Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I'm giving up Black Friday for a Disney Cruise! A DCL PTR/TR - 1/28 NEW PTR!!!

Hi there everyone!!!! I am Happy Dog, a Disney fan from head to toe, or tail if you consider my DIS name!!

This won't be our first cruise, but it will be our first week-long cruise with our children! The second Disney cruise for them, but the fifth Disney cruise for DH and I. We are celebrating THANKSGIVING aboard the MAGIC! So please join us as we count down, just TWENTY-FIVE days away , to our MAGICal Thanksgiving Vacation!!!

As this PTR/TR title suggests, I have given up my long-standing tradition of BLACK FRIDAY shopping to go on this cruise.

I know, I know, small price to pay, but I am a creature of habit and tradition, and darn it, I LIKE my Black Friday shopping extravaganzas!!! Never mind that I don't really do that much shopping... Yes, I admit, I am the person who gets up at the crack of dawn, well BEFORE dawn, right? Puts on her uggs, a baseball cap, and armed with coffee and the ads from the newspaper, heads out to battle the crowds, long lines, and crazy people. MOSTLY because I really just like going, and it puts me in the Christmas Spirit. Well, okay, it GETS me into the spirit. It signals the official start to Christmas for me! And darn it, if all I come back with are my 99 cent poinsettias from Home Depot, so what!? It was fun!!! Okay, I usually buy more, but you know that woman in the Target commercials? Yeah, well that is me. Well almost, but practically, me.

When my DH started thinking about this cruise and told me about it, I had a moment of panic when I realized I would be missing this day... OF course I quickly came to my senses, and am bursting with excitement to be back on a Disney cruise, but I will be twitching in my sleep, I guarantee it, come the morning after Thanksgiving!

SO, just by way of introductions, let me tell you that joining my DH and our two children will be my DMIL and DFIL. THIS will make it also very interesting.... Frankly, I hope I survive that, to be honest, never mind Black Friday withdrawl... No seriously, I love my inlaws. Yes, yes, I do, and it will be a great vacation to have them with us. I know they are going to have a great time!

I don't have a photo of them, but here is DH and I from this summer....

It is actually a photo of the Palo's Dinner picture I purchased, hence the glare... I know that is lame, but I didn't have many photos of us as a couple from that cruise, something I have to rectify this cruise!!!

And then here are our little boys, DS6 and DS9...

As devilish as they are cute.

DH, the kidlets, and I were on a five-night double CCay cruise on the Disney Dream this past summer. You can read about it on the PTR or TR that I am wrapping up. All those links are in my signature!! DH and I have been on Disney cruises solo as well, and have not been on the Magic since 2000! So it will be fun to go back on one of the classic ships after being on the Dream. I have already done some pre-cruise shopping, planning, and plotting! Made some reservations on-board, and I am really looking forward to our vacation! I hope that you will join us for this countdown to Turkey Day!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *

Last edited by Happydog; 01-28-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:56 AM   #2
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I laughed out loud when I saw your title -- it is so you!!! I would offer to do Black Friday in your stead, but you know I can't handle that! I will be thinking of you while we put up the Christmas tree and drinking Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks the day after Thanksgiving.

Hey, maybe they have Black Friday shopping deals on the boat...

Seriously, you are going to have a GREAT time!!! I am excited to be here for all the fun and planning!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Just read that you started this! I will get to looking for a certain pirate head piece for you!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I'm in! I'd much rather cruise than deal with holiday shopping!

Jill in CO
Old 10-25-2011, 04:08 PM   #5
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here! I laughed out loud when I saw your title -- it is so you!!! I would offer to do Black Friday in your stead, but you know I can't handle that! I will be thinking of you while we put up the Christmas tree and drinking Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks the day after Thanksgiving.

Hey, maybe they have Black Friday shopping deals on the boat...

Seriously, you are going to have a GREAT time!!! I am excited to be here for all the fun and planning!!!
Oh you are going to have a great Thanksgiving too! That peppermint mocha/tree trimming would be my plan, you know it!!!

Oh I know, it is all tounge and cheek of course!!! LOL!! I have heard they do have holiday deals on the boat, so who knows!!! I better have a tan when this week is out, that is all I can say!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Just read that you started this! I will get to looking for a certain pirate head piece for you!

HELLO!! I am so glad you found me, b/c I have not made the link yet!!!!

Yes, that would be great!!!! Thank you Ms. Anita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in! I'd much rather cruise than deal with holiday shopping!

Jill in CO
GREAT!!!! Well, secretly, me too!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it.

jeremysdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

okay...I am here with you and I will probably join you in not making Black Friday shopping this year...I think I have to work?!?! Id rather be on a cruise
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

On board. The kids wanna do a week long crusie.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Joining the cruise countdown

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

WOOT WOOT look who I found!!! YAYAYAYAAY!!! Well I guess I'll do Black Friday for the both of us! I'm starting to make my list of the things I want to find that day!!! However a cruise...well I could easily make the sacrifice LOL!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:12 AM   #11
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it.
Howdy!!!! YOU found me!!! YAY!!!! I have not added the link to my signature yet, I better!!! Gosh, we are BOTH getting close!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
okay...I am here with you and I will probably join you in not making Black Friday shopping this year...I think I have to work?!?! Id rather be on a cruise
Well I wouldn't want to shop on that day if I happened to be working, either, so there is always CYBER Monday they say

We are definitely looking forward to the cruise!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
On board. The kids wanna do a week long crusie.
I am looking forward to this one too!! We have another lined up for Next November on the Fantasy, I am curious how this one will go -- we LOVED our family cruise this past summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
Joining the cruise countdown
THANKS!!! HI my Scottish penpal!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
WOOT WOOT look who I found!!! YAYAYAYAAY!!! Well I guess I'll do Black Friday for the both of us! I'm starting to make my list of the things I want to find that day!!! However a cruise...well I could easily make the sacrifice LOL!!!!
HEY!!!! SO glad you did!!! I have been swimming since I got back from all our fun at the F & W!!! I was out of town for work twice!!! Finally get to settle down for my two week count down

Old 11-05-2011, 07:18 AM   #12
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Two weeks!!!

Okay, so my Ticker appears to be off somehow!!! We leave for our Cruise FRIDAY the 18th, and the ship takes off on the 19th, so in my mind that is still 13 days away until we take the plane, and 14 days away until we leave on the MAGIC!!!! So decisions decisions... what to do for that countdown!!! Do I fix my ticker??!! LOL!!!

MORE Importantly.... DO we tell the kids??!! Now they were curious and excited about the last cruise, but I kinda wanted to tell them about this one IN advance!!! So, HOW is the question. I guess I will continue to mull this over... : I kinda liked the idea of a week-long countdown. We could do something starting next week... like a day by day "This time NEXT WEEK We will be..."? What do you think? I could just give them a card with some details each day? NOT sure yet... decisions decisions!!!! It will come this weekend I am sure! I have to go get some supplies to finish my FEs today, so I will definitely be thinking CRUISE...

More details and pics to start coming! I am finishing FINALLY, SERIOUSLY, REALLY!!! My Summer TR.... Come check that out if you are interested, we were on the Dream for part of it! ALSO, I have to check with SOONERgirl, to see if we are ready to start our F & W, MNSSHP extravaganza!!!

Old 11-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #13
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for two weeks!!! That means in two weeks we will be on Thanksgiving break! I need it!

Sounds like a fun weekend of finishing the TR and working on FE stuff.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #14
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

LOL all of us teachers are thinking alike...my first thought was WHOA...Thanksgiving is two weeks away WOOT WOOT!!!

You are so creative I have no doubt that your idea to tell the boys will be superb and I can't wait to see how you do it!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray for two weeks!!! That means in two weeks we will be on Thanksgiving break! I need it!

Sounds like a fun weekend of finishing the TR and working on FE stuff.
I know!!! So much fun!!! You definitely will enjoy your break I have no doubt, and I will be wishing I was drinking peppermint mochas, too!!!!

I just can't believe it is almost here!!! Thanksgiving??!! That means DECEMBER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
LOL all of us teachers are thinking alike...my first thought was WHOA...Thanksgiving is two weeks away WOOT WOOT!!!

You are so creative I have no doubt that your idea to tell the boys will be superb and I can't wait to see how you do it!!

Thanks Jen! I still have to send you some info, and I will! I just got back from a little work trip so I have not had my head screwed on straight since we got back from WDW!!!!

YES, can you believe it is coming up so quick!!!

I am thinking about my plans, don't worry....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: