Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #61
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears
 
pinkcountess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Not really! Just that if it's something in DC, I'll be taking in the Metro, so it'll take about 2 hours each way - so anything really late or early probably wouldn't work out too well. Tyson's Corner I can drive to - still need about an hour and a half I think to get there, but since I'll be in my car as opposed to taking mass transit, I'm a little more flexible with my times.

Also - if you haven't seen yet, Ashley aka MamaofAllTrades DID make the Mom's Panel! So I guess we won't be convincing her to join us =)
Yes, Horray for Ashley from Virginia!
~Denise
__________________
Denise Thomas Trey(3) :
pinkcountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #62
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran
 
princessmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,452

Theresa-

Are you going on a Disney cruise or another cruiseline? Just curious if you were sailing out of Baltimore.
__________________
me, DH, DD(10), DD(7), DD(6), DD(4), and DD(2)

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-17-2011, 09:44 AM   #63
arbolita
DIS Veteran
 
arbolita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
Theresa-

Are you going on a Disney cruise or another cruiseline? Just curious if you were sailing out of Baltimore.
Sadly not a Disney cruise this time. We did want to sail out of Baltimore so be we didn't have to worry about flying to a port. We're using Royal Caribbean. First cruise ever, so I'm definitely both nervous and excited!
__________________
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans


[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!


Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #64
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran
 
princessmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Sadly not a Disney cruise this time. We did want to sail out of Baltimore so be we didn't have to worry about flying to a port. We're using Royal Caribbean. First cruise ever, so I'm definitely both nervous and excited!
Tell me how you like it! We've wanted to try cruising out of Baltimore, but I was always a little nervous for all the days at sea, because I get a little seasick. I hope you have a great time
__________________
me, DH, DD(10), DD(7), DD(6), DD(4), and DD(2)

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #65
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears
 
pinkcountess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 37

Another Great Coffee Morning Disney Chat with Nancy

Nancy and I decided to meet after the finalists were announced. It was awesome to chat about Disney while having a latte Of course we saved the world, created world peace, planned up coming Disney vacations, and gave serious thought and game plan to Disney Panel Mom 2013
__________________
Denise Thomas Trey(3) :
pinkcountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #66
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,405

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcountess View Post
Nancy and I decided to meet after the finalists were announced. It was awesome to chat about Disney while having a latte Of course we saved the world, created world peace, planned up coming Disney vacations, and gave serious thought and game plan to Disney Panel Mom 2013
How fun!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #67
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran
 
princessmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,452

Hi friends! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Our Dismeet date is fast approaching, so does that still work for everyone or do we need to change it? Can't wait to meet everyone!
__________________
me, DH, DD(10), DD(7), DD(6), DD(4), and DD(2)

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #68
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears
 
pinkcountess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
Hi friends! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Our Dismeet date is fast approaching, so does that still work for everyone or do we need to change it? Can't wait to meet everyone!
I am still up meeting; however, most of my weekend are now full till the end of year

Would a Jan2012 meet-up work? Indoors? Someone already mentioned Tysons Corner Mall Disney Store. I think Starbucks might be next to the Disney Store at Tysons. For those who bring their children to the meetup maybe we could still meet at Tysons but at the upper level play area. It has plenty of bench seating around the play area for us the chat. However, I am open to any suggestions

Denise
__________________
Denise Thomas Trey(3) :
pinkcountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #69
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran
 
princessmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcountess View Post
I am still up meeting; however, most of my weekend are now full till the end of year

Would a Jan2012 meet-up work? Indoors? Someone already mentioned Tysons Corner Mall Disney Store. I think Starbucks might be next to the Disney Store at Tysons. For those who bring their children to the meetup maybe we could still meet at Tysons but at the upper level play area. It has plenty of bench seating around the play area for us the chat. However, I am open to any suggestions

Denise
I'm up for anything. I'd do a December and January meet Where is everyone?
__________________
me, DH, DD(10), DD(7), DD(6), DD(4), and DD(2)

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #70
nananeliz
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 53

Actually my weekends are filling up now too -- looks like our originally planned Dec 10 date is no longer going to work due to a recently scheduled Girl Scout event. Bummer!

But I'm definitely interested in a January meeting. And possibly February.... or March...

On a separate note, so many of my coworkers are headed to Disney in December for holiday trips. I am torn between jealousy (wish it were me going!) and happiness (glad they remember to ask me for planning tips!)

Nancy
nananeliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #71
arbolita
DIS Veteran
 
arbolita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,718

Hello! I just got back this weekend from our cruise (which was fantastic) and have been trying to get caught up on everything!

I still have the 10th open, BUT my family is notorious for planning last minute holiday stuff. Since it sounds like people have a lot going on in December, I'd be okay with pushing this back to January - especially because if we still meet at the Disney Store, we could possibly get some good post-Christmas discounts on holiday items =)
__________________
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans


[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!


Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #72
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran
 
princessmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,452

I'm all right with pushing it back to January. How about we meet at Tysons Corner and maybe do lunch and some shopping afterwards? They have fabulous stores including the Disney Store of course!

I'm getting jealous of Disney Christmas trips, too. Hmm, maybe I'll have to plan a quick vacay I knew I should have jumped on those $58 fares from Dulles a few weeks ago!

Theresa-How was your cruise? How did you like Royal Carribbean? Was it too long/short, etc?
__________________
me, DH, DD(10), DD(7), DD(6), DD(4), and DD(2)

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:44 PM   #73
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,405

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcountess View Post
I am still up meeting; however, most of my weekend are now full till the end of year

Would a Jan2012 meet-up work? Indoors? Someone already mentioned Tysons Corner Mall Disney Store. I think Starbucks might be next to the Disney Store at Tysons. For those who bring their children to the meetup maybe we could still meet at Tysons but at the upper level play area. It has plenty of bench seating around the play area for us the chat. However, I am open to any suggestions

Denise
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
I'm up for anything. I'd do a December and January meet Where is everyone?
Sorry, my hard drive crashed and I'm borrowing an old, SLOW computer -- agony

I was going to say, let's wait until after teh holidays...Decmember is so full.

I like teh idea of doing Tysons Mall (esp after Christmas rush)...I may have my kids too, so doig the food court/play area or Disney store is high on my list.

On another note -- I just booked my first Disney Cruise on the 3-night Dream to Bahamas for Jan 2013!!! Very excited to take the cruise ... and of course to build up my resume for the Mom's Panel! I'm just joking about that but figure that's a nice addition. we decided to do a mix of points and cash, so I will be able to say in 2014 Mom's Panel that I used my points outside of DVC.

I'm still curiuos to see if the 2 DVC specialists did anything besides DVC main resorts.

I'm also positive that cruises are in our future. I can't see how we wouldn't enjoy them!

As for Jan dates, earlier is better for me since we leave for WDW on Jan 19th

But if that's the only date you all can make, then no prob...I'll catch up with you on the other meets.

One ? -- is this meet only for the MP wannabees? Or for any of the NoVa/MD/DC area Dissers? I know a few others in this area that may be interested...not positive but didn't want to invite them if we wanted to keep this (first) meet smaller.

I think it would be awesome to have a regular (like every 4-6 months) Dis meet in this area! None of my friends are as into Disney as we Dissers are, so it'll be great to be around true Disneyphiles!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #74
arbolita
DIS Veteran
 
arbolita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,718

Honestly it was close to perfect. Didn't feel too long at all - I was really glad to have some extra time at sea at the beginning of the trip (it took 2.5 days to get to Puerto Rico) because the first day I spent lying down for the most part because I felt so bad - partially seasickness, partially being drowsy from the Dramamine, haha. I think the cruise was so great because of the people we were seated with at our table - one other couple around our age. There was room for 4 others at our table, but none of them showed up. We'll definitely do another cruise. Maybe we'll start alternating cruises with our Disney trips, haha.


ETA - Marshay, we must have been posting at the same time, so adding this on - I'm fine with inviting other local DIS-ers. Obviously I will probably be a little more excited about meeting you guys since we've been chatting the past couple months, but I have no problem meeting other Disney fans! And depending on the date we choose, maybe I will be able to convince Ashley to come so she can really give us all the details about her training trip!
__________________
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans


[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!


Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #75
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran
 
princessmorgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Sorry, my hard drive crashed and I'm borrowing an old, SLOW computer -- agony

I was going to say, let's wait until after teh holidays...Decmember is so full.

I like teh idea of doing Tysons Mall (esp after Christmas rush)...I may have my kids too, so doig the food court/play area or Disney store is high on my list.

On another note -- I just booked my first Disney Cruise on the 3-night Dream to Bahamas for Jan 2013!!! Very excited to take the cruise ... and of course to build up my resume for the Mom's Panel! I'm just joking about that but figure that's a nice addition. we decided to do a mix of points and cash, so I will be able to say in 2014 Mom's Panel that I used my points outside of DVC.

I'm still curiuos to see if the 2 DVC specialists did anything besides DVC main resorts.

I'm also positive that cruises are in our future. I can't see how we wouldn't enjoy them!

As for Jan dates, earlier is better for me since we leave for WDW on Jan 19th

But if that's the only date you all can make, then no prob...I'll catch up with you on the other meets.

One ? -- is this meet only for the MP wannabees? Or for any of the NoVa/MD/DC area Dissers? I know a few others in this area that may be interested...not positive but didn't want to invite them if we wanted to keep this (first) meet smaller.

I think it would be awesome to have a regular (like every 4-6 months) Dis meet in this area! None of my friends are as into Disney as we Dissers are, so it'll be great to be around true Disneyphiles!
Yay on the cruise! I really want to do a Disney Cruise. I still get so mad when I think about how I blew my free cruise opportunity when I played "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" at MGM when it was around. I was one question away from the million! I think it'll definitely boost your "resume"for the Moms Panel

I say invite other Dissers from the area who want to come. It'll be nice to meet others who share the Disney love. I get so tired of people's comments when we tell them we're going to Disney again. Maybe we can do the week before Jan. 19th. (Or is the MLK weekend). The 19th is my DD's birthday We went last year to disney to celebrate!
__________________
me, DH, DD(10), DD(7), DD(6), DD(4), and DD(2)

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.