Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Bonnie36
Earning My Ears

Continuing Reservation - Tix, Rooms, & Meals

We have a continuing reservation set up for January. I'm running the half, DH is running the full and then we're going to celebrate with a few days in the parks. From 1/5 to 1/8 it is room only. From 1/8 to 1/13 it is a package with tickets and free dining. I have also asked for the ressies to be linked but this last time the person couldn't find the link - after being on the phone for 30 minutes she said there was a note that said it was a continuting reservation....ugh.

Here are my questions.

Do we or can we get our tickets before hand to use during the earlier part of our trip? I have talked to a couple Customer Service folks and some say yes and some say no.

Also, I assume that we cannot use our meals before 1/8 either, but I figured I'd ask about that as well.

Is there anything else I need to do with a continuing reservation?

Thanks in advance!
-Bonnie
Bonnie36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

You can get your park tickets up to 3 days prior to the start of a package . All you need to do is go to any park's Guest Relations and request early ticket pick up. We did this last December and it worked out great. All I needed to show was a picture ID, but some have reported needing their package confirmation number, so I would have that with you just in case. However, even though you can get your park tickets early, your DDP credits won't be available until the 8th when you check in for your package.

For your continuing reservation, having them linked is a great idea but I would also put in a request to keep the same room. Then when you check in on the 5th, tell the CM that you have a continuing reservation and would like to keep the same room if possible. Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Your answer about the ticket pickup is in here towards the end.

You can't use your meals early, though; you need to wait for your package to start.

If it's at all possible, I'd see about doing the package first and the hotel-only second. Just makes the ticket stuff a little easier.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
continuing, linked, reservation, split

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: