Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #121
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

So happy to be joining this thread! Booked bounceback free dining 8/24 thru 9/2 at Coronado next year! First time for us staying there. We did go by to see the resort and it is absolutely beautiful!

I was a bit nervous about there being no regular rooms available during our week due to the conventions but I checked on the WDW site and there are rooms available thru 8/31. Seem that the 31st and the 1st are the only days a regular room isn't available. We can deal with that,

Thank you for all the pics and info in this thread! Going to read the previous thread now!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Old 11-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #122
richkorn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismamx2 View Post
'Richkorn' thank you!
I don't know though if it just went into the last post as it's above the msg..
Paste it into your signature. Top screen click 'User CP'.

Then under 'Control Panel' click on 'Edit Signature'
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #123
Dismamx2
Mouseketeer

I think I've got it now??

Old 11-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #124
Dismamx2
Mouseketeer

Yay! thanks for your help richkorn

Old 11-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #125
Celidh
DIS Veteran

Ok, all I have to say is YEAH!!!!

I just booked our stay with fd for my partner and I at Coronado Springs next September, just her and I! I booked the last day of fd until the 6th off October. We both hoped to go in November when it might be a bit cooler but this will work better because we know we will get fd and it also works better with my ex's schedule. It is the week prior to our Thanksgiving and he usually books a week off around then so he can keep the kids.

This will be our 2nd WDW vacation and first stay at CSR. It looks so beautiful. I requested a courtyard view in Casitas 4 or 5 or Cabanas and top floor.

Can anyone tell me, is it any cooler the end of September compared to the beginning of September. We were at WDW with the kids this year from August 29-September 8. It was very hot!!! I love the heat but that was a bit warm even for me. Does it cool down over the month of September? I know it will still be quite hot but even a 5 degree drop would be good.

Any other suggestions, other than be patient because it will be a long 10 and a half months?

Old 11-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #126
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celidh View Post
Ok, all I have to say is YEAH!!!!

I just booked our stay with fd for my partner and I at Coronado Springs next September, just her and I! I booked the last day of fd until the 6th off October. We both hoped to go in November when it might be a bit cooler but this will work better because we know we will get fd and it also works better with my ex's schedule. It is the week prior to our Thanksgiving and he usually books a week off around then so he can keep the kids.

This will be our 2nd WDW vacation and first stay at CSR. It looks so beautiful. I requested a courtyard view in Casitas 4 or 5 or Cabanas and top floor.

Can anyone tell me, is it any cooler the end of September compared to the beginning of September. We were at WDW with the kids this year from August 29-September 8. It was very hot!!! I love the heat but that was a bit warm even for me. Does it cool down over the month of September? I know it will still be quite hot but even a 5 degree drop would be good.

Any other suggestions, other than be patient because it will be a long 10 and a half months?
Congrats on booking your trip! It's exciting, isn't it?

Honestly, it's still pretty darn warm at the end of September. Actually, it can get downright hot during that time still. It's not as humid as other months, at least it doesn't seem that way to me. I enjoy the evenings during that time of the year though.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #127
richkorn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismamx2 View Post
Yay! thanks for your help richkorn
You're welcome
Old 11-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #128
cheerbaybee
Mouseketeer

I of course have another question... shocker

The campfire starts at 5:15. Does it continue until the movie at 7 or does it end at 6? Or does it continue until no one is left?
Old 11-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #129
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaybee View Post
I of course have another question... shocker

The campfire starts at 5:15. Does it continue until the movie at 7 or does it end at 6? Or does it continue until no one is left?
The campfire stops before the movie. The cm put out the fire, then go set up for the movie. Not sure how long the campfire lasts, but there is a set time they stop.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #130
Disney Bunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celidh View Post

Short answer: Not much. We were just there 8 to 15 October and except for the first 2 days when we had a sub tropical system dumping a lot of water on us, the temperatures were downright warm. Upper 80s.

Me and DH
Old 11-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #131
LBYC-19
DIS Veteran

Just back from CSR

My daughter and I just returned from a two night stay-first visit to CSR, and it was fabulous. I had requested Casitas 4 or 5 over the phone (didn't do on line check in) and we were thrilled to be in Casitas 4. Due to the rain/fog in the East, our flight was delayed and we arrived at MCO at 1:30 a.m. Unbeknownst to us, we arrived at the opposite terminal of the Magical Express, and along with many other confused travelers on our flight, finally made our way to the bus by 1:45. It didn't leave MCO until almost 3 a.m. (in hindsight we should have called Mears taxi). We couldn't complain as there was a couple on the bus who were getting married later on that morning! There is always a worse situation.

Check in was uneventful, but it was 3:30 a.m. by now. We had ordered some breakfast items, snacks and water from Garden Grocer which had arrived earlier that afternoon (they sent a text and voice message it had arrived). We were grateful for the shuttle that drove us, our luggage and groceries to our room. Mousekeeping was so sweet; she saw the "do not disturb" sign on our door, but when our curtains opened, she waved at us through the window asking if we needed anything. I opened the door to politely decline, and she said she knew we arrived late and sweetly reminded us to dress warm, as the temperature had dropped. Casitas 4 was perfect; we saw the bus stop out of our window (down the stairs and we were there in two minutes).

After a long day at the MK, we took the bus back to the central building, where we ordered to go at the Pepper Market (to bring back to our rooms while getting ready to go back out for the night- it was delicious). If we weren't so crunched for time, would have eaten on the tables outside by the outdoor bar. On check-out day we walked our luggage over to bell services, who as promised, delivered it on time over to the Dolphin (we even got a text it was there). We would return to CSR in a heartbeat. Thanks to everyone on this thread for all of your help.

Last edited by LBYC-19; 11-17-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #132
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I made my first reservation at CSR yesterday for me and my DS (11)! Took advantage of a room-only PIN discount. I booked CSR for 2-nights, for our pre-cruise stay in March. We're not planning on visiting any parks during these 2 nights; just want to relax and enjoy the resort. We may do Disney Quest one night, but our plan is to enjoy CSR and RELAX!

My question is - what section of CSR should I request? We'd like to be near the main pool and also walking distance to the restaurants and gift shop. And since we'll be going to Downtown Disney at night, being not too far from a bus stop would be ideal too. Is there a location that's centrally located near the main pool, restaurants and the bus stop?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:43 PM   #133
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticMoe View Post
Hi everyone! I made my first reservation at CSR yesterday for me and my DS (11)! Took advantage of a room-only PIN discount. I booked CSR for 2-nights, for our pre-cruise stay in March. We're not planning on visiting any parks during these 2 nights; just want to relax and enjoy the resort. We may do Disney Quest one night, but our plan is to enjoy CSR and RELAX!

My question is - what section of CSR should I request? We'd like to be near the main pool and also walking distance to the restaurants and gift shop. And since we'll be going to Downtown Disney at night, being not too far from a bus stop would be ideal too. Is there a location that's centrally located near the main pool, restaurants and the bus stop?

The Cabanas section is basically in between the main pool and the food court/gift shop area. That would be best for what you are looking for.
Old 11-18-2011, 02:44 AM   #134
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticMoe View Post

Anywhere in the Cabanas, but especially Cabanas 8A would be perfect. I'll be there in eight days and that's the same building I'm hoping for. I've been in that building twice and was maybe 2 minutes from either the main pool or the Cabanas quiet pool, 2 minutes from the bus stop, and less than five minutes from the main building/food court
Old 11-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #135
PoeticMoe
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the advice on which section to choose. I'll call in today to request Cabanas 8a. However, which number do I call to make the request? Do I contact the Disney Reservations 800-number, of should I call CSR directly to make the request? We're not travelling to CSR till March, so should I make the request now or closer to our travel dates?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: