Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
DIS Veteran
melmar136's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mass.
Posts: 700

migraine help please!!!

DD (12) was just diagnosed with migraines. This is her 2nd major one in 3 months. The first one in September lasted almost 5 days! The doctor thought it was a virus at the time, but when it happened this past Sunday, I knew it wasn't the same virus! She gets a really bad headache, feels naseous or has stomach pain and is very dizzy. She was having headaches a year or so ago, but not as severe, and didn't last long at all. At the time, we kept a headache journal, and decided with the dr, that they seemed to be happeing around her period. Then, they stopped for a while.

Now,along with the other migraine symptoms, she has no appetite and has barely eaten since Sunday morning. We went to the dr on Monday, and she was prescribed Imitrex. Of course, then we were told it works best when taken right at the beginning, to "catch" the headache before it turns into a migraine. So, that hasn't helped. I've tried giving her Advil, and Excedrin Tension Headache (they don't want her having Excedrin Migraine because it contains asprin). NOTHING has helped.

We went back to the dr today, since it is day 4 of the migraine with no relief. They gave her a shot (not even sure of what) at noontime and a prescription of Fioricet. They said she could take the first one of those 4 hours after the shot. She had her first one about an hour ago. Still, the pain is NO better.

I have never had migraines, so I don't know what is normal, and what is not. But this seems crazy to me. Shouldn't something have started to work by now? I am very worried about her, and am considering taking her to the ER to see if they can do anything different. I just really don't know what to do at this point! Any help would be appreciated.
melmar136 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.