Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #1351
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

We are DME and onsite addicts, but have a new situation for an upcoming trip and I wanted to find out if anyone had any experience or knew what would happen in the following situation --

Our flight arrives shortly after 10PM (10:15.) If we tag our bags and then get on the bus without claiming them, will they still be pulled backstage? If we pack what we need for the first night and next day in a carryon, can we just get them delivered the next day?

I am super spoiled by not having to grab our luggage and so we're trying to change to an earlier flight, but was curious what would happen if bags were tagged and not claimed after 10PM.

Thanks!
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #1352
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR View Post
We are DME and onsite addicts, but have a new situation for an upcoming trip and I wanted to find out if anyone had any experience or knew what would happen in the following situation --

Our flight arrives shortly after 10PM (10:15.) If we tag our bags and then get on the bus without claiming them, will they still be pulled backstage? If we pack what we need for the first night and next day in a carryon, can we just get them delivered the next day?

I am super spoiled by not having to grab our luggage and so we're trying to change to an earlier flight, but was curious what would happen if bags were tagged and not claimed after 10PM.

Thanks!
I 'believe' that the tagged bags that arrive after 10pm just go to baggage claim with the other bags. Then, when no one claims them, they are pulled and taken to the airline 'luggage' area. First thing in the morning, the DME people will retreive these bags and get them sent to the appropriate resort.
I always recommend packing your carryon bag with anything you will need for the first 6 hrs of your stay.
So, will they be pulled? No, probably not. They will go to the public baggage claim area. And that's my issue. I don't want my checked bags spending all that time, unattended.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #1353
todd222222
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
That seems pretty common and I wouldn't be concerned. You can call DME directly and make sure they have your reservation. Your DME stuff should arrive about 4 weeks before your trip.
Thanks! - I received my package a couple of days ago.

But they don't have our departure flight information listed, just our arrival.

I would just assume to call DME directly to provide this instead of calling my travel agent, is this possible? What's their number?

Thanks!
Todd

1983 - WDW - Camped at Fort Wilderness | May 1994- WDW - Off Site | Dec 1994- WDW - Off Site | Jun 1995 - DLRJun 1998 - DLR | Dec 2006- WDW - Pop Century | Jan 2008- WDW - AKV Slide Show Warning - 12 1/2 mins long | Jan 2009- WDW - Pop Century | Oct 2009- WDW - Pop Century | Nov 2011 - WDW - Pop Century | June 2012 - DLR | Mar 2013 - WDW - AoA - Cars Suite | Oct 2013 - WDW - All Stars Sports | Mar 2014 - US - HardRock | May 2014 - WDW - AKV
todd222222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:27 PM   #1354
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd222222 View Post
Thanks! - I received my package a couple of days ago.

But they don't have our departure flight information listed, just our arrival.

I would just assume to call DME directly to provide this instead of calling my travel agent, is this possible? What's their number?

Thanks!
Todd
1-866-599-0951

You can just wait until you get to the DME counter at the airport if you want.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #1355
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
So, will they be pulled? No, probably not. They will go to the public baggage claim area. And that's my issue. I don't want my checked bags spending all that time, unattended.
I always, going anywhere, pack a spare change for that day, a set of PJs, a change for the following day and anything crucial or sensitive. In fact, I'm a semi-frequent flier who has had many bags lost -- so I generally travel carry-on only. It's just a bit too tempting to have the bags handled completely via DME, so I usually check on the way to Disney.

That said, I can handle having no bags until the next morning, but if they'll be sent to the carousel, then you're absolutely right. I don't want my things going around in circles unattended until someone pulls them into the office. If I can't get my flight changed, I'll go ahead and claim them... or maybe go back to the old standby of just carrying everything on, lol.

Thanks!!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #1356
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieR View Post
or maybe go back to the old standby of just carrying everything on, lol.
Or, you could ship a box to your resort.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #1357
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

We always fly Southwest so it doesn't make financial sense to do that -- I can check two bags for free. The $$$ value of the 15 minutes it will take me to run down to baggage claim is less than the $$$ value of the shipping costs, know what I mean? I do appreciate the suggestion though!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:08 AM   #1358
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

Funny thing. We're going in Dec 2011 and then again in April 2012. Just booked our flight for April and called to book our Magical Express trip. Well today I got extra luggage tags for that trip. I haven't even got my Dec tags yet. LOL. Expect them be sent out in Nov.
Nancy
Old 10-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #1359
Rebecca22
Earning My Ears

I live in Australia and have never been overseas before. My mum and I are going from here to LA for 4 nights, then to Orlando. In Orlando we're staying at Disneyworld for 4 nights, then changing to a different hotel. We booked through a TA, and we only leave in 6 days (and there's only a few hours left of this one). We haven't received anything at all in the mail, so we don't have any information or yellow tags. I wasn't around when my mum had the TA book the hotel at Disneyworld, so I don't know if the TA did anything about the DME. We can't check with the TA untill Monday, and we leave on Friday. We're happy to take our own luggage, so would we just go to the Disney Welcome Center and ask when we get there, or get on a bus? Should we contact DME or have our TA contact them? I think it's too expensive to call from here, but should we find a way to contact them online? I read on here that we need a reservation with the DME, but we have no idea if they know we plan to use it. What should we do? Also, totally unrelated, does anyone know a somewhere that I can get some info on Halloween at Disney or just in general? We're going to MNSSHP, but not on the actual day, and I don't know what sort of stuff to expect.
Rebecca22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #1360
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca22 View Post
I live in Australia and have never been overseas before. My mum and I are going from here to LA for 4 nights, then to Orlando. In Orlando we're staying at Disneyworld for 4 nights, then changing to a different hotel. We booked through a TA, and we only leave in 6 days (and there's only a few hours left of this one). We haven't received anything at all in the mail, so we don't have any information or yellow tags. I wasn't around when my mum had the TA book the hotel at Disneyworld, so I don't know if the TA did anything about the DME. We can't check with the TA untill Monday, and we leave on Friday. We're happy to take our own luggage, so would we just go to the Disney Welcome Center and ask when we get there, or get on a bus? Should we contact DME or have our TA contact them? I think it's too expensive to call from here, but should we find a way to contact them online? I read on here that we need a reservation with the DME, but we have no idea if they know we plan to use it. What should we do? Also, totally unrelated, does anyone know a somewhere that I can get some info on Halloween at Disney or just in general? We're going to MNSSHP, but not on the actual day, and I don't know what sort of stuff to expect.
Welcome to the DIS boards Rebecca. You do need to have a reservation in order to get on the bus. The TA that booked your WDW stay should call asap and make sure that you are booked for DME. They don't ship overseas in any case...so your TA may very well have booked you already but you just aren't sure. They can tell you.
When you get to MCO, just go to baggage claim and get your bags. You can then bring them to the DME bus with you. DME doesn't need a lot of time to get you in their system. You can actually call the night before you arrive and they can put you in the system. As long as you are there, in their system, you can get on that bus.

As far as Halloween at WDW goes, if you head over to the Theme Parks boards you should be able to get lots of info about the party there.
Have a great trip to the US!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #1361
raugust
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by raugust View Post
A quick question. I have two room reservations for Poly in late Nov. early Dec.
My wife and I have one ressie and my daughter and her family have the other. Each of us have one bag (two for our res. and four for my daughter's). I also have a van rented from MCO. I plan on driving the van to the Poly while the other five ride the DME. I was led to believe that if at least one person, per reservation, checks in at the bus, all luggage for that reservation is loaded, I.E. My wife and my bags on ours and my daughters family on theirs. True? I would hate to have my bag sitting at the MCO
I am the original poster of the above quote. Yesterday, we received all of our DME tags and vouchers . However, being a little paranoid , I noticed that the tags have a name on each, mine and my wife's. The same on the vouchers. If only she is boarding, both bags will still get loaded, right? Or do I physically, have to be at the DME area? I have read that all bags with yellow tags are picked up at MCO and delivered to the resorts on those tags, but, if that is the case, how can they segregate the ones who actually ride the bus from the ones which no one rides? Not the case in my circumstance, as stated in quote. Again, does one person from each reservation have to check in at the DME or does all, listed on the vouchers, have to do so? What is the exact bus boarding procedure? Thanks.
raugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #1362
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raugust View Post
I am the original poster of the above quote. Yesterday, we received all of our DME tags and vouchers . However, being a little paranoid , I noticed that the tags have a name on each, mine and my wife's. The same on the vouchers. If only she is boarding, both bags will still get loaded, right? Or do I physically, have to be at the DME area? I have read that all bags with yellow tags are picked up at MCO and delivered to the resorts on those tags, but, if that is the case, how can they segregate the ones who actually ride the bus from the ones which no one rides? Not the case in my circumstance, as stated in quote. Again, does one person from each reservation have to check in at the DME or does all, listed on the vouchers, have to do so? What is the exact bus boarding procedure? Thanks.
Don't worry, all of the tagged bags will be collected and delivered.

As for the bus boarding procedure, it's super easy. You go to the DME counter, you check in, they direct you to a line, and when your bus shows up you get on it.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:22 AM   #1363
raugust
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesia View Post
Don't worry, all of the tagged bags will be collected and delivered.

As for the bus boarding procedure, it's super easy. You go to the DME counter, you check in, they direct you to a line, and when your bus shows up you get on it.
Thank you!
raugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #1364
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

Ya know how you get your ME voucher package about a month before your trip?? Well I called to add my April trip flight info a couple weeks ago. They sent me two tags for that trip. Then yesterday I got the vouchers for my April 2012 trip with two more tags. (Which is good cause I need four.) But I haven't gotten my Dec. 2011 voucher yet. When I called I was told it would go out next week. Not sure why they sent the others so early??

Nancy
Old 10-30-2011, 01:59 AM   #1365
disneydork
Earning My Ears

Do they check ID when you check in at the DME desk?

I am wondering if anyone knows if they check ID for anyone riding DME? We booked 3 reservations, but have just added a 4th person to our trip, and are actually renting a car at the airport (long story, don't ask), and are wondering if we can just substitute one of the DME riders with our new person? (So originally persons A, B, & C were going to ride, now can persons A & D ride?)
disneydork is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: