Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 06:32 AM   #136
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticMoe View Post
Thanks for the advice on which section to choose. I'll call in today to request Cabanas 8a. However, which number do I call to make the request? Do I contact the Disney Reservations 800-number, of should I call CSR directly to make the request? We're not travelling to CSR till March, so should I make the request now or closer to our travel dates?
Call disney reservations. They'll need your confirmation number. 1-407-W-DISNEY.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #137
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Call disney reservations. They'll need your confirmation number. 1-407-W-DISNEY.
Thanks!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #138
DisneyEsther
Earning My Ears

Getting closer :-)

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Our vacation is getting closer and I wondered, since this is our first disney trip, if we should do online check in or not. I am not sure what the benefits are online vs regular check in. If someone can please help me with this, I would really appriciate it. So nervous since this is a surprise and I am trying to get everything together without my DS(10) knowing. Thanks in advance

Beach Club Villas: 09/07/14-09/13/14 My Mom's Birthday Surprise!
Yacht Club Resort: 08/11/13-08/17/13 Celebration for my son's tumors going away, soooo thankful!
Coronado SpringsResort: 12/14/11-12/21/11 First Visit!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #139
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEsther View Post
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Our vacation is getting closer and I wondered, since this is our first disney trip, if we should do online check in or not. I am not sure what the benefits are online vs regular check in. If someone can please help me with this, I would really appriciate it. So nervous since this is a surprise and I am trying to get everything together without my DS(10) knowing. Thanks in advance
If you do on-line check-in there is a seperate line that is generally shorter and they already have your room assigned, keys made, park passes, and everything else ready to go. It's usually very quick. We don't use on-line check-in because we are particular about our room assignment. When using on-line because everything is already made-up it's a long procedure to change everything to a different room. Where as without they just need to find an available room if there is one because they have to make the KTTW cards anyway.

Downside for us is we might have to wait in a longer line and check-in takes longer. But we go for 14 days we don't want to be stuck in a room we don't like.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #140
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Thanks Kathy for the the new CSR pictures!

Last edited by StitchandPooh'sMom; 11-18-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #141
KatMark
DIS Veteran

All the photos have now been inserted.

For anyone who has been recently or who is going, please feel free to post pictures...the more the merrier.

If you want me to add some to the photo page, please PM me so that I can give you my email address to send them to me and then I will insert them in the appropriate place.

Again, I thank you for ALL of your support over the years.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:46 PM   #142
StitchandPooh'sMom

Buzz sent over some additions to the convention schedule - I'll get the list updated over the weekend.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #143
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Hi everyone! I just wanted to write a short review about my recent stay at Coronado. First off, we booked a preferred king room and I could not be happier with our room assignment. We stayed in Casista 3 ground level ( room 3113 to be exact) . We were so close to El Centro and had a beautiful courtyard view. We made the mistake on the first day going to bus stop 2, thinking it was closer when actually it was so much better going to bus stop 1 outside el centro. It was also nice because we were the last to be picked up so we went straight to the parks. ( except the days where the Epcot bus took us to Blizzard Beach first and its not even opened!)
The resort is absolutely beautiful! We usually stay at the Poly which is my favorite, but Coronado definitely comes close. I actually like the rooms better at CSR than Poly because of the more modern feel and king sized beds. I also loved having the sink outside the main bathroom area.
The bus service was hit or miss but nothing to complain about. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus, but had full buses most of the week. CSR always seemed to have the closest busstop to the park entrance which we appreciated. The first day at ME, the line for Poly/Contemp/Bay Lake wrapped around, while we were the only ones on the CSR line.
The only negative about this resort was Pepper Market. I did not care for the food, and did not like the set up. It was very crowded both times we went there due to the convention going on which just made the experience worse. Other than that, I have nothing negative to say about CSR. We had an amazing time and can't wait to stay here again in the future
Old 11-19-2011, 05:21 AM   #144
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
All the photos have now been inserted.
Again, I thank you for ALL of your support over the years.
Great job with the new pictures. Thanks for all you've done for this thread. I hope I didn't jinx myself, but I just added one of the Rancho pictures as my desktop. I still want to be in the Cabanas when I check in next Saturday (just six more days), but did like the picture of the Rancho scenery just as a change for my desk top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Buzz sent over some additions to the convention schedule - I'll get the list updated over the weekend.
You're doing a really great job on this thread. Thanks so much for taking it over when Kathy needed you to.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #145
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Hi everyone! I just wanted to write a short review about my recent stay at Coronado. First off, we booked a preferred king room and I could not be happier with our room assignment. We stayed in Casista 3 ground level ( room 3113 to be exact) . We were so close to El Centro and had a beautiful courtyard view. We made the mistake on the first day going to bus stop 2, thinking it was closer when actually it was so much better going to bus stop 1 outside el centro. It was also nice because we were the last to be picked up so we went straight to the parks. ( except the days where the Epcot bus took us to Blizzard Beach first and its not even opened!)
The resort is absolutely beautiful! We usually stay at the Poly which is my favorite, but Coronado definitely comes close. I actually like the rooms better at CSR than Poly because of the more modern feel and king sized beds. I also loved having the sink outside the main bathroom area.
The bus service was hit or miss but nothing to complain about. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus, but had full buses most of the week. CSR always seemed to have the closest busstop to the park entrance which we appreciated. The first day at ME, the line for Poly/Contemp/Bay Lake wrapped around, while we were the only ones on the CSR line.
The only negative about this resort was Pepper Market. I did not care for the food, and did not like the set up. It was very crowded both times we went there due to the convention going on which just made the experience worse. Other than that, I have nothing negative to say about CSR. We had an amazing time and can't wait to stay here again in the future
I've never stayed at the Poly but did visit friend's rooms when they've stayed there. The rooms seemed dark. The CSR rooms seem brighter. It is nice having the sink outside the bathroom! More people can get ready at a time.

Was your negative experience at the Pepper Market at lunch or dinner time? Just curious if the shortened lunch hours were a factor in your experience.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #146
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEsther View Post
We usually do online check-in, and we have changed oour room assignment there without any issue. But since this is your first trip to CSR (and to Disney), I'd probably do regular check-in. The CMs in the regular line will spend more time going over the information in your packet and will explain more about transportation, extra magic hours, and the resort in general. Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
You're doing a really great job on this thread. Thanks so much for taking it over when Kathy needed you to.
Thanks! It's not that hard when Kathy is still helping and we have so many regulars who are great about answering questions. It's a group effort.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #147
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySoldier07 View Post
Thanks for the review, and I'm glad you enjoyed CSR. We enjoy the Poly as well, particularly for its location, but I find CSR to be a much better value for the price.

Quote:
Was your negative experience at the Pepper Market at lunch or dinner time? Just curious if the shortened lunch hours were a factor in your experience.
I was wondering that, too. I know the PM can be busy at breakfast during a convention, but many conventions have lunch brought into the convention center and some have scheduled evening activities. I'm curious if the convention affected PM crowds at a meal other than breakfast.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #148
Tinkerbella001
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone!! Just found this thread and read all 10 pages! We will be at CSR in 28 days, so excited We've eaten at the restaurants and love the look and feel of the resort. Also curious about room requests. We are traveling with children, will it be warm enough to swim? We would like to be close to a bus stop as #1 priority, and have already requested adjoining rooms.

Why are so many negative about the ranchos? TIA!

WL/YC Club Level Split-stay November 2014
Port Orleans Riverside September 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge March 2013
Disneyland December 2012
Art of Animation LK!! August 2012
Coronado Springs Resort!! December 2011
All Star Music June 2010
Saratoga Springs Resort!! Sept 2009
All Star Sports Dec 2007
MVMCP 12/20/2007!!
Disneyland Feb 2007
Off Property too many times to count from 1975!
Old 11-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #149
LuvMySoldier07
Lisa

Quote:
I've never stayed at the Poly but did visit friend's rooms when they've stayed there. The rooms seemed dark. The CSR rooms seem brighter. It is nice having the sink outside the bathroom! More people can get ready at a time.

It was at lunch on our arrival day which was last Saturday. It was very crowded and took a long time just to order the food at the stations. The wait for preparing the food was even longer. The meal took about an hour which I thought was surprising for a "quick service". Me and DBF really prefer the quickservice places with the touch screen ordering, and wound up going to the contemporary for breakfast on MK days bec the food was better and it was much quicker. Again, this was the only negative about our stay at CSR. I loved the resort so much!
Old 11-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #150
cheerbaybee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbella001 View Post
Hello everyone!! Just found this thread and read all 10 pages! We will be at CSR in 28 days, so excited We've eaten at the restaurants and love the look and feel of the resort. Also curious about room requests. We are traveling with children, will it be warm enough to swim? We would like to be close to a bus stop as #1 priority, and have already requested adjoining rooms.

Why are so many negative about the ranchos? TIA!
omg we are leaving in 27 days!! lol. With the weather no one really knows what the weather will be like. Just watch the weather channel everyday. Right now the weather is beautiful.... but in florida things change quickly.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: