Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #166
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
I suppose I should stop lurking, and do this properly.

Real Name:: Rich (although I have been known to answer to "Hey, you!", and look a lot like Ron Howard, so Opie/Richie Cunningham/etc have been known to surface)
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Family Situation: Married for 12 years. Two children - DS7 a/k/a "Munchkin" and DD4 a/k/a "SweetPea" (Or, Noisy & Noisier, depending on the day)
Occupation: Stay-at-home dad (7 years)
Pets: None
Favorite Food: Free. I'll eat almost anything, so I get to have fun at WDW, especially during Wine & Dine.
Favorite Drink: Guiness, but I have been expanding the range to craft beers and the like.
Hobbies: Miniature wargaming, Scouts, model railroading

I'm probably going to be adding model rocketry to the hobbies list. One of DWs sisters is at JPL, and has been working on the Mars rover, so my normally space-happy self has gone into geek overdrive.
to the DISDads...

You may want to also introduce yourself on our main thread, where you will get your official DISDad's membership number.
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #167
JediMickeyDad
Apprentice River Boat Captain
 
JediMickeyDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 1

Another Colorado Dis Dad

Nice to meet you all. I am making the round of introducing myself.

Real Name: Josh
Location: Castle Rock, CO (just south of Denver, CO)
Family Situation: Married 10 Years in January. 3 Y/o Boy and another negative 13 day old son
Occupation: SEO & Online Marketing (no I don't send spam emails).
Pets: 3 dogs (Beagle, Lab/Great Dane mix, Jack Russell Terrorist), two cats, and a mother in law.
Favorite Food: Cake, red meat (knock its horns off, wipe its nasty ol' #$@, and put it on my plate), chocolate
Favorite Drink: Sugar Free Red Bull, Earl Grey ... Hot, Guinness, Dirty Goose Martini, Sweet Tea (but not at WDW, the water makes it taste funny), and anything served in a cup shaped like Mickey.


Just to give you my "resume". Been to WDW 5 times, never to DL. Wish Disney's America actually got off the ground so when my wife says she wants to go to visit family in Virginia I could still do a Disney park. Next tattoo is going to be Jedi Mickey with room for me to him fighting Darth Goofy and Emperor Stitch.

Work is 5 hours away. Better go get my zzzz's on.
JediMickeyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #168
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here
 
prattpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 1,644

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMickeyDad View Post
Nice to meet you all. I am making the round of introducing myself.

Real Name: Josh
Location: Castle Rock, CO (just south of Denver, CO)
Family Situation: Married 10 Years in January. 3 Y/o Boy and another negative 13 day old son
Occupation: SEO & Online Marketing (no I don't send spam emails).
Pets: 3 dogs (Beagle, Lab/Great Dane mix, Jack Russell Terrorist), two cats, and a mother in law.
Favorite Food: Cake, red meat (knock its horns off, wipe its nasty ol' #$@, and put it on my plate), chocolate
Favorite Drink: Sugar Free Red Bull, Earl Grey ... Hot, Guinness, Dirty Goose Martini, Sweet Tea (but not at WDW, the water makes it taste funny), and anything served in a cup shaped like Mickey.


Just to give you my "resume". Been to WDW 5 times, never to DL. Wish Disney's America actually got off the ground so when my wife says she wants to go to visit family in Virginia I could still do a Disney park. Next tattoo is going to be Jedi Mickey with room for me to him fighting Darth Goofy and Emperor Stitch.

Work is 5 hours away. Better go get my zzzz's on.
SWEET ANOTHER COLORADIAN!!! Welcome to the fray Josh. Check us out over at disdads.com as well you will find our podcast there as well. email me at prattpak at disdads.com so maybe we could meet some day. Im in Westminster.
__________________
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
prattpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:03 PM   #169
BigDaddyWill
Waiting impatiently for my next vacation
 
BigDaddyWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newport, KY
Posts: 327

Kentucky Dad here

Real Name: Will (hard to guess wasn't it?)
Location: Newport, KY (just across the river from Cincinnati, OH)
Family Situation: Married 28 Years this past June. We have a 24 year old son and a 12 year old son. Our daughter passed away in 2007 at the age of 15.
Occupation: IT Project Manager.
Pets: 3 cats and a parrot.
Favorite Food: Unfortunately I can't pick so I eat too much, lol.
Favorite Drink: Tea, Lemonade and NOT a combination thereof!

We really just started going to WDW a few years ago but we are definitely hooked. All but my youngest is a DISer.
__________________
Big Daddy Will **** Dis Dad's Club Member #668




2008 - POR 2010 - POP 2011 - POP 2011 Trip Report 2012 - POP 2012 PTR 2013 - POR 2014 - POP
BigDaddyWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #170
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyWill View Post
Real Name: Will (hard to guess wasn't it?)
Location: Newport, KY (just across the river from Cincinnati, OH)
Family Situation: Married 28 Years this past June. We have a 24 year old son and a 12 year old son. Our daughter passed away in 2007 at the age of 15.
Occupation: IT Project Manager.
Pets: 3 cats and a parrot.
Favorite Food: Unfortunately I can't pick so I eat too much, lol.
Favorite Drink: Tea, Lemonade and NOT a combination thereof!

We really just started going to WDW a few years ago but we are definitely hooked. All but my youngest is a DISer.
to the DISDads...

You may want to also introduce yourself on our main thread, where you will get your official DISDad's membership number.
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #171
Naively Occur
Mouseketeer
 
Naively Occur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 91

Real Name: Patrick
Location: NY, NY - city so nice they named it twice
Family Situation: Married 18 years, DW Kristen, DD 9yo Veronica, DD 5yo Lucy
Occupation: Just changed jobs back to marketing, now for Dulcolax (fun focus groups)
Pets: None in the Manhattan apartment until DD hits 12
Favorite Food: Cool sandwiches and steak
Favorite Drink: Coffee, bourbon on the rocks
Hobbies: Boxing, Wii, turning my kids into geeks
__________________
Me DW DD10 DD6

DIS Dad's Club Member #553
Naively Occur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #172
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?
 
GoHerd1028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 3,623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naively Occur View Post
Real Name: Patrick
Location: NY, NY - city so nice they named it twice
Family Situation: Married 18 years, DW Kristen, DD 9yo Veronica, DD 5yo Lucy
Occupation: Just changed jobs back to marketing, now for Dulcolax (fun focus groups)
Pets: None in the Manhattan apartment until DD hits 12
Favorite Food: Cool sandwiches and steak
Favorite Drink: Coffee, bourbon on the rocks
Hobbies: Boxing, Wii, turning my kids into geeks
Nice to have you join us Patrick!! Check in on our main thread and Don (EmmasDad) will assign your official member number. If you are a facebooker we have a nice group there also where we have fun. Also, we have our own website called DisDads.com ....kick your shoes off and enjoy...look forward to getting to know you more!
__________________
We Are.....Marshall!!!:
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
GoHerd1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #173
jbschafer
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Cedar Falls, IA
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Nice to have you join us Patrick!! Check in on our main thread and Don (EmmasDad) will assign your official member number. If you are a facebooker we have a nice group there also where we have fun. Also, we have our own website called DisDads.com ....kick your shoes off and enjoy...look forward to getting to know you more!
I've heard mention of this facebook group but never been able to find it.

BTW, welcome Patrick!
__________________
Me - Ben (DISDad #662) , DW , DD12 , DD9 , and DS5

12/1974, 12/1977, 12/1980, 12/1983, 12/1986, 10/1994, 7/1999 - Off Property, 6/2008 - POP and OP, 8/2010 - POP, 12/2011 - POP, 12/2012 - POP, 6/2013 - DL(OP)
jbschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #174
AJRitz
DIS DAD #420
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
 
AJRitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 2,989

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbschafer View Post
I've heard mention of this facebook group but never been able to find it.

BTW, welcome Patrick!
Here's the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/121868981193025/
__________________
Aaron (45), Wife DW, The Bug DD (11), Bubba J DS (7)
Come visit the DISDads clubhouse! | DISDad #420 - Visit our new forum!


AJRitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #175
simzac
DIS Veteran
Watched over by the Tag Fairy
 
simzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 2,269

Real Name: Bill
Location: Greenwood, IN
Family Situation: Married for 22 years, DW Yvonne, 2 DS's, Simon age 21 & Zach age 17
Occupation: Courier Driver 12 years
Pets: cat named Tigger
Favorite Food: chicken
Favorite Drink: Diet Pepsi
Hobbies: anything related to Disney
__________________
1967 Disneyland, 1995 Epcot, 2003 ASMo(first trip with family), 2005 CBR, 2006 POP, 2007 OKW, 2008 HHI, VBR, DCL, 2009 SSR(my 50th birthday), 2010 ASSp, 2012 ASMu, 2015 DCL, POFQ



DIS DAD MEMBER #672
simzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #176
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?
 
twokids0204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North of Toronto - Canada
Posts: 13,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by simzac View Post
Real Name: Bill
Location: Greenwood, IN
Family Situation: Married for 22 years, DW Yvonne, 2 DS's, Simon age 21 & Zach age 17
Occupation: Courier Driver 12 years
Pets: cat named Tigger
Favorite Food: chicken
Favorite Drink: Diet Pepsi
Hobbies: anything related to Disney
Hey Bill - Come on over to our MAIN thread - introduce yourself, and get an Official DISDads membership number.
__________________
1982 - Off Site * 1996 - Off Site * 1998 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Pop Century * 2010 - Pop Century * 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #177
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?
 
GoHerd1028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Southern Ohio
Posts: 3,623

Quote:
Originally Posted by simzac View Post
Real Name: Bill
Location: Greenwood, IN
Family Situation: Married for 22 years, DW Yvonne, 2 DS's, Simon age 21 & Zach age 17
Occupation: Courier Driver 12 years
Pets: cat named Tigger
Favorite Food: chicken
Favorite Drink: Diet Pepsi
Hobbies: anything related to Disney
Welcome ot the nuthouse Bill!!
__________________
We Are.....Marshall!!!:
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
GoHerd1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #178
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it
 
afwdwfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by simzac View Post
Real Name: Bill
Location: Greenwood, IN
Family Situation: Married for 22 years, DW Yvonne, 2 DS's, Simon age 21 & Zach age 17
Occupation: Courier Driver 12 years
Pets: cat named Tigger
Favorite Food: chicken
Favorite Drink: Diet Pepsi
Hobbies: anything related to Disney
Hi! Great to see another Indiana Dad.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:55 AM   #179
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave
 
theduck619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 9,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by simzac View Post
Real Name: Bill
Location: Greenwood, IN
Family Situation: Married for 22 years, DW Yvonne, 2 DS's, Simon age 21 & Zach age 17
Occupation: Courier Driver 12 years
Pets: cat named Tigger
Favorite Food: chicken
Favorite Drink: Diet Pepsi
Hobbies: anything related to Disney
Hi Bill, welcome there are a few of us in the Indy and surrounding area on here.
__________________
(me - David) (DW) DS 10 & = 9 (twins) DS 9 DD 7 DD 5

DisDad Member #188

We are home!- 10/4/14 Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #180
nickkweber
Earning My Ears
 
nickkweber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 17

Real Name: Nick
Location: Tecumseh, NE (1 hour south of Omaha)
Family Situation: Married 9 years, DW Lisa, DS6 Aiden, DS3 Owen
Occupation: High School Social Studies Teacher, Track and XC Coach
Pets: 2 Dogs - Maggie- Golden Retriever, Libby- Minature Australian Shephard
Favorite Food: A good burger
Favorite Drink: Coffee, Coke Zero
Hobbies: Home improvement projects, guitar
nickkweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: