Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #61
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofrrr View Post
I need your advise - we are going to be staying Coronado in December, my DH had an artificial knee and I just completed treatments for Breast Cancer and still have a little trouble with fatig (we make a great pair) Which building would be best for convenience to a bus stop and the dining? I am thinking 9C 9D or 9E or Casitas 3D or 3C or 4A or 4B
Not sure where you got those building numbers. The buildings are:

Casitas 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Cabanas 8A, 8B, 9A and 9B
Ranchos 6A, 6B, 7A and 7B

If you paid for a preferred building, you could get Casitas 1, 2 or 3...all close to the main building (food, registraiton, gift shop, etc.) and a bus stop.

Cabanas 9B is very close to the bus stop and main building.

As a breast cancer survivor myself (five years this February), I remember quite clearly the fatigue. Hopefully by the time you go it will be better.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #62
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

Well, we had a change of plans. Plans to stay at CSR (our 4th stay) 8/25-9/2 fell through. I called to make reservations, and they are FULL. No standard rooms, no upgraded rooms. All there is available is Jr. Suites. The CM helping me was as shocked as I was...we go that week every summer, and it's a ghost town. The CM has never seen any resort full that week apparently.

DH happened to be home, so started googling conventions at CSR for that week, and a very politically charged group is having a huge convention there that week. 7 weeks before the Presidential election...no thanks. Even if room opened up, I don't want to be there for that. We spend lots and lots of down time at our resort since we go to WDW often, and we like that week because it is so quiet.

So, I'm sad because I really feel like CSR is "home". However, DH got his was and we are trying out the WL now...so everyone's excited to try something new!
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #63
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Casitas 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

If you paid for a preferred building, you could get Casitas 1, 2 or 3...all close to the main building (food, registraiton, gift shop, etc.) and a bus stop.

Cabanas 9B is very close to the bus stop and main building.

As a breast cancer survivor myself (five years this February), I remember quite clearly the fatigue. Hopefully by the time you go it will be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofrrr View Post
I need your advise - we are going to be staying Coronado in December, my DH had an artificial knee and I just completed treatments for Breast Cancer and still have a little trouble with fatig (we make a great pair) Which building would be best for convenience to a bus stop and the dining? I am thinking 9C 9D or 9E or Casitas 3D or 3C or 4A or 4B
In addition to what KatMark said, I'm not sure about the preferred Casitas, but building 4 and 5 Casitas are elevated off the ground. There are 4 steps or so to get up and down to the first floor. We could only find 2 ramps at each building and it was quite a walk from our room to get to the ramps. The Cabanas do not have steps up to the first floor. So if going up and down 4 steps poses a problem you may want to try Cabanas instead of Casitas.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:17 AM   #64
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

Is Cabanas 9A/B a preferred building?

Me DH DD8 DD4
Old 11-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #65
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2maggie View Post
Is Cabanas 9A/B a preferred building?
No, those two buildings are not preferred. Only the Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred buildings.

Building 9B is the closest to El Centro, but I think certain conventions get "first dibs" on it. 9A is the next building over and it's not far from El Centro either.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #66
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Casitas 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
Maybe she got the numbers from here? This was what I was just looking at:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm

Me DH DD8 DD4
Old 11-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #67
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeA View Post
Well, we had a change of plans. Plans to stay at CSR (our 4th stay) 8/25-9/2 fell through. I called to make reservations, and they are FULL. No standard rooms, no upgraded rooms. All there is available is Jr. Suites. The CM helping me was as shocked as I was...we go that week every summer, and it's a ghost town. The CM has never seen any resort full that week apparently.

DH happened to be home, so started googling conventions at CSR for that week, and a very politically charged group is having a huge convention there that week. 7 weeks before the Presidential election...no thanks. Even if room opened up, I don't want to be there for that. We spend lots and lots of down time at our resort since we go to WDW often, and we like that week because it is so quiet.

So, I'm sad because I really feel like CSR is "home". However, DH got his was and we are trying out the WL now...so everyone's excited to try something new!
Sorry CSR did not work out! Do you happen to remember the dates of the convention or the group's name? I'll Google it, but I want to add it to the list on the first page.

Never mind - I found it. The National Conservative Film Festival will be held at CSR August 31-September 2. I added it to the front page.

Last edited by StitchandPooh'sMom; 11-09-2011 at 09:52 AM. Reason: found info
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #68
flortlebap
Disneyiac!

Apologies if this has been posted already!

I just found a great video on YouTube (13 mins long!) it gives a great overview of each bit!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA3x8hPtN5I
August 1993 - Off Site / August 1996 - CBR / August 1999 - POR / September 2004 - POP / October 2006 - POR /October 2009 - HNY / October 2010 - NPB / May 2012 - CSR / July 2013 - AKL / September 2014 - YC
Old 11-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #69
flortlebap
Disneyiac!

Uh oh.

Whilst having a browse through the thread, I'm now worried the only way you can get interconnecting rooms in this resort is by having a junior suite...

Please tell me that's not the case? It wouldn't be the end of the world but with 4 kids we were hoping to be able to just leave the interconnecting door open at night IYSWIM.
August 1993 - Off Site / August 1996 - CBR / August 1999 - POR / September 2004 - POP / October 2006 - POR /October 2009 - HNY / October 2010 - NPB / May 2012 - CSR / July 2013 - AKL / September 2014 - YC
Old 11-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #70
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by flortlebap View Post
Uh oh.

Whilst having a browse through the thread, I'm now worried the only way you can get interconnecting rooms in this resort is by having a junior suite...

Please tell me that's not the case? It wouldn't be the end of the world but with 4 kids we were hoping to be able to just leave the interconnecting door open at night IYSWIM.
CSR has connecting rooms, but it is only a request. Even if your confirmation says guaranteed connecting, you may arrive at check-in and find that there are not two connecting rooms available. WDW will try to accommodate your request, but if the rooms are not open, they can't give them to you. Many people report that they got their request (at CSR and other resorts), but sometimes they don't. We have requested connecting rooms twice at Beach Club (both in September) - we got them once and didn't get them once.

A junior suite will guarantee you will all be together, but you will have two queens and a pullout instead of four queens - it may not give you the privacy you want unless you take the pullout and put the kids in the queen room.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #71
Laketravis
FP+ is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way - which one's Pink?

Since we will be taking a cab from CSR to other resorts for breakfast each morning, being close to the main building was really the only thing important to us.

So I called and simply asked the CM to put a request of "As close to the main building as possible, please" on my reservation. We'll see what that gets us.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 PM   #72
StitchandPooh'sMom

I have spent the morning Googling conventions for CSR, and the list on the first page has been updated. I have found that the conventions vary widely in size and scope. One church is having a marriage retreat at CSR - how cool is that? Sometimes CSR may be a host hotel, but the events are taking place elsewhere (like the soccer tournament). If there is a convention held during your dates, you may choose to Google the name that I have listed to find out more information. You can get an idea of the schedule by going to the website for a particular convention.

There has been at least one convention each time we have stayed at CSR, and we have only noticed less crowded buses and pools. Now I understand why - many of the conventions are 8-5 daily, and some have scheduled evening activities as well.

I'll continue to update as I find more, but please post here or PM me if you know of something happening at CSR. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #73
StitchandPooh'sMom

I found the dates for the 2012 Grainger show. It is February 26-March 1 at CSR. This does tend to be a large group of people. I haven't read any complaints about rowdiness, but do expect the resort to be crowded during those dates.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #74
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
I found the dates for the 2012 Grainger show. It is February 26-March 1 at CSR. This does tend to be a large group of people. I haven't read any complaints about rowdiness, but do expect the resort to be crowded during those dates.
Was this the group that CSR closed the main pool for last year? It was a huge convention!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #75
ReneeA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Sorry CSR did not work out! Do you happen to remember the dates of the convention or the group's name? I'll Google it, but I want to add it to the list on the first page.

Never mind - I found it. The National Conservative Film Festival will be held at CSR August 31-September 2. I added it to the front page.
The Florida Tea Party will also be there from 8/26-8/31.
1980 offsite, 1988 offsite, Aug 1998 offsite, Apr 1999 offsite, Aug 2005 (free dining) ASMo, Aug 2006 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2007 CSR, Aug 2008 (free dining) CSR, Aug 2010 (free dining) CBR, Aug 2012 WL, Feb 2014 girl's trip AS Sports
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: