Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #76
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Was this the group that CSR closed the main pool for last year? It was a huge convention!
I think so. Registration opens this month, so I am hoping to be able to check out their schedule soon.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #77
wdwcraz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
Uh oh.

Whilst having a browse through the thread, I'm now worried the only way you can get interconnecting rooms in this resort is by having a junior suite...

Please tell me that's not the case? It wouldn't be the end of the world but with 4 kids we were hoping to be able to just leave the interconnecting door open at night IYSWIM.
When we were there in Sep. My mother went and had her own room. We requested connecting rooms but ended up with rooms next to each other and not connecting. We however went to the front desk that night and asked if it was possible to get the connecting room next to us. They could but we had to wait for the person in there to check out. Ended up being my mom only had to spend one night in the other room. When we got back from the parks that night we stopped at the front desk and exchanged her key. So basically if you get there and they are not make sure to ask if it is possible to change the situation. I think they will make every effort to accomodate you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #78
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeA View Post
The Florida Tea Party will also be there from 8/26-8/31.
Thanks! I missed that one. The Republican National Convention is in Tampa then, so it makes sense. Will they be at CSR or in Tampa?
Old 11-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #79
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Thanks! I missed that one. The Republican National Convention is in Tampa then, so it makes sense. Will they be at CSR or in Tampa?
They are scheduled at CSR.
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
Old 11-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #80
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
Uh oh.

Whilst having a browse through the thread, I'm now worried the only way you can get interconnecting rooms in this resort is by having a junior suite...

Please tell me that's not the case? It wouldn't be the end of the world but with 4 kids we were hoping to be able to just leave the interconnecting door open at night IYSWIM.
We had connecting rooms with my cousin and her son in May. It was on the reservation request. I had also requested Cabanas, but we were given rooms in Ranchos 7B. I asked about alternate locations, but those were the only connecting rooms available for check-in that day, so we took them. It turned out to be a great location - pool-side at the Ranchos quiet pool, about 3 minutes from the Dig Site, 5 minutes from the bus-stop, 10 minutes to El Centro.

If you want connecting rooms, make sure the reservations are linked and that you request connecting rooms and they'll make every effort to accommodate you.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 11-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #81
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeA View Post
They are scheduled at CSR.
Thanks! I'll update the list.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:06 PM   #82
StitchandPooh'sMom

I ust got an update from Buzz that the CSR stop at MK is now stop #15. It is on the right, a few stops down from the beginning.

Last edited by StitchandPooh'sMom; 11-09-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #83
ldnoggle
Mouseketeer

Just Back from CSR

My parents and I just returned from a 5 night, adults only trip and since I learned so much about Disney and made our resort choice based on info from here, I wanted to post a quick review. I booked our trip for Nov 3-8 back in December, so had almost a year to plan (and obsess) about everything from ADRs and park plans to our resort. I had so much time to plan everything that my parents were worried that nothing would live up to my expectations. I have to say though, that the CSR definitely met every expectation we had and then some. Our flight landed around 1:30 pm, and we were checked in, had a quick look around our room, and on the bus to Epcot by 3.

We booked a waterview room, and I had called about 10 days before our trip to request Casitas 4 or 5 (Since online check-in doesn't have place for those requests.) At the desk, our packet was ready and waiting. We had been assigned one of the Cabanas buildings, which would have been fine, but since we we knew we would want to be closer to El Centro than the Dig Site, I asked if anything in Casitas was available. The cast member made a quick phone call and was able to get us a room in Casitas 4 (4461). We walked to the building and found that our room was a corner room that looked over the water. So beautiful! We spent a couple hours at Epcot and by the time we got back to the room to get ready for dinner our bags had been delivered. Our room was clean and stayed clean throughout our stay. The only thing missing was that the shampoo wasn't replaced (and we needed it since all of us forgot to pack it). A quick phone call to housekeeping solved that quickly.

There were 2 conventions going on during our stay (we caught the end of one and beginning of another), but they didn't bother us in the least (even with Bill Clinton being the keynote at one of them). We noticed people with name-tags, and the Pepper Market was a little busy one morning during breakfast, but nothing horrible. There were lots of times that we walked all the way to Cafe Rix to fill our mugs without passing anyone.

We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus to or from the parks. We always had seats on the bus, and during the first couple of days were often the only ones riding.

We didn't eat at Maya Grill, and only ate at Pepper Market twice for breakfast. We walked through the first couple of days and it was practically empty, but was definitely busy with conventioneers the mornings we actually ate. We were on the dining plan, and didn't see a 10% service charge on the receipt, although it did say it would be there on the ticket you take around. (The breakfast burrito and french toast were both great!)

The concierge was able to change our dinner reservations at the last minute on our last night and was happy to help, and it was great to be able to leave our luggage and carry-ons on our last morning and not worry until time for the Magical Express to pick us up in the afternoon.

I know people talk a lot about the size of the resort, but honestly it took about 5 minutes to walk from Casitas 4 to Cafe Rix to fill our mugs. I walked it in 3 one night in a hurry, and we strolled in 7 or so. The one day we went to the Dig Site, it took about 10 minutes or so walk there.

We really loved staying at Coronado, and if we do Disney again we'd stay there again with no hesitation. In fact, after eating at different Deluxe resort each night, we all agree that unless we were going to stay at a Deluxe for the convenience of taking the monorail to Magic Kingdom or walk to Epcot, we'd stay at Coronado for sure.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #84
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldnoggle View Post
My parents and I just returned from a 5 night, adults only trip and since I learned so much about Disney and made our resort choice based on info from here, I wanted to post a quick review. I booked our trip for Nov 3-8 back in December, so had almost a year to plan (and obsess) about everything from ADRs and park plans to our resort. I had so much time to plan everything that my parents were worried that nothing would live up to my expectations. I have to say though, that the CSR definitely met every expectation we had and then some. Our flight landed around 1:30 pm, and we were checked in, had a quick look around our room, and on the bus to Epcot by 3.

We booked a waterview room, and I had called about 10 days before our trip to request Casitas 4 or 5 (Since online check-in doesn't have place for those requests.) At the desk, our packet was ready and waiting. We had been assigned one of the Cabanas buildings, which would have been fine, but since we we knew we would want to be closer to El Centro than the Dig Site, I asked if anything in Casitas was available. The cast member made a quick phone call and was able to get us a room in Casitas 4 (4461). We walked to the building and found that our room was a corner room that looked over the water. So beautiful! We spent a couple hours at Epcot and by the time we got back to the room to get ready for dinner our bags had been delivered. Our room was clean and stayed clean throughout our stay. The only thing missing was that the shampoo wasn't replaced (and we needed it since all of us forgot to pack it). A quick phone call to housekeeping solved that quickly.

There were 2 conventions going on during our stay (we caught the end of one and beginning of another), but they didn't bother us in the least (even with Bill Clinton being the keynote at one of them). We noticed people with name-tags, and the Pepper Market was a little busy one morning during breakfast, but nothing horrible. There were lots of times that we walked all the way to Cafe Rix to fill our mugs without passing anyone.

We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus to or from the parks. We always had seats on the bus, and during the first couple of days were often the only ones riding.

We didn't eat at Maya Grill, and only ate at Pepper Market twice for breakfast. We walked through the first couple of days and it was practically empty, but was definitely busy with conventioneers the mornings we actually ate. We were on the dining plan, and didn't see a 10% service charge on the receipt, although it did say it would be there on the ticket you take around. (The breakfast burrito and french toast were both great!)

The concierge was able to change our dinner reservations at the last minute on our last night and was happy to help, and it was great to be able to leave our luggage and carry-ons on our last morning and not worry until time for the Magical Express to pick us up in the afternoon.

I know people talk a lot about the size of the resort, but honestly it took about 5 minutes to walk from Casitas 4 to Cafe Rix to fill our mugs. I walked it in 3 one night in a hurry, and we strolled in 7 or so. The one day we went to the Dig Site, it took about 10 minutes or so walk there.

We really loved staying at Coronado, and if we do Disney again we'd stay there again with no hesitation. In fact, after eating at different Deluxe resort each night, we all agree that unless we were going to stay at a Deluxe for the convenience of taking the monorail to Magic Kingdom or walk to Epcot, we'd stay at Coronado for sure.
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you had a great time!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #85
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldnoggle View Post

Thank you for the awesome review. I'm so glad that you and your folks had a great time at the CSR.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 PM   #86
momofrrr
ILOVEEEYORE

[QUOTE=KatMark;43191401]Not sure where you got those building numbers

I used the resort map that is here on the DisBoards. But I appreciate the responses. I think I have enough info to make a good decision.

I should probably learn how to spell fatigue too!

DH Me DS (26) DD (22) DD (18)
Old 11-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #87
KatMark
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=momofrrr;43200012]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Not sure where you got those building numbers

I used the resort map that is here on the DisBoards. But I appreciate the responses. I think I have enough info to make a good decision.

I should probably learn how to spell fatigue too!
That is a really old map on the DIS.

I would request Cabanas 9B...it is very close the main building and a bus stop.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #88
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you had a great time!
I want that corner room in Casitas 4!!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #89
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

we're currently 172 days away from our 2nd stay at CSR and I'm soooo excited!!!

I thought I'd just check-in to see if there's any new info on our fave resort and I noticed on the first page that CSR now has movies and campfires by the pool? is that right?!
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
Old 11-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #90
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
we're currently 172 days away from our 2nd stay at CSR and I'm soooo excited!!!

I thought I'd just check-in to see if there's any new info on our fave resort and I noticed on the first page that CSR now has movies and campfires by the pool? is that right?!
Yes. You should get a schedule at check-in.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: