Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #1321
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info. It was for friends of mine who aren't arriving until that late. I told them to just get it themselves. I wouldn't my luggage staying overnight in the airport either much less spinning on the carousel for who knows how long!

DisneyGuess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #1322
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

We have an 11:15 arrival in Nov and the instructions in our ME packet say to retrieve our own bags and bring them to the bus.
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #1323
bluegrass
Earning My Ears

1)Our departure flight out of MCO is at 7:45 am. What time will our ME bus pick us up (usually)? Also, we will have 2 bags that will need to be checked and since the RAC doesn't open until 5:00 how can we do this? Should I take them there the day before? If I do it will be before we leave to go to the parks (7:30 am approx)as I will not be coming back during the day before their 1:00 pm closure.

2) Also, how and when will I get my return boarding pass for my flight back?
bluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #1324
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post
1)Our departure flight out of MCO is at 7:45 am. What time will our ME bus pick us up (usually)? Also, we will have 2 bags that will need to be checked and since the RAC doesn't open until 5:00 how can we do this? Should I take them there the day before? If I do it will be before we leave to go to the parks (7:30 am approx)as I will not be coming back during the day before their 1:00 pm closure.

Your bus will be leaving around 4:45. Be sure you have your Magical Express confirmation, if not delivered and correct at your room morning the day before checkout day, then gotten from the resort front desk said morning of day before checkout.

You must bring your bags to the Magical Express bus platform. No other choice.

Your airline may or may not have an advance boarding pass pickup via the resort concierge or resort business center computers or it may or may not have advance check in via phone. At any rate you will always be able to get your boarding pass at the airport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
We have an 11:15 arrival in Nov and the instructions in our ME packet say to retrieve our own bags and bring them to the bus.
Correct, for actual arrival into Orlandol after 10 PM.
Today's riddle: Q: Why are there these 20 foot timber or stucco walls between the freeway and people's back yards? A: So people living there don't put up huge Christmas light displays and distract passing motorists.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 10-05-2011 at 09:50 AM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #1325
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass View Post

RAC can't be used the day before, it has to be same day, a minimum of 3 hours before flight time. Therefore, anyone flying out before 8:00 a.m. is ineligible to use RAC. As seashoreCM says, you'll have to bring your luggage to the bus; the driver will load them under the bus, and then will unload them for you at the airport, then you will bring them to your airline's ticket counter or curbside check-in.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #1326
Susiesnowflake
DIS Veteran

I understand that your bags must be checked at the RAC desk at least 3 hrs before your flight. My flight departs at 9:35 am, so my bags need to be checked by 6:35 am. If I am there by 6:00 am, do you think I will have sufficient time? I am wondering how busy the RAC lines at the Poly are in the early morning.
Susiesnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #1327
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesnowflake View Post
I understand that your bags must be checked at the RAC desk at least 3 hrs before your flight. My flight departs at 9:35 am, so my bags need to be checked by 6:35 am. If I am there by 6:00 am, do you think I will have sufficient time? I am wondering how busy the RAC lines at the Poly are in the early morning.
Should be okay..it usually takes about 10 mins once you start the process. There shouldn't be muich of a line at 6am.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 AM   #1328
E2ME2
ET

A little off topic, but ME related-
Do you have to use ME from MCO on the day of arrival of your flight, or can it be later than that. .... say if you stay with someone near MCO, and they take you back to the airport the day of your check-in, can you still hop on board with your luggage??
BWV - January 2014
Coming Up:
AULANI - January 2015

E2ME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #1329
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
A little off topic, but ME related-
Do you have to use ME from MCO on the day of arrival of your flight, or can it be later than that. .... say if you stay with someone near MCO, and they take you back to the airport the day of your check-in, can you still hop on board with your luggage??
As long as your reservation is in effect, then yes, you can ride DME at any time. So....for instance...you arrive in Orlando on a Monday but stay with friends until your WDW reservation starts on Thursday. Your friends drop you at MCO on Thursday morning, and you head to the DME checkin area, with your bags. No problem at all. Just be sure you make that reservation.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #1330
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

I know that our DME luggage tags will arrive seperate from our resort package Mickey Mail. I thought I read that our DME things will arrive by Fedex, is that right? Or does it come regular mail like the Disney package stuff?

Old 11-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #1331
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
I know that our DME luggage tags will arrive seperate from our resort package Mickey Mail. I thought I read that our DME things will arrive by Fedex, is that right? Or does it come regular mail like the Disney package stuff?
The DME packet arrives in a regular business envelope via U.S. Mail.

My most recent DME envelope arrived four weeks before our travel date.

If you don't have it two weeks before travel I would recommend calling DME Guest Services. Then they might use FedEx to make sure you get it in time.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #1332
mamasha
Mouseketeer

I called about 3 weeks out and was told it was going out....never came...hoping all goes ok since we need to give ME our claim tickets...no yellow tags for us...not a magical way to start our vacation but hey it's ok we will be indisney later today
Old 11-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #1333
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info!
I guess I should have waited a hour before asking, lol, since our DME stuff was in the mail today!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #1334
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

My flight home is at 7:35 pm. I am planning on spending the day in the parks (of course) I need to be out of the room by 8 am. Can I use RAC this early?

TIA

Kim
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #1335
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirurgeon View Post
My flight home is at 7:35 pm. I am planning on spending the day in the parks (of course) I need to be out of the room by 8 am. Can I use RAC this early?

TIA

Kim
Sure....the RAC counter opens at 5am. It used to be that you could't use RAC more than 12 hrs prior to your departure time. But, some have said that isn't the case. You should be fine.....just take your checked bags with you when you leave the room, and get them checked at RAC. Then go about your day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: