Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #46
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Found the thread and it's already on page 3! Great start!

Kathy if it wasn't for the Oct 2010 thread, I would have never given CSR consideration for March 2011. I would have never guessed that we'd stay at CSR 3 times in 2011!

Sad that you are passing the baton, but it's understandable.

Buzz--->Katmark-->StitchandPooh'sMom.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #47
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

Well, I had stayed at CSR many years ago. I really enjoyed it. Have stayed at several other resorts since then. I'm trying to decide where to stay for our April 2012 trip. I thought it may be time to do CSR again. And look what I find... A brand new CSR thread! I'll be very excited to watch it grow. And will probably, most definitely, choose CSR.
Kathy, I saw what you did in the past threads (back when I mostly lurked), you did such an amazing job and clearly showed your love for the resort. I do hope you stay involved!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #48
LJSquishy
DIS Veteran

Thanks to those of you who explained my options for getting from AK to DTD on our arrival day to do a wonderful 1st Disney dinner @ Raglan Road. I think I should definitely make a late-night ADR to try it out like a couple of you suggested!

Wouldn't it be quickest to go from AK park to AKL or CSR and then take the bus to DTD, rather than take a bus to SSR and walk to DTD? I don't think we will take a taxi...it seems hard to justify when there is "free" transportation. I wouldn't mind a 45-minute or so travel considering there is no direct bus.

Me-30: -&- DH-34:
Old 11-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #49
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Wouldn't it be quickest to go from AK park to AKL or CSR and then take the bus to DTD, rather than take a bus to SSR and walk to DTD? I don't think we will take a taxi...it seems hard to justify when there is "free" transportation. I wouldn't mind a 45-minute or so travel considering there is no direct bus.
Probably not. DTD buses are not very frequent, and you could have a long wait at AKL or CSR if you just missed the DTD bus. Buses from the parks to the resorts run every about every 20 minutes (if not more frequently), so you would only have to wait for the SSR bus to come.

I'm not very familiar with SSR, but I think there is a stop that is only about a ten minute walk to DTD.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #50
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Found the thread and it's already on page 3! Great start!

Kathy if it wasn't for the Oct 2010 thread, I would have never given CSR consideration for March 2011. I would have never guessed that we'd stay at CSR 3 times in 2011!

Sad that you are passing the baton, but it's understandable.

Buzz--->Katmark-->StitchandPooh'sMom.
Tink, glad you found the new thread. Mary did a great job; I've got about half the pictures added and hope to finish tme at work tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
Well, I had stayed at CSR many years ago. I really enjoyed it. Have stayed at several other resorts since then. I'm trying to decide where to stay for our April 2012 trip. I thought it may be time to do CSR again. And look what I find... A brand new CSR thread! I'll be very excited to watch it grow. And will probably, most definitely, choose CSR.
Kathy, I saw what you did in the past threads (back when I mostly lurked), you did such an amazing job and clearly showed your love for the resort. I do hope you stay involved!
Thank you for the very kind words. I promise I'm not going anywhere, just some issues I have to deal with at home/work that prevents the amount of time I was able to spend here. I hope you do stay at CSR again...you'll really like the new rooms -- they are beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSquishy View Post
Thanks to those of you who explained my options for getting from AK to DTD on our arrival day to do a wonderful 1st Disney dinner @ Raglan Road. I think I should definitely make a late-night ADR to try it out like a couple of you suggested!

The only problem I foresee with your plan is the wait for a DTD bus. The buses at most resorts going to DTD are extremely slow and you could wait 45 minutes just to get he bus, if not longer. But you can do it your way if you don't mind the risk of waiting that long for a bus.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #51
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

I'm here!!! Happy to be joining the new thread.

Kathy, your contributions will always be treasured, almost as much as you! Glad you will still be around.

I agree; Mary did a fantastic job while you were at WDW. Thank you so much for taking over, Mary!

It's almost 2 years before we return to CSR, but I think the anticipation is half the fun of a WDW trip.

I'll be reading...

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #52
cheerbaybee
Mouseketeer

Yay! a new thread. This thread helps so much when a trip is right around the corner!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #53
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Duplicate post.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #54
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
I'm here!!! Happy to be joining the new thread.

Kathy, your contributions will always be treasured, almost as much as you! Glad you will still be around.

Thank you.

I agree; Mary did a fantastic job while you were at WDW. Thank you so much for taking over, Mary!

I agree...Mary did an awesome job--she is the best!

It's almost 2 years before we return to CSR, but I think the anticipation is half the fun of a WDW trip.

I'll be reading...
Couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerbaybee View Post
Yay! a new thread. This thread helps so much when a trip is right around the corner!
for a trip right around the corner.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #55
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
Probably not. DTD buses are not very frequent, and you could have a long wait at AKL or CSR if you just missed the DTD bus. Buses from the parks to the resorts run every about every 20 minutes (if not more frequently), so you would only have to wait for the SSR bus to come.

I'm not very familiar with SSR, but I think there is a stop that is only about a ten minute walk to DTD.
If you go the SSR option, be sure to have a SSR map in hand!! The resort is huge and you could waist plenty of time trying to find the way to DTD walking. There is a boat, directly behind the main building where you check into SSR and off to the right a bit. It's a very nice boat ride, but we have waited over 30 minutes for the boat too.

Also there is more than one bus stops at SSR, so you'd want to make sure to get off at the right stop.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #56
jenandjuice
Mouseketeer

The new post looks great, glad to see it continued!

I'm planning on being at CSR for Thanksgiving week next year and our decision to go for that resort was purely based on the research I did on these boards and reading what all you pros wrote!

You guys rock!
Old 11-08-2011, 04:37 PM   #57
Haileys Nana
Mouseketeer

I just found the new thread and am all caught up. Mary, thank you for continuing this thread. We all appreciate it and realize it takes lots of work. I really enjoy it and would miss it if it ended. I know you'll do a great job because you've always been so helpful in answering all of our questions. Kathy, you have done such a wonderful job on this thread that even though many of us have not met, we feel like we know each other. It takes a special warm person to create that kind of atmosphere on the boards. Please pop in often to let us know what's going on with you. Hugs to you both.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:51 PM   #58
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haileys Nana View Post
I just found the new thread and am all caught up. Mary, thank you for continuing this thread. We all appreciate it and realize it takes lots of work. I really enjoy it and would miss it if it ended. I know you'll do a great job because you've always been so helpful in answering all of our questions. Kathy, you have done such a wonderful job on this thread that even though many of us have not met, we feel like we know each other. It takes a special warm person to create that kind of atmosphere on the boards. Please pop in often to let us know what's going on with you. Hugs to you both.
Thanks! Kathy has made it all very easy for me - she did all the work for the last thread, and I only needed to update a few things to make it current. I don't have the CSR knowledge she does, but I'll work hard to find the answers!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #59
Dis_Yoda
DIS Veteran

We were in Cabanas 8A last week of October & had a regular alarm clock. We did have free internet the entire time.

Only thing we didn't like was that we had the handicapped king bed room & thus didn't have that nice divider between the bathroom and bedroom and had the shallow bathtub.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #60
momofrrr
ILOVEEEYORE

which would you choose?

I need your advise - we are going to be staying Coronado in December, my DH had an artificial knee and I just completed treatments for Breast Cancer and still have a little trouble with fatig (we make a great pair) Which building would be best for convenience to a bus stop and the dining? I am thinking 9C 9D or 9E or Casitas 3D or 3C or 4A or 4B

DH Me DS (26) DD (22) DD (18)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: