Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #91
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Sorry...just realized...when I say dress, I am including skirts as well. Several of her customs in 2010 were actually skirts with shirts that matched our shirts. She was really into twirly last year. Lots of ruffles and twirl. This year...not so much.. although, she LOVES the Grace ruffle dress. That is what we are making for her Christmas dress this year. She has already picked out her fabric and the pattern for her bag.

(she carries a bag or purse twice a year...Easter and Christmas! We always have to make one because she can never find one she likes! and then it sits in her closet.)

She actually likes both the Audrey and the Zoe skirt... so I might be able to get those into her head as well ...

Nini

Mom to Brianna and Damien
Grandma to Alyssa and Amelia
My four little reasons for Disney

Etsy id: QuiltsbyNini
http://quiltsbynini.blogspot.com/

2012? No Problem...but when?

NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:46 AM   #92
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I love the Audrey... It is one of my all time favs - I think I've mentioned that.

D~
DMGeurts is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #93
cogero
DIS Veteran

Miss C turned 10 last month. We generally do skirts and shirts and I make her choose the designs and fabric.

I don't know if that would help.

Miss C prefers skirts in Disney for some reason.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #94
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiniMorris View Post
So, at some point in time I will probably become a big blob of nothing but fat and wrinkles! As long as I get to Disney first I'm ok with that! LOL
Nini
I always have had weight issues since I was a little girl. The funny thing was I always lost weight when I was pregnant But it was probably because I couldn't eat anything for 9 mths

And I feel your pain about your DD. My DD doesn't want any dresses either because she said I made them too long for the parks but she did agree to wearing skirts.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #95
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Today I will take a break from my normally scheduled Pre-Trip Report to post a short note about the amazing thing that has just happened to some amazing people.

Miss Gracie Marie Shackalock, after 15 years in the planning and making, was born!

This was no ordinary birth. She will be no ordinary child.

Her Mom and Dad had wanted and prayed for her since they first were married some 15 years ago. Both Mom and Dad have gone through every test known to man and medical science to figure out what their infertility issues were. With each new advance in medical science they would gt their hope up, only to have it dashed again.

Three years ago they started on a journey of invitro fertilization. Everything was fine, and then it was discovered that Mom had an underlying medical condition that would make it impossible for her to survive carrying a child to term.

They had just about given up when Mom's very best friend in the world was about to give birth tho her second son in 3 years. This made the friend think about how unfair it was that she was completing her family while her friends could not start theirs.

The selfless friend talked with her husband and prayed long and hard about how they could help Mom and Dad become parents. They decided Selfless Friend would agree to be the incubator for Mom and Dad's child.

This started the long road of testing, counseling, prayer, and hope. This morning that long journey ended (or is it just started?) with the delivery by C Section of Miss Gracie Marie.

Mom, Dad, Baby, and Selfless Friend are all doing fine. No, make that better than fine. Miss Gracie Marie will grow up in a home filled with love.

I only wish that every child born today could grow up in a home knowing they are loved and wanted more than life itself!

Now, I will return you to the regularly scheduled PTR!

Nini

Last edited by NiniMorris; 11-16-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #96
cogero
DIS Veteran

what a beautiful story Nini. Thank you for sharing.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #97
Lidian
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear such an amazing story! (I was having a rough morning, it really perked me up!)

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Lidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #98
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...68423956_n.jpg

If this worked right...this should be a picture of Miss Gracie...if not...well who knows what it will be! LOL!

Nini

Well, evidently, if you click on the link you can see a picture!

Last edited by NiniMorris; 11-16-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #99
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If this worked right...this should be a picture of Miss Gracie...if not...well who knows what it will be! LOL!

Nini

HOW PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!! What a little !

March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 11-16-2011, 02:29 PM   #100
DMGeurts

Quote:
Today I will take a break from my normally scheduled Pre-Trip Report to post a short note about the amazing thing that has just happened to some amazing people.

Miss Gracie Marie Shackalock, after 15 years in the planning and making, was born!

This was no ordinary birth. She will be no ordinary child.

Her Mom and Dad had wanted and prayed for her since they first were married some 15 years ago. Both Mom and Dad have gone through every test known to man and medical science to figure out what their infertility issues were. With each new advance in medical science they would gt their hope up, only to have it dashed again.

Three years ago they started on a journey of invitro fertilization. Everything was fine, and then it was discovered that Mom had an underlying medical condition that would make it impossible for her to survive carrying a child to term.

They had just about given up when Mom's very best friend in the world was about to give birth tho her second son in 3 years. This made the friend think about how unfair it was that she was completing her family while her friends could not start theirs.

The selfless friend talked with her husband and prayed long and hard about how they could help Mom and Dad become parents. They decided Selfless Friend would agree to be the incubator for Mom and Dad's child.

This started the long road of testing, counseling, prayer, and hope. This morning that long journey ended (or is it just started?) with the delivery by C Section of Miss Gracie Marie.

Mom, Dad, Baby, and Selfless Friend are all doing fine. No, make that better than fine. Miss Gracie Marie will grow up in a home filled with love.

I only wish that every child born today could grow up in a home knowing they are loved and wanted more than life itself!

Now, I will return you to the regularly scheduled PTR!

Nini
What an absolutely amazing story... Congratulations to Mom, Dad, Selfless Friend and of course, Little Miss Gracie.

Quote:

Nini

Absolutely adorable.

D~
Old 11-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #101
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...the last two nights my husband has asked for the latest Disney updates. I had to make up somethings, seeing as how I haven't really done too much towards Disney all week.

So, in an effort to not lie to my husband, here is my latest Disney updates....

On arrival night, we usually just hang around the resort and find something to eat...saving Disney for the next morning. The last two trips, we have added a park and ate there. (of course, the last two trips we ate at CRT during the trip and did not have an extra TS credit)

This trip, we are not doing CRT, so we could have a TS meal on our first night.

Our options are:
Hit a park and have a TS meal for dinner
Hit a park and have a CS meal for dinner
Not hit a park and have a TS at a resort or DTD
Not hit a park and have a CS at DTD (probably Earl of Sandwich)

All very similar....extremely similar!

If we save our TS credit, we would probably have Tusker House for breakfast on one of our Animal Kingdom days.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

While I am talking about food...please remember that we are ALL big eaters. However, at Disney me and the kids share CS meals! We were always throwing food away. It drove me crazy! (short trip) Even when we got both kids a Kids CS meal, they could never seem to eat it all...not to mention they were tired of the choices.

A few years ago, when DD turned 10, I hit on the idea of having the two of them share an adult CS meal. It worked fine. Now I get two adult CS meals and the three of us share it. None of us go away hungry.

I think it is a marketing ploy for Disney. If you always have leftover food on your plate, then you perceive the CS meal as a good value. I perceive it as waste!

Any who...advice?

Nini

(who is officially not lie-ing to her husband...but need to come up with something else...just in case he asks again! LOL!)

Old 11-17-2011, 05:12 AM   #102
DMGeurts

Well... I am a bit torn, as well.

I always think of that first night as an easy way to get into a park quickly and enjoy the evening shows... So, potentially, you could go into a park to eat.

Then, I think that if we don't go into a park, we can get to bed early in prep for our long week of walking.

So, our plan, as of now is to go to our ADR dinner at Cape May - then possibly (if we are in the mood) hop into WS for a little while and enjoy that end of Epcot. However, if we end up putting 2 extra days on to our trip... that day will turn into a (second) full Epcot day, so then we can just exit out of the back door for our dinner ADR and go right back in when we are done.

I have no idea what our arrival night would be like if I add 2 more days though??

D~ <--- who is no help at all.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #103
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving (or at least to the three or four of you who read...LOL!). I am finding my computer time very limited lately with all the Thanksgiving preparations and the kids being out of school (to clarify, I have two that live at home; one goes to public school and I home school the other; and my grand daughter stays with me when she is out of school...she is getting so big...PRE-K already!)

Add to that the fact that we are doing my oldest daughter and oldest son's birthday on Thanksgiving due to some scheduling conflicts with DD11 being in the Christmas parade and all! I have a 'hunting blanket' and some handkerchiefs to embroider for the gifts...and I have a customer quilt that needs to go in the mail on Monday....

I am grateful for all the things in my life...both the good and the bad. Because without the bad, I wouldn't know how to enjoy and appreciate the good!

Nini

Old 11-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #104
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Happy Early Thanksgiving Nini! Hope you guys have a great day!!!

Old 11-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #105
DMGeurts

Quote:
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving (or at least to the three or four of you who read...LOL!). I am finding my computer time very limited lately with all the Thanksgiving preparations and the kids being out of school (to clarify, I have two that live at home; one goes to public school and I home school the other; and my grand daughter stays with me when she is out of school...she is getting so big...PRE-K already!)

Add to that the fact that we are doing my oldest daughter and oldest son's birthday on Thanksgiving due to some scheduling conflicts with DD11 being in the Christmas parade and all! I have a 'hunting blanket' and some handkerchiefs to embroider for the gifts...and I have a customer quilt that needs to go in the mail on Monday....

I am grateful for all the things in my life...both the good and the bad. Because without the bad, I wouldn't know how to enjoy and appreciate the good!

Nini
Thank you Nini... I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, as well.

D~

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: