Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #211
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
I know at least Liberty Tree Tavern is sponsored by Stauffers..so the Mac and Cheese is from Stauffers. I don't think that any of the restaurants "make their own" from what I have seen of my kids meals.
Liberty Tree Tavern is no longer sponsored by Stouffers. The new sponsor is Ocean Spray (the cranberry people).
Old 10-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #212
vossjemi
I LUV 2 Travel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburnin View Post
Thanks to the tips on this thread, I called disney reservations and was able to upgrade my 9 year old son to the adult plan. He eats well and isn't afraid to try new things and we knew he'd want the adult selections for our TS meals.

We obviously had to upgrade the ticket to adult, but with free dining during our week, it was only a $25 cost.

The agent at disney was great to work with and said they get a lot of 8-9 year old boys that tend to upgrade with their growing appetites. This will make our lives easier at both TS and CS.

Thanks DISers!!!! My wife says he'll eat that $25 in his first meal. HA!
Hmmm....I was just thinking about doing this myself. Our 9 year old son will definitely eat the larger portions and when looking over menus, I KNOW he'd eat the ribs at cosmic rays as opposed to the chicken nuggets or mac and cheese most places seem to have. We also have an 11 year old daughter who eats like a bird and notoriously gets mac and cheese. Go figure. Can I let her use the kid credit and him the adult credit?

But I may just upgrade in case we get into a sticky situation where they both want the adult meal. We are only there 4 nights and 2 of our TS are breakfast buffets so it should only affect the other 2 TS and the CS credits. Was your $25 increase for a 7 day trip or $25 per day or what? Thanks!
vossjemi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #213
audrey2580
DIS Veteran

Can an adult order off the kids menu at a Counter Service while of the DDP? I'm thinking of changing my nephew to the adult DDP for the table service but he may want the kids lunch at the CS.
audrey2580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #214
bigqt1
Earning My Ears

Upgrade a 9 year old HOW?

Hi everyone-

How do you upgrade a 9 year old to the adult plan? I did not book through disney and I got the free dining plan. When I called the travel agency that I booked through - they said I would have to cancel and rebook everything and the price has gone up since I booked. Is there anyway to upgrade my 9 year old through Disney without the travel agent getting involved?

Thanks
bigqt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:43 AM   #215
MVC1225
Mouseketeer

I understand that if you have an adult TS credit you can use this on a child's TS entree. If you do order the entree from the kid's menu, can you still get dessert from the adult menu?

Additionally, which restaurants have the "junior" meals if an adult orders the entree from the kid's menu?

Thank you.
Future Trips: January 2015 - FW

MVC1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #216
DCDisney
On my way...

You can't always order a kids TS meal with an adult TS credit. Usually you can but not always. Sometimes they will give you an adult sized portion of kids food and sometimes it will be a kids sized portion. Yes, if they allow and adult to order kids food they should still allow you an adult sized dessert. Typically the non-WDW owned places are less flexible on this (perhaps it affects their reimbursement?). Places like Akershus seem like they are always fine swapping adult/kid but don't give extra food. Typically you are better off ordering an adult entree and modifying it (leave off sauces, etc) if you can find something that works.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:52 PM   #217
caribear
I love WDW!

Just want to confirm that CS credits are all bunched into one group...not divided by adult/child. Not looking for any hints/tricks...or anything else....just an answer to my posted question. Thanks!
Disney Dream 01/29/2012 RCCL Navigator of the Seas 4-night Western Caribbean 2/17/2011 RCCL Oasis of the Seas 11/6/2010 - an incredible family vacation!!
Disney Magic 2/6/10 - Western Caribbean 8 night adventure!, Disney Wonder - Bahamas 5/06, Caribbean Princess- Eastern Caribbean 12/05, Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 12/01, Sovereign of the Seas - Pre-Honeymoon cruise 03/01, Carnival Sensation- Western Caribbean 9/98
caribear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:47 AM   #218
got2luvtink
DIS Veteran

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburnin View Post
Thanks to the tips on this thread, I called disney reservations and was able to upgrade my 9 year old son to the adult plan. He eats well and isn't afraid to try new things and we knew he'd want the adult selections for our TS meals.

We obviously had to upgrade the ticket to adult, but with free dining during our week, it was only a $25 cost.

The agent at disney was great to work with and said they get a lot of 8-9 year old boys that tend to upgrade with their growing appetites. This will make our lives easier at both TS and CS.

Thanks DISers!!!! My wife says he'll eat that $25 in his first meal. HA!
I don't think this is accurate. Not even looking at the numbers here, just going off my own situation (I'm doing the same thing for ds), and based off what I already know.

The $25 sounds about right for the increase in ticket price, but the upgrade for CS to TS is $11 per night, if you are there for say a 6 night week, that's $66. Add the ticket upgrade, that's around $91. Of course the cost would go up, the more nights you stay.

Still a good deal to me, but not $25.

Last edited by got2luvtink; 10-26-2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling
got2luvtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #219
vossjemi
I LUV 2 Travel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2luvtink View Post
I don't think this is accurate. Not even looking at the numbers here, just going off my own situation (I'm doing the same thing for ds), and based off what I already know.

The $25 sounds about right for the increase in ticket price, but the upgrade for CS to TS is $11 per night, if you are there for say a 6 night week, that's $66. Add the ticket upgrade, that's around $91. Of course the cost would go up, the more nights you stay.

Still a good deal to me, but not $25.
Its accurate if the poster has free dining. I know because that is what we did. Upgraded our 9yo son to adult. All you pay is the difference in ticket price. Then since dining is free, he can order off the adult menu since he is listed as an adult.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #220
got2luvtink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossjemi View Post
Its accurate if the poster has free dining. I know because that is what we did. Upgraded our 9yo son to adult. All you pay is the difference in ticket price. Then since dining is free, he can order off the adult menu since he is listed as an adult.
I'm doing the same thing during free dining too. I had to pay for the ticket upgrade from child to adult ticket. I also had to pay an extra $11/nt for ds to upgrade from the child TS plan to the adult TS plan.

Now if we were just on the CS plan during free dining, then we would only have to pay for ticket upgrade.

Shoot, if you're saying you got to skip out on the dining upgrade fee, then maybe I need to call Disney and get my money back!

But seriously, I couldn't really see Disney letting a child eat on the reg adult DDP basically for free. And now that I think about it, I'm wondering if OP is staying at a Mod or Deluxe, because if you're at a Value, TSDP is not free.

Last edited by got2luvtink; 10-27-2011 at 12:36 AM.
got2luvtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:45 AM   #221
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2luvtink View Post
I'm doing the same thing during free dining too. I had to pay for the ticket upgrade from child to adult ticket. I also had to pay an extra $11/nt for ds to upgrade from the child TS plan to the adult TS plan.

Now if we were just on the CS plan during free dining, then we would only have to pay for ticket upgrade.

Shoot, if you're saying you got to skip out on the dining upgrade fee, then maybe I need to call Disney and get my money back!

But seriously, I couldn't really see Disney letting a child eat on the reg adult DDP basically for free. And now that I think about it, I'm wondering if OP is staying at a Mod or Deluxe, because if you're at a Value, TSDP is not free.
I think you figured it out. If you're staying at a value, you only get free QSDP and have to pay to upgrade to DDP and the price of ticket. If you're staying at mod or deluxe, you get free DDP and only have to pay price of ticket to upgrade a child to adult.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:31 AM   #222
vossjemi
I LUV 2 Travel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
I think you figured it out. If you're staying at a value, you only get free QSDP and have to pay to upgrade to DDP and the price of ticket. If you're staying at mod or deluxe, you get free DDP and only have to pay price of ticket to upgrade a child to adult.
This is correct. We are at staying at a mod resort, so we are on a free DDP not QSDP, so we don't have to upgrade that. We have DDP already. Ours was ticket price increase only...which was about $25 total to change him from child to adult. No other fees.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #223
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossjemi View Post
This is correct. We are at staying at a mod resort, so we are on a free DDP not QSDP, so we don't have to upgrade that. We have DDP already. Ours was ticket price increase only...which was about $25 total to change him from child to adult. No other fees.
Having just read this, I've had to go and email my travel agent to see how much to upgrade DD aged 8 lol!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #224
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Hmmm Disney have just informed my Travel Agent that a "child" is a "CHILD" and you cannot upgrade them to an adult!!!!!! Okay, going to give it a few hours and wait for a shift change for a more knowledgable CM!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #225
vossjemi
I LUV 2 Travel!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Hmmm Disney have just informed my Travel Agent that a "child" is a "CHILD" and you cannot upgrade them to an adult!!!!!! Okay, going to give it a few hours and wait for a shift change for a more knowledgable CM!!!!
Well, I hope it works out for you. We just got back and had absolutely no problems at all. My TA is DU from these boards and they upgraded my 9 yo son to 10 and all we paid was the ticket price increase. Our key to the world cards listed him as an adult and he was able to order as an adult the entire trip. And I'm glad we did because he out ate most of us and would have NEVER been satisfied with chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, and pizza. At the F&W, he was all about the escargot. And at Cape May, he had 3 plates of mussels before he started on the crab legs. At 50's Prime Time, he had the pork loin. He ate his entire chicken bbq pizza at WPE, as well as the bounty breakfast platters at various quick service places. Some meals were buffets where it didn't make a difference, but at sit down TS or QS, he was glad he didn't have to be stuck with a kiddie meal. Heck, when we went to Clearwater for the rest of our trip, he ordered grilled swordfish with a port wine demi glaze and bleu cheese on top and ate every bite! He also had a 10oz sirloin another night. And he's actually not a "big" kid. He's lean and muscular with an excellent palette for a 9 year old. He likes to cook, and I'm thinking I may have a chef on my hands.

Last edited by vossjemi; 11-04-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: