Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #31
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

We are back!

Hello all,

We are back and we had a wonderful trip. I have over 300 photos to sort through, so it will be a bit before I get the ones I want loaded to photo bucket so I can do the TR right. But I'll start with a summary.

Travel day went well. I put the sign I made on the inside of dd's window and when she shut the door she almost fell out of her seat. A bit of a bump in the road at the airport. Terminal parking was full. 9000 plus spaces in the daily lot and all taken. I had to turn around and take us to a park and ride lot. Thank goodness we had plenty of time. All in all it wasn't bad and I'm now considering using it again. Ds did okay on the plane, but something was bothering him. I found out once we got to the hotel it was his tummy. Back to back diaper changes and he was himself again. I don't think I'll be traveling at dinner time again. That is his usual time to...well. You can guess.

The Springhill Suites was very nice and I would not hesitate to stay there again. The room was exactly what we needed with plenty of space to spread out. The shuttle service was reliable and on schedule and the included breakfast was typical, but they also had fruit which I don't often see. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful.

Touring wise, we accomplished everything we "wanted" to do. We had some rain, especially on Friday, but everyone kept a good attitude. Dd said it was still better than a sunny day when I have to work. First I'll say, dd declined to do the Spooktakular event, but when we passed people they seemed to be enjoying it. Other than playing at length in the bubble machines they had set up, she just wanted to keep touring and I would be glad for that later.

A serious warning from the shuttle driver that took us back to the hotel on Thursday evening would have me making a major change in our touring plan. More on that later.

It was good to get away and it is good to be home. I'm getting more and more confident about traveling alone with the children.

Oct. 2011: Fall Break at Sea World and Magic Kingdom
TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2827406
June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:22 PM   #32
chiamarie
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you all had fun!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: