Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #16
MDDisneyDevotee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcountess View Post
OH MY GOODNESS!!! We still own a condo off Silverbrook near the Burger King and currently rent it out. We bought a house over on the Mason Neck side off Old Colchester Road.

WHAT A DARN SMALL WORLD!!! *singing its a Small World song in the background
You won't believe this, but I owned a condo across the street from the Burger King (next to the Comfort Inn) that I rented out. I sold it in 2007 when I thought the market could go no higher.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #17
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have never Twitter'd or it Tweeted. Is there a link or direction on how to find this group?

Any help is appreciated
~Denise
I know TraciLeigh is one, as is jjzmgailey. If you post something in the main Mom's Panel Thread, you might be able to connect with others who will be there!

Since my next planned Disney trip isn't until I go to Disneyland next November, I'm debating on starting a running regimen and doing the Expedition Everest Challenge in May or the Wine & Dine in the fall, just to be able to qualify for the 2013 Panel.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #18
MDDisneyDevotee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I know TraciLeigh is one, as is jjzmgailey. If you post something in the main Mom's Panel Thread, you might be able to connect with others who will be there!

Since my next planned Disney trip isn't until I go to Disneyland next November, I'm debating on starting a running regimen and doing the Expedition Everest Challenge in May or the Wine & Dine in the fall, just to be able to qualify for the 2013 Panel.
Maybe you should do Everest since Wine and Dine might be cutting it close for the panel qualification. Although I would love to have company for the Wine and Dine. It'll be my first endurance event and, you know, misery loved company.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #19
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDDisneyDevotee View Post
No, but I am determined to run the Wine and Dine next year. I just started running a few weeks ago (though I've been walking forever) so I'm pretty sure a half marathon in February would kill me.
I am a wogger (walk/jogger). I did 3 Half Marathons last year - including the Princess and Wine and Dine. I would love to geek chat with you about Disney and the Wine and Dine
pinkcountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #20
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Joining in from the mom's panel thread. Thanks for starting this one. I'm Marsha from out by Dulles Airport. December 10th would probably work for me. My DD has something at school in the AM but I could either join late or we could start in the later morning/early afternoon, esp to give those who are coming from larger distances time to travel.

Some ideas:

- Washington DC museum and/or the Ellipse Christmas tree area

- The Gaylord Hotel - they have awesome indoor fountain show, snow in the lobby, ICE!, Christmas carolers, etc

- Tysons Corner Centre -- got to go to the Disney store but we can eat at a restaurant or just hit the food court

I'm not tied to any of these ... just trying to get some ideas going ...
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #21
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Joining in from the mom's panel thread. Thanks for starting this one. I'm Marsha from out by Dulles Airport. December 10th would probably work for me. My DD has something at school in the AM but I could either join late or we could start in the later morning/early afternoon, esp to give those who are coming from larger distances time to travel.

Some ideas:

- The Gaylord Hotel - they have awesome indoor fountain show, snow in the lobby, ICE!, Christmas carolers, etc

- Tysons Corner Centre -- got to go to the Disney store but we can eat at a restaurant or just hit the food court

Hi Marsha! I live by Dulles Airport, too!

I like all of these ideas!

www.theadultsideofdisney.com

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
princessmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #22
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am a wogger (walk/jogger). I did 3 Half Marathons last year - including the Princess and Wine and Dine. I would love to geek chat with you about Disney and the Wine and Dine
When we meet up, you'll have to tell me all about the races! DH knew I was bummed about the panel, so he said, "Let's go run a 5K during Marathon Weekend." I could probably swing a 5k by then, but ultimately I'd like to do a half marathon sometime.

Aquí se puede encontrar mis blog posts acerca de Disney en español- www.theadultsideofdisney.com/en-espanol/
Old 11-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #23
pinkcountess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
- Tysons Corner Centre -- got to go to the Disney store but we can eat at a restaurant or just hit the food court ...
Totally Off/Topic but did everyone realize the Disney Outlet at Potomac Mills Mall sells Disneyland Park merchandise. The merchandise is either surplus, discontinued, off-season, etc... but they have some great deals at some good prices. The store told me they are one of 11 stores nationwide that gets Disneyland merchandise. They get shipments in monthly except for either July...or was it August...during the first part of the month.

Something to think about for holiday shopping - just sayin
pinkcountess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #24
princessmorgan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think that ship has sailed. I've heard from some other people via Twitter that they had the same thing happen to them in previous years.

You know at first, this morning, I was like, "You've got to be kidding. All this waiting and I don't even warrant a rejection? I've gotta sit her forever imagining my poor lonely lost application print out gathering dust under some conference table? The fates are so cruel."

Then I realized, this is the first time I've applied and I did so expecting absolutely nothing. I'm glad to have even made it to round two and there's always next year...and the year after that...and the year after that
You have a great attitude! That's awesome that you made it to R2 on your first try!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #25
MDDisneyDevotee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am so excited to start participating in half-marathons! Particularly because it gives me something else to plan my Disney trips around. I would love to chat with someone who's experienced 3 halfs. I think I'm probably a wogger as well. I'm doing Jeff Galloway's run-walk program, and am only currently at a 20 sec running to 1 minute walking ratio at the moment, but am doing 45 - 60 minutes per day. I've only been at it for a couple of weeks though.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #26
MDDisneyDevotee
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Some ideas:

Hi Marsha. Glad you joined us over here. I like all your proposed ideas. I haven't been to ICE! yet and have been meaning to since it came to Gaylord. Really any of the ideas would work for me. I think one of the mom hopefuls had mentioned a winery which could be nice too.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #27
MDDisneyDevotee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
When we meet up, you'll have to tell me all about the races! DH knew I was bummed about the panel, so he said, "Let's go run a 5K during Marathon Weekend." I could probably swing a 5k by then, but ultimately I'd like to do a half marathon sometime.
As soon as I read this post I was thinking..what a good idea. I could handle a 5K in Feb. Then I realized we don't actually arrive until Saturday late morning. I might have to think about changing our arrival date...
Old 11-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #28
MDDisneyDevotee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Totally Off/Topic but did everyone realize the Disney Outlet at Potomac Mills Mall sells Disneyland Park merchandise. The merchandise is either surplus, discontinued, off-season, etc... but they have some great deals at some good prices. The store told me they are one of 11 stores nationwide that gets Disneyland merchandise. They get shipments in monthly except for either July...or was it August...during the first part of the month.

Glad you posted this as I didn't even know there was a Disney outlet at Potomac Mills. I may have to check it out tomorrow since I'll be at the IKEA looking for a larger bed for my son...Who is now officially the tallest person in the house
Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #29
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:

Oh, I haven't been to Potomac Mills in so long -- maybe I need to get out there this holiday season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmorgan View Post
Hi Marsha! I live by Dulles Airport, too!

I like all of these ideas!
small world!

I was at the July 4th Leesburg parade when this young woman came up to me and said hello! I didn't know her at all but she said she read my TR and recognized us from the pictures. What a great thing! She is off at college now but still checks in on DIS.

I always wonder who else from this area might be on DIS?

Quote:
Hi Marsha. Glad you joined us over here. I like all your proposed ideas. I haven't been to ICE! yet and have been meaning to since it came to Gaylord. Really any of the ideas would work for me. I think one of the mom hopefuls had mentioned a winery which could be nice too.
We went to ICE! 2 years ago and it was a lot of fun. It is expensive when you add up the admission, parking, food/drinks, etc. It's also VERY cold in there and once you leave you can't go back in. But sliding down the ice slides with my girls was a LOT of fun! The ice sculptures are truly unbelievable, particularly the Nativity Scene at the end, if they still do that.

I definitely recommend doing it once -- you have to pre-purchase your tickets on-line if you are going on a weekend though...they sell out quickly.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #30
my4kidsluvdisney
Mouseketeer

Hi there everyone! I'm up in Rochester, NY but would not rule out a road trip! Can someone send me a zip code so I can get an approx. idea how far away you are? Also.. fyi.. got a twitter message from marcmantoo... there is going to be a meetup here in Rochester with Mark (from the mom's panel) to go see the muppet movie on nov. 26th... if anyone wants to head this way.. we're not far from Niagara Falls...and we've got a GREAT children's museum too.. the Strong National Museum of Play!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: