

PS thanks for the reassurance on Alaska!
shortnsweet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #4
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnsweet435 View Post
Yes, one year we would love to try staying off-site, I know they are MUCH cheaper, and still great hotels.

But we really love the perks from staying on-site, and it's 2 steps away from the monorail, plus the DL Hotel is a family tradition. But you know what's even cheaper than DL? WDW, which we've never been to, we'd love to try that.

But since this is for our first anniversary, we decided on doing DL and DH again for the nostalgia. Can't wait to try the new restaurants!

PS thanks for the reassurance on Alaska!

That's a really great deal on a five day trip with airfare, so honestly I'd take it, I just wanted to make sure you knew it was cheaper to stay off-site...wasn't sure if you had been before

What a great deal from Seattle. DH and I lived in in the San Juans for two years...I wish I had known about great Alaskan deals back then!
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airlines, alaska, booking online, disneyland hotel, travel documents

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: