Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
missusa82
Mouseketeer

March 16th, 2013- 7-Night on Disney Fantasy

Just booked our second DCL Cruise on the Fantasy! Can't wait....

Would anyone like to arrange a Fish Extender Exchange or a Meet & Greet?
Past DCL: Dream 10/2011, DCL: Fantasy03/2013
Future DCL: Fantasy 10/2014
Seaworld Passholder: 2011, 2012 & 2013
Cruise Dream Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2829162

missusa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
melsherard
Mouseketeer

Wow, Erica, you look kinda lonely here

We have booked this cruise, it will be me (Melissa,) DH (Len,) DD14(Genny,) and DD11(Gracie.) We are in room 8506.

We are so excited to see the new ship! This will be our 4th Disney cruise. Can't wait to meet you!

4 night Wonder trip report Jan 2009
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2085074

7 night Mexican Riviera March 13, 2011
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2684268
melsherard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
Long tressses
Mouseketeer

Our first Disney Cruise

This is our first Disney cruise and I saw there is a fish extender exchange. I am very much interested in participating in one. Because it is our first time I don't feel qualified to organize one but oh to be involved would be great.
A meet and greet would be fun as well.

Future DCL:Wonder Panama Canal, May 1, 2015

DCL: Fantasy Mar 2013
WDW: Mar 2013
WDW: Mar 2011,
DL: Mar 1997

Last edited by Long tressses; 01-16-2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Added signature
Long tressses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
skoch
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We just got booked! Re-booked actually, we had to postpone our cruise this summer on the Dream because one of our daughters needed braces. That put a little crimp on the budget!! But I'm super excited to be on the Fantasy now! We sailed the Dream over Christmas and it was so awesome!!!

It will be me (Shonna,) DH(Jeff), DD14(Amy,) DD13(Ashley), DD11(Addy), and DS6(Aidan). Melissa - we have daughters the same age!

We'd love to participate in the fish extender! I was organizing the one on our summer cruise until we had to reschedule. I'd be happy to at least get one started for our group unless someone else would like to?

Only wish it wasn't so far away!!!!

Shonna
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
GoofTroop
Mouseketeer

HI all! We are planning on booking this cruise next week. Unfortunately, our school district does not release the schedule for the next school year until mid-march, but I don't want to wait that long to book. So, I'm going off this year's school schedule to "guess" when next year's Spring break will be. Hoping I'm right and won't have to change the dates of our cruise.

We just got off our first cruise (January 14-21) with DCL. We were on the Magic Eastern Carribean. There were 11 of us.

On this cruise there will be 7 of us. My immediate family, consisting of DH, myself, DS18, DD14, DS11, and DS6. My DD's BFF, also age 14, will be traveling with us.

We did not participate in the FE, mostly because it was our first cruise, and not sure what to expect.....But may be more open to it this time around.

Elizabeth
Old 01-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
skoch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofTroop View Post
HI all! We are planning on booking this cruise next week. Unfortunately, our school district does not release the schedule for the next school year until mid-march, but I don't want to wait that long to book. So, I'm going off this year's school schedule to "guess" when next year's Spring break will be. Hoping I'm right and won't have to change the dates of our cruise.

We just got off our first cruise (January 14-21) with DCL. We were on the Magic Eastern Carribean. There were 11 of us.

On this cruise there will be 7 of us. My immediate family, consisting of DH, myself, DS18, DD14, DS11, and DS6. My DD's BFF, also age 14, will be traveling with us.

We did not participate in the FE, mostly because it was our first cruise, and not sure what to expect.....But may be more open to it this time around.

Elizabeth
We did the same thing! Third week of March has typically been our kids' spring break so we're just REALLY hoping the district doesn't decide to change it this year!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Long tressses
Mouseketeer

Red face This is our first Disney Cruise as well

Quote:

Elizabeth
Elizabeth,
Last year we went to Disney World for the first time and are avid about going back! So we have booked our next visit starting with the cruise on March 16th, 2013. It will be our first and we are all excited. Our group consists of 13! Our family consists of four DH Jim, Myself: Joanne DD 10 (at time of cruise) and DGD 5. We are being joined by two other families So in total we are 13! It is fun to have family and friends go together.

We have heard and read about the FE and want to participate. I don't think I should organize one. I have ideas as to what I will bring with me for the exchange and look forward to participating.

We are from Western. Canada Where are you from?

Looking forward to hearing more from you and others
Joanne

Old 01-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
Long tressses
Mouseketeer

Red face Our first Disney Cruise

Shonna,

It would be wonderful to meet you and your family on the cruise.

We would love to join in the fun of exchanging with the FE. I think the other family that is coming with us would love to participate as well. So if you are game for organizing one we would love to join in the fun. We are from Western Canada and think this could add a bit of difference to the gifts being exchanged. Look forward to hear from you.
Joanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoch View Post
Hi everyone! We just got booked! Re-booked actually, we had to postpone our cruise this summer on the Dream because one of our daughters needed braces. That put a little crimp on the budget!! But I'm super excited to be on the Fantasy now! We sailed the Dream over Christmas and it was so awesome!!!

It will be me (Shonna,) DH(Jeff), DD14(Amy,) DD13(Ashley), DD11(Addy), and DS6(Aidan). Melissa - we have daughters the same age!

We'd love to participate in the fish extender! I was organizing the one on our summer cruise until we had to reschedule. I'd be happy to at least get one started for our group unless someone else would like to?

Only wish it wasn't so far away!!!!

Shonna

Old 01-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #10
skoch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melsherard View Post
Wow, Erica, you look kinda lonely here

We have booked this cruise, it will be me (Melissa,) DH (Len,) DD14(Genny,) and DD11(Gracie.) We are in room 8506.

We are so excited to see the new ship! This will be our 4th Disney cruise. Can't wait to meet you!
Melissa - just noticed you're from Overland Park, Kansas. We have family there and often have a family get together at their house over Christmas. He's the band director at one of the schools, but I forget which one.

Small world!! (no Disney pun intended, but how funny!)
Shonna
Old 01-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
skoch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long tressses View Post
Shonna,

It would be wonderful to meet you and your family on the cruise.

We would love to join in the fun of exchanging with the FE. I think the other family that is coming with us would love to participate as well. So if you are game for organizing one we would love to join in the fun. We are from Western Canada and think this could add a bit of difference to the gifts being exchanged. Look forward to hear from you.
Joanne
Hi Joanne!

I'd love to meet up on the cruise! Maybe as our group grows, we can plan a time for anyone that wants to get together and meet each other can. Although, it's funny, we met four families from our extender group on the very first day of our last cruise just by accident! One was at the port parking lot, one at the port terminal, one waiting in line to change dinner time and one at the pool. Imagine that!

I'm happy to set-up the extender and get it going, but I'll just be the keeper of the list --- it's definitely a group decision on any specific stuff, like when to cut off for new people (so everyone has time to get their gifts together) or how big it can get before it should be split into two groups (if at all). I'll get a separate thread set-up and have Irish Cowboy add it to our main cruise listing so people can find it. I'll let everyone know when it's out there. So excited!!!!

Can't wait to see who else joins our group! Planning and getting to know everybody is half the fun!!

Shonna
Old 01-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #12
melsherard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Melissa - just noticed you're from Overland Park, Kansas. We have family there and often have a family get together at their house over Christmas. He's the band director at one of the schools, but I forget which one.

Small world!! (no Disney pun intended, but how funny!)
Shonna
Hi Shonna!
Wow, Joplin isn't that far from us... maybe we can meet up one day when the kids aren't in school... We went to Joplin last June to volunteer, what an amazing experience! We met so many wonderful people that day.
Let me know what school he is band director at, it could be one of the girls'....
We are in for the fish extender... let me know if you need help with anything

Old 01-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #13
melsherard
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth,
I called the superintendant's office, and they told me the schedule. It might not work for you, but it might be worth a try I buttered them up first, and told them how wonderful they were, then they gave me the dates

Old 01-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #14
skoch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melsherard View Post
Hi Shonna!
Wow, Joplin isn't that far from us... maybe we can meet up one day when the kids aren't in school... We went to Joplin last June to volunteer, what an amazing experience! We met so many wonderful people that day.
Let me know what school he is band director at, it could be one of the girls'....
We are in for the fish extender... let me know if you need help with anything
Okay, I feel silly now. My husband told me they live in Olathe, not Overland Park! oops! Still we are up in that area frequently because we have family also in St. Joseph and Warrensburg. It would be fun to get together sometime!

Thank you so much for coming to volunteer. The outpouring of love and support from everyone everywhere has just been so amazing and has played such an important role in helping our city get back on its feet.

Shonna
Old 01-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #15
melsherard
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Okay, I feel silly now. My husband told me they live in Olathe, not Overland Park! oops! Still we are up in that area frequently because we have family also in St. Joseph and Warrensburg. It would be fun to get together sometime!

Thank you so much for coming to volunteer. The outpouring of love and support from everyone everywhere has just been so amazing and has played such an important role in helping our city get back on its feet.

Shonna
Not so silly.... Olathe is REALLY close to Overland Park We go to church in Olathe!

Did you guys lose anything in the tornado? Going to Joplin was life-changing for me... I received way more than I gave that day! We worked at College Heights Christian Church. It is amazing what God is doing in your town!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: