Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

I bought the game right away but haven't played it much. I have only made it to the Main Street section (just beat the first boss) and I like the Disney flare but am really unhappy about the camera stuff. I tend to get motion sick in games like this and find this one to be particularly bad for me. I am forever trying to adjust camera angles to catch everything and gauge distances to avoid jumping into thinner or the abyss. Blech.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
ShaggyB
Spider-Mouse

Im currently backlogged in my gaming, too much OT at work and I've gone back to complete a BS degree (Wooo next december im done). For Christmas I got Epic Mickey (wii of course) and Castlevania Lords of Shadow (xbox360). So ive been going through Castlevania first. (Mainly due to my love of the original game back when i was 8.)

on a Disney gaming side.... I recently picked up an old Super Nintendo Mickey Mouse game, Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse. So ive enjoyed that for a few hours last weekend.
ShaggyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:02 AM   #18
gibson424
Sticks Mulch...sometimes

It's one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. It's bad enough that the controls are horrible and the camera is inconsistent, but the fact that the story is SO AWESOME and the areas look so cool makes me want to keep exploring....but that means fighting the horrible controls. I think I'd rather just watch an animated movie based on this story.

gibson424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #19
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterScott View Post
It's one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. It's bad enough that the controls are horrible and the camera is inconsistent, but the fact that the story is SO AWESOME and the areas look so cool makes me want to keep exploring....but that means fighting the horrible controls. I think I'd rather just watch an animated movie based on this story.
I think you get used to it after a bit, not that it makes it OK.

But Scott - no fair goofin' with your post count!

***Ultimate Orlando w/DIS, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14***Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #20
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I'm thinking about getting back into this game. I've put it down for several months. Anyone still playing?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #21
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I'm thinking about getting back into this game. I've put it down for several months. Anyone still playing?
Yes. We too put it down for a bit. Rented Lego PotC at the library and want it badly now! But the kids always like going back to Epic Mickey. And each time we play it I really enjoy it! I love the story and the Insider bits of info. They certainly captured that Disney wonder in the game.
I am curious how Disney Universe is? I don't know much about it but don't find the initial look interesting.

***Ultimate Orlando w/DIS, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14***Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #22
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

DP beat it while visiting some friends over the 4th of July. The end was a bit anti climactic. With the snow going to fly soon, I foresee replaying it on our own system.

Also looking forward to Disney Universe. But for the Xbox 360, not the Wii. Unfortunately, DP plays video games too much and the Xbox is fried (red ring of death) and we need to get a new one. Just waiting to see if there will be any good Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals/bundles.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #23
WorldWacky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Haven't thought about it for months. I'm not a gamer, so the camera angles don't bother me like they do other people, but I got stuck in one particular room for a while and then life got in the way. Maybe it would be fun to pick it up again this winter.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:08 AM   #24
luke
Señor Mejor

I got a fair bit through then stopped also, I just don't like the Wii controls. The sequel will be on proper consoles won't it?

Old 11-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #25
latexscooter
Be nice even if it takes some effort.

I played through it three times because I was trying to get all the achievements with films, etc. But I really hate gaming on the Wii so I finally just traded in the Wii and all the games for credit. Its a shame they decided to make it a Wii exclusive game because it could have been better.

I already picked up a copy of Disney's Universe for Xbox but won't be able to play until Christmas since it's a present for my daughter (but she shares ). I've heard it plays a lot like Little Big People. Should be fun. Anyone playing that?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: