Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2011, 11:35 PM   #11
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsJason View Post
Hopefully someone can explain this to me.

How does using a gift card work for paying a tip when on a Dining Plan? Do I give them my room key and the gift card and they bring said receipts for me to sign? Or do I need to tell the server how much I want to tip?

(My mom let it slip that she bought myself & my wife two $100 Disney Gift cards for Christmas, figured we'd use them for tips).
I would suggest something a little different. If you have charging privileges set up on your Key to the World/room key, you can charge back all your tips to the room. You can go to the resort front desk and apply specific dollar amounts to your room charges before you check out.

Each resort level has a limit before they charge your credit card. If you think you're getting close to $500 and you're at a Value resort, you should settle up on the gift card so it would automatically hit your credit card. Moderate and Deluxe resorts have different limits. The front desk cast member can give you more info when you check in. You can let them know you want to settle up with gift cards first. If they send it to your charge card, they should be able to reverse it and apply it to the gift cards.

I suggested that because it's easier to get the front desk to fix any disputes in the charges, and I think it's almost impossible to do that if servers deducted the money from your gift card at the restaurant.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: