Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #1381
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Bret, it all looks so beautiful!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #1382
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love the pictures. I'm going on Wednesday.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #1383
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you are liking your camera!! The pictures are wonderful as always. Bummer about the rain. Hopefully it will be a quick shower.

TK
tksbaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #1384
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I quit early tonight since it was raining all day today and my body is tired after a lot of walking tonight. I will post the first part of my TR tonight and hope that you will be up for that.

The park was about above average this morning and there were a lot of people that stayed while it was raining. It wasn't like pouring but did rain and I almost seen everyone with an umbrella, poncho or heavy jackets walking through the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Bret, it all looks so beautiful!!
Thank you Michele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Love the pictures. I'm going on Wednesday.
Thank you Kaitlin. Hope you have a great time on Wednesday. I see that you started a TR and I am looking forward to hear your adventures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I'm so glad you are liking your camera!! The pictures are wonderful as always. Bummer about the rain. Hopefully it will be a quick shower.

TK
The camera worked really well all week. Some of the pictures were blurry, but they turned up really well in low lighted areas. I had no problem with the rain today, but it did made me quit early tonight since I am not planning on staying out there during WoC and the fireworks. I can't believe I said that and missed on my nighttime shows, but I got them the other nights and turned out well. Just wait in a couple of days and I will have them up on youtube. When I left, it was still sprinkling ever since we ate at the ESPN Zone this afternoon.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #1385
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 1

My DA and I left Sacramento around 8:30pm on Thursday night since we were both working that day. We stopped at my grandmothers house in Livingston around 10pm and we stayed over the night so we can have a head start to Anaheim the next day.

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 1

We left my grandmothers house around 7:30am and it took us about 5 1/2 hours to get to Anaheim. Our hotel is Best Western Anaheim Inn which is right on Harbor Blvd just across the street from DL on the east side. The last time I have stayed at BWAI was back in June where I stayed their with my dad. This was my DA first time staying at BWAI and had no problem with the hotel. When we got settled in our room which was room #222 which was easy to find. My DA was a little bit tired from the trip to Anaheim and decided to stay and rest. So I just head on over to DL by myself.

[img[http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6095/6360409453_55f93d6f6d_z.jpg[/img]

It was around 1:30pm when I left BWAI and head on over to DL. When we got here, I was worried about the weather since it is possibly going to rain. That afternoon it was just cloudy and not raining for now. I was relieve that it wasn't raining, but it could happen at any time during my visit. The new DLR sign at the east side of DL is nice and way better then the old one.

At the esplande, the queues for both parks were quite long that afternoon. So it did take awhile for me to get into DL. But while I was waiting, the snow flakes were on top of the turnstiles. Just the far left and far right side didn't have any just the two middle turnstiles have the Holiday decorations.

Now its time for the Christmas Quests and the first one was the wreaths on the poles in front of the DLRR MS station.

I did get more pics of the wreaths around the front entrance of DL, but I had to get to FL and around IASW for the 2:30pm parade. So while I was walking all the way down towards FL, I did get a lot of different pics of the Holiday decorations. Most of the decorations around the park have been the same over the years while some of them are new. I have to check at my past pictures to see what is different from today and the past. The park crowd level was just about above average since there were quite a number of people waiting for the 2:30pm parade around MS.

The Disney Gallery which is all about the Trains at Disney. This something I was also looking forward too. I didn't go inside, but I did went that night. That wil be another post.

Now back down the street of MS looking for any of the trees, wreaths, garlands for the Quests.

It was already 1:50pm and I had to rush over to FL.

When I got around the Hub, there were a lot of tables that were circling the Hub and the first thing I thought that it would be the raido broadcasts from California, Nevada, and Arizona. I remember last year when I went during the same weekend on a Friday which they were set up around the Hub. It was nice to see the radio stands out there and also disappointed. I saw some familiar radio shows that were here that day which includes KHTK 1140 the radio of Sacramento.

Right at the front of SB Castle, there were also two stages that were set up on the right and left side. It looks like there was something filming for the Holiday season at DL. I saw Daisy on one of the stages while there were some people I have never seen before.

Here is the one with Daisy in the picture.

Thats it for now and I will get back to you when I get backto Sacramento on Monday night.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 AM   #1386
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

What is the bad thing about having the radio stations there?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #1387
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I just left DL a few hours ago and on our way home to Sacramento. Today was a very nice morning after it was raining most of he day yesterday. But we had a gat time and now is the time to head back home and do our usual lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
What is the bad thing about having the radio stations there?
Because the radio booths were on the edge of the sidewalks and were there that Friday night. I wanted to get my usual spot which is the curb side for the fireworks. But the tables were there until the DL crew moved them out of the area until 45 minutes for the fireworks. It was really crowded that night for the fireworks which was unusual when I get a spot for the fireworks. Some people were there more then 2+ hours and on the road. Talk about a lot of people that were waiting for the fireworks. At least I got my usual spot for the fireworks which is great.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #1388
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Got home two hours ago and have been working on my videos during my trip to DL. I have just uploaded the Holiday segment of "The Magic, The Memories, and You!". I will also upload the WoC Christmas Preshow Prep and Landing later tonight so stay tune. I'll also write down my next part of my TR.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:59 PM   #1389
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 2

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 2

After leaving the Hub while the radio broadcast booth and videotaping of the Holiday season at DL, I head on over to FL which is through SB Castle. It is always beautiful to see with its Christmas decorations. When I compared SB Castle and Cinderella Castle with the Christmas decorations, by far SB Castle has way more decorations than Cinderella Castle. With the snow, wreath and garlands on the castle makes it so magical during the Holiday season.

In FL, the queues for most of the rides were way long. PP was at least 30+ wait, while MTW ride was at 20+, Dumbo 30+ and SLCB was at 30+ wait time. Talk about long wait times, but you got to be patient to go on those rides.

I passed through FL and head on over towards the walkway to IASWH. On the way, I remember from Sherry TR pictures that there were IASWH wreaths on the light poles going down towards IASWH. So I had to get the pics of the wreaths. So here are the wreaths for the wreath quest.

There were more wreaths out around IASWH, but I had to get my spot for the parade so I the quest will have to wait until the parade. I got a spot right by the concession carts and the IASW store. It was a nice view to see the parade when it comes out of the gates. It was already 2:00pm and I had only to wait for 30 minutes which is a short time to watch the parade. I would suggest to you to watch "A Christmas Fantasy" parade around IASWH since you don't have to wait a long time like MS.

While I was waiting for the parade, I got to meet a DISer at the park before the parade. I got to meet Dizneydaz while I was waiting for the 2:30pm "A Christmas Fantasy" parade. When she got the spot right next to me, she saw my LGMH and knew that I was on the DISer boards. It was nice to meet a DISer that day before the parade. We had a nice chat and her DD was their too. They were there to see her nephew who was performing in the parade. Dizneydaz said that her nephew is one of the performers in the princess scene. She was excited to see him not in a costume during the parade. It also made my day to meet a DISer during the Holiday season.

After the nice chat, I was just waiting until the 2:30pm parade started. Good thing that I chose this spot instead of MS cause that it doesn’t too many people around this area until the parade is about to start. But more and more people started to show up when it got closer to the time.

Another wreath closer to the IASW store

While I was waiting for the parade, there were quite a number of CMs around the area where the guests that do the Holiday Tour seating area. Since the radio booths were around MS Hub plus the Disney media, it did make sense to see so many cameras and people interviewing around the area.

That’s it for now and I will get back to you later with “A Christmas Fantasy” parade.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 11-22-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 AM   #1390
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

That is great you bumped into Dizneydaz. I hope her nephew gave you some good shots.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #1391
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – November 18, 2011 – Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
That is great you bumped into Dizneydaz. I hope her nephew gave you some good shots.
It was nice to meet Dizneydaz that day.

I have also uploaded World of Color Christmas Pre-Show "Prep and Landing" last night and later during the week, I will upload the rest of the Holiday shows.

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 3

Now the 2:30pm parade started from IASWH. There were a few changes to the parade from last year and this year. I will give you the details of what is different from the previous one and the current one of “A Christmas Fantasy” parade. Before the parade, there was a camera crew right by the entrance of IASWH. I would guess that it is an employee of the Disney Company taping part of the parade for the Holiday campaign.

On the opening of the Music box float, it has always been the giant stuff teddy bear, but this year they use Duffy in the Santa’s colors.

Toy Soldiers

Mailroom Elves

The Mailroom float with Donald, Daisy, & Pluto

We can’t forget about Mrs. Claus

Tigger and Pooh on their Sleighs

Welcome to A Winter Wonderland unit

The Snowflake performers are one of the changes during this year parade. Their costumes are different then the ones they used in the past. The most noticeable change to their costume is the silver snowflake on their backs. In the past, they used a white snowflake with sparkles on the flakes. This year, they use a more silverish style snowflake during this years parade.

The Snowy Christmas Tree

Snowpeople

Mickey and Minnie atop the Ice Rink float

We can’t forget about Eeyore pulling his sleigh

That’s it for the first part of “A Christmas Fantasy” parade and I will get back to you later today.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 11-22-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #1392
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Duffy the Christmas Bear!! How cute!! What and adorable parade!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #1393
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 4

Day 1 – November 18, 2011 – Part 4

Back to the pictures of “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade

Clarabelle Cow, Gingerbread Cookies and Candy Bakers

Goofy and Max on the Gingerbread float

Lady Tremaine, Drizella and Anastasia

Candelight Ball float & Dancers

Will be right back for the next part of "A Christmas Fantasy" parade.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #1394
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Nice pictures! Do they still play the same parade music (that sticks in your head even years after you last heard it?)
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #1395
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

I have just uploaded "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks that I have videotaped on Friday the 18th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Nice pictures! Do they still play the same parade music (that sticks in your head even years after you last heard it?)
Thanks Allison. Yes, "A Christmas Fantasy" parade uses the same music. I still have the parade music every time I see it on video or in person. It is still my favorite parade at any Disney parks.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: